Should I redo my cables?

mamamia88

I have a large case with a small matx motherboard I bought before every other part so I didn't realize how much space it would take up in the case. For reference see the picture below. I built the computer prior to my power supply showing up in the mail. End result was a bunch of cables bunched up in the bottom of the case and cables everywhere seeing how 4 pin is in top left and I needed to run both SATA cables to my semi modular PSU because I needed 1 for my DVD drive. I'm half tempted to rip it all apart when I get home and redo it but I also had hernia surgery recently and am not supposed to lift anything too heavy and don't feel like hurting myself in the process. Would it make a lick of difference if I managed the cables better for anything but silencing my compulsion to do so? For reference the GPU has fans pointing down towards the cables and the front fans intake air pretty much directly onto the cables. So I'm kinda worried the hot air might get trapped in that area. Cooling system is 2x120mm in top 2x120mm in front and 1x120mm in rear. Sorry I can't take pictures of final product in out right now

DdEaD0a.jpg

Try to keep all your wires in the back panel so it only comes out to plug in the motherboard. There are alot of useful holes in the chassis that are not being used. 

Cable management doesn't really affect anything, its more for ascetics. Do it if you wish, but it wont affect airflow any. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

For me, that looks bad and there isn't even a PSU in yet but if it doesn't bother you then it's fine.

27 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

For me, that looks bad and there isn't even a PSU in yet but if it doesn't bother you then it's fine.

It bothers me I'm just feeling a bit lazy.  I'll see what I can do when I get home. Added another hard drive yesterday. Got even worse

It wont affect anything except the level of sex factor when you bring a girl over and she sees your cable management skills and then you can whisper in her ear "Cables aernt the only thing I'm good at tying".

Or maybe you're gay. It could be a dude. I dont judge.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

After an hour of trying best I could do.  I give up next time I get the biggest motherboard I can fit in a case and run the cables prior to screwing it down. Didn't even wire back up my dvd drive and removed a harddrive just so i didn't need to wire it up.

8c7KwGa.jpg