TS3 vs. Discord

Which do you prefer?

I use both but do prefer discord

this is a personal  list of the pros and cons for both ts3 and discord that apply to me. If there are any I didn't think of please feel free io share

pros of TS3:

more customisation

better control of permissions and control over server

Lots of plugins for client and server

custom ranks with lots of control

Cons of ts3:

Can Costs to run a server 

unfriendly ui for new users

pros of Discord:

userfriendly UI

dedicated text channels

Direct Messages

Better mobile app

cons of discord:

honestly there will be a few but I can't think of any

I like discord.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Discord looks a lot more, professional while TS3 looks ... bad

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

15 minutes ago, Jed M said:

TS3 Pro:

• People have to be in your server to grab your IP

Even then, you can customize permissions to where users can't see other user's connection information.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

22 minutes ago, Vulrax said:

Discord looks a lot more, professional while TS3 looks ... bad

I completely disagree. The TS3 interface is much more clean and simple than that of discord. TeamSpeak is actually more business-oriented than Discord is. Discord's interface to me seems more cluttered and full of gimmicks compared to that of TS3.

2 minutes ago, Oberon.Smite said:

Discord's interface to me seems more cluttered and full of gimmicks compared to that of discord.

one more time 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Discord's UI elements are too large if you have a decent sized server because of making the UI super friendly to look at. TS3 has a horrible chat box.

My $.02

Discord, no brainer for me. Especially when video chat and screen sharing comes around, it'll be no contest.

Also, android and linux Discord are amazing, even browser discord works great.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

24 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Even then, you can customize permissions to where users can't see other user's connection information.

I meant packets...

Discord is rather an easy way to set up a little community of your own, without much skill or knowledge to do so. Click a few buttons, throw a few roles in, and vuala. In comparison, Teamspeak is far more daunting - the fiddling that is initial creation of a server is borderline nonsensical - but it is so, so much more rewarding. 

At this moment in time, there isn't a half-way point between the two. Teamspeak has an ugly user interface (though clean and simplistic at that) and channels are purely session based, yet Discord doesn't have the permission system to support complex hierarchical ranks, nor does it have any way to store static information other than in another channel.

I do agree with a statement above though. You can't help but see that Teamspeak has improvements that could be made, but it does what it was intended to do. Discord is trying to be the jack of all trades, but will inevitably end up being the master of none at the same time.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

i prefer TS3 for just voice , for groups and sharing stuff discord is pretty nice 

but TS3 is alot easyer on data and resources in general 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list