You can't make this stuff up.

Okjoek
1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

yeah like i said, at least AMD owned it, what about Intel, from memory back when pentium4 was a thing we went thru 5 in half a yr due to them overheating. 

Yeah Intel has definitely done some shady stuff over the years...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It wasn't just that one though, the whole FX line was a bit of a failure... higher TDP yet lower performance when comparing, say, the 8350 with the 3770, miserable IPC leading to needing twice the cores at a higher frequency to match Intel's mainstream i7s, etc.

Glad to see them turning the tables with RyZen :D  65 W 8 core!?  Rip Intel xD 

yeah we all know that FX wasnt great, we have since it pretty much came out, and lets be honest this is the only thing Intel fanboys can really have ago at AMD for FM and FX werent that great.. but they still work, my little 4300 has been running OC since i brought it (accidentally had it sitting on 10% auto OC since i brought it) and i have it running at 4.65Ghz atm, no its not the fastest, but it has lasted since the 4300 hit the shelf. it run hot yes. but it still runs. and Ryzen is really bring back that old magic it seems.

47 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It wasn't just that one though, the whole FX line was a bit of a failure... higher TDP yet lower performance when comparing, say, the 8350 with the 3770, miserable IPC leading to needing twice the cores at a higher frequency to match Intel's mainstream i7s, etc.

Glad to see them turning the tables with RyZen :D  65 W 8 core!?  Rip Intel xD 

Yeah I noticed that too. I think my i5 is rated around 65W TDP and it's only a quad core (although it is ivy bridge, but still)