Can i launch calculator from macro keys?

Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

make one press some obscure combination of keys launching a aurohotkey script that launches the calculator, or just do what i do, press windows + r and type "calc" and then hit enter. its quite fast to do so

Hello everyone ! Recently I upgraded my membrane keyboard to razer blackwiddow and I absolutely love it but i miss 1 feature that my membrane keyboard had. It had dedicated button to launch calculator and i miss this button on blackwiddow. As you probably know blackwiddow has macro keys but I don't know how to program 1 of them to launch calculator. Can I ask you for help ? Thanks :3

make one press some obscure combination of keys launching a aurohotkey script that launches the calculator, or just do what i do, press windows + r and type "calc" and then hit enter. its quite fast to do so

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, The Sneaky Snail said:

that was what i was looking for thanks :3

Remember to Quote people if you want them to see your answers, do this by pressing the small arrow under the comments!

And aside from that; If you started a topic and you feel like someone solved your issue, press the "Mark Solved" button! :)

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Why the Win + R?  Why not just Win?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

because i can run other comands from it and i just got used to it, but i cant just type in %appdata% if i just hit the windows key for example. i use it for more then the calculator so i just got used to always pressing both of them lol, and windows search can also be slow AF sometimes

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

that was what i was looking for thanks :3

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

because i can run other comands from it and i just got used to it, but i cant just type in %appdata% if i just hit the windows key for example. i use it for more then the calculator so i just got used to always pressing both of them lol, and windows search can also be slow AF sometimes

oh xD Well, I understand that for commands but even with it being a habit it's hard to believe that would be faster :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Remember to Quote people if you want them to see your answers, do this by pressing the small arrow under the comments!

And aside from that; If you started a topic and you feel like someone solved your issue, press the "Mark Solved" button! :)

ow ok, i am new to forums, thanks :3

1 minute ago, The Sneaky Snail said:

ow ok, i am new to forums, thanks :3

Yeah I noticed on your post count, no worries!

oh xD Well, I understand that for commands but even with it being a habit it's hard to believe that would be faster :P 

well its faster on slower machines, iv had windows search thing take like 20 sec before finding what i want, even for things like the calculator -_- in those cases its way faster

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well its faster on slower machines, iv had windows search thing take like 20 sec before finding what i want, even for things like the calculator -_- in those cases its way faster

rip :(  Well, it works well for me... I can hit Win, type and hit enter before the start menu has even visually loaded and it works, but I guess it's good to have alternatives :D

rip :(  Well, it works well for me... I can hit Win, type and hit enter before the start menu has even visually loaded and it works, but I guess it's good to have alternatives :D

most of my problems with it was with my old shitbook with a first gen Atom in it lol. worked great for emulators but it had problems watching 720p content and wrighting documents...

Builds:

Spoiler

I use to have a keyboard with calculator button next to the number pad. It was really useful. I think it was a dell

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

bet none of you knew you can just type maths into the start menu search bar and itt'l give you the answer, don't even need to run the calculator :)

Saw linus do it recently and it blew my mind lol

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Oh god... I just had a flashback to when keyboards had a calculator button on them...

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

most of my problems with it was with my old shitbook with a first gen Atom in it lol. worked great for emulators but it had problems watching 720p content and wrighting documents...

lol so about the power of a raspberry pi 3 then :D  No wait... those can type documents fine and play YouTube at 720p... normal "desktop" videos play at 1080p 60 fps perfectly xD 

5 hours ago, DnFx91 said:

bet none of you knew you can just type maths into the start menu search bar and itt'l give you the answer, don't even need to run the calculator :)

Saw linus do it recently and it blew my mind lol

Oh yeah there is that, but for some reason I've never got into that feature much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

46 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

lol so about the power of a raspberry pi 3 then :D  No wait... those can type documents fine and play YouTube at 720p... normal "desktop" videos play at 1080p 60 fps perfectly xD 

Oh yeah there is that, but for some reason I've never got into that feature much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes, but it was running windows 10 lol. if i had Linux on it im sure it would have been fine, it was usiually windows 10 shit that was eating up the poor dual core(hey it had HT to "help" lol) but yah, it was crap. managed to sell it of to some poor sod for $30 about two months ago

Builds:

Spoiler