You can't make this stuff up.

Okjoek

I typed Ryzen into Amazon just because I was bored and the second listing was for a space heater by the same name.

https://www.amazon.com/H-5000-Portable-Infrared-Quartz-Heater/dp/B00N516PX2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487734527&sr=8-2&keywords=Ryzen

also the first listing was a T-Shirt with the slogan "Wait for Ryzen" lol

I hope Ryzen doesn't live up to the unfortunate reputation. That Entry level quad core at 3.2 GHz for only ~140 dollars or something looks like an excelent replacement for my locked i5 at 3.1GHz. It will make a great setup to go with my RX 460.

Well, RIP that companies SEO in about a week

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

I think I can beat that.  Yes, this is an unedited image of an actual product page I saves a while back:

Capture.PNG

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX47008

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think I can beat that.  Yes, this is an unedited image of an actual product page I saves a while back:

-snip-

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX47008

Not only that product page is a heater, it also consumes lots of powah. Any idea

Low: 750 watts High: 1500 watts

Shit, I hope this isn't any indication of how Ryzen will be. https://www.amazon.com/H-5000-Portable-Infrared-Quartz-Heater/dp/B00N516PX2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1487805538&sr=8-5&keywords=ryzen

Notice how they haven't talked about temps yet? (Lol)

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Well that's gonna cost a lot of money.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

1/10 for effort. Try again later never.

*Sigh*

I guess LTT forums hasn't gotten sick of years worth of "lol AMD runs hot" jokes yet.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

*Sigh*

I guess LTT forums hasn't gotten sick of years worth of "lol AMD runs hot" jokes yet.

Agreed, but still... You got to admit it's a little funny that there is a desktop looking space heater named Ryzen for sale on Amazon. Haha.

19 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Shit, I hope this isn't any indication of how Ryzen will be. https://www.amazon.com/H-5000-Portable-Infrared-Quartz-Heater/dp/B00N516PX2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1487805538&sr=8-5&keywords=ryzen

Notice how they haven't talked about temps yet? (Lol)

I've merged this into another thread pointing out the same thing

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

*Sigh*

Never gets old xD

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've merged this into another thread pointing out the same thing

Damn somebody beat me to it. Haha.

17 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Never gets old xD

kinda funny, whats funnier is when intel fanboys make this joke but completely ignore Intels history of hot cpu's

31 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

kinda funny, whats funnier is when intel fanboys make this joke but completely ignore Intels history of hot cpu's

What is the hottest running CPU? The most I know of is the FX 9590 or whatever it's called. Then again I'm not familiar with architectures much earlier than this decade.

52 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Never gets old xD

I good ol' GTX 480 or R9 290x joke is never out of taste either :P 

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I good ol' GTX 480 or R9 290x joke is never out of taste either :P 

IDK what the hottest running GPUs are either, but I know my younger brother's XFX R9 390 is a power hog.

1 minute ago, Okjoek said:

IDK what the hottest running GPUs are either, but I know my younger brother's XFX R9 390 is a power hog.

As a side note, it's important to make a distinction between the hottest (as in core temperature) and the most power hungry (ie, most heat output) since those aren't necessarily the same thing.  Run a fairly low power card on a terrible cooler and it might end up running hotter than a much more power hungry card.

I think the 295x2 is the most power hungry card, but I'm not familiar with typical temps.  For all I know, it had a decent enough cooler to let it actually run at reasonable temperatures.

8 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

What is the hottest running CPU? The most I know of is the FX 9590 or whatever it's called. Then again I'm not familiar with architectures much earlier than this decade.

difference being thou one is a 8 core (module what ever you like to call it) 5Ghz CPU the other is a 1-3.0Ghz single to dual core. 
the 9590 was ridiculous yes, and AMD never said it would run cool, they actually said its hot and u need a AIO at least, Intel KNOWING that their CPU's ran Both hot and slow denied this, Lied to customers and also Lied about their benchmarks. which is why there is now standards and rules on official Benchmarks for products. the only really hot chip AMD had was the 95xx series, an thats because they are overclocked ridiculously 

8 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

from what i have heard an seen, the 480 was a bit of a furnace and hurricane 

3 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

difference being thou one is a 8 core (module what ever you like to call it) 5Ghz CPU the other is a 1-3.0Ghz single to dual core. 
the 9590 was ridiculous yes, and AMD never said it would run cool, they actually said its hot and u need a AIO at least, Intel KNOWING that their CPU's ran Both hot and slow denied this, Lied to customers and also Lied about their benchmarks. which is why there is now standards and rules on official Benchmarks for products. the only really hot chip AMD had was the 95xx series, an thats because they are overclocked ridiculously 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Capture.PNG

yeah like i said, at least AMD owned it, what about Intel, from memory back when pentium4 was a thing we went thru 5 in half a yr due to them overheating. 

5 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

It wasn't just that one though, the whole FX line was a bit of a failure... higher TDP yet lower performance when comparing, say, the 8350 with the 3770, miserable IPC leading to needing twice the cores at a higher frequency to match Intel's mainstream i7s, etc.

Glad to see them turning the tables with RyZen :D  65 W 8 core!?  Rip Intel xD