Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I got a question, hope you can help me out!

So I'm going to buy a new mouse soon and I've done some research on the Razer Ourobors and I've read that there are some problems when you switch the DPI, the mouse lags.
Has this been fixed yet? Or does this problem still exist? And are there any other problems known?

If you're still reading, you probably read that I'm looking to buy a mouse, these are the mice's I've selected;
- Razer Ouroboros
- Razer deathadder 2013
- Logitech G700s
- Logitech G602

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? And the known problems if possible.

EDIT: Added voting.

Thanks in advance!

I got the Ouroboros myself and I haven´t noticed any lag when changing the DPI of the mouse so it should be fixed :)

And for the mouse advice: It all comes down to what your budget is. The Ouroboros is the best mouse in my opinion (and according to Razer themselves beats the Deathadder since the Ouroboros is their Über awesome gaming mouse number one), but the 700S is also a good option :)

So my question to you is: What is your actual budget?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I have a razer mamba :) its really not worth it for a dedicated gaming pad. Check my post about it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37076-gamin-padz-or-mechanical-keyboardz/#entry476649

Since the Mamba is basically the same as the deathadder without the re-adjustable buttons on the LMB, which can easily be changed in razer synapse 2.0 its designed well

Although the rubber parts for your Thumb Pinky and Ring finger make it so your using a Claw grip most of the time.

Just read ouroborous aint the same sorry though it was a keyboard/gaming pad :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I have had a hands on with the G700S The anti sweat coating is really firm and great for grip. I don't like the 4 thumb buttons its too much having a 2 for forward and back for internet browsing for me is best. I wouldn't use the 3 buttons on the LMB button unless they change my DPI activelly in an MMO like World of Warcraft or something else.

I'd try a G602 but not too sure if any retailer have it in London though they might.

You hand won't lie to you but the best in my opinion for ambidextrous mouse is the original generic microsoft mouse. No competition at all. Even I use mine everynow and then over my mamba.

microsoftopticalwheelmouseivorywhiteusb.vsouroboros-dock.png

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I have a razer mamba :) its really not worth it for a dedicated gaming pad. Check my post about it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37076-gamin-padz-or-mechanical-keyboardz/#entry476649

Since the Mamba is basically the same as the deathadder without the re-adjustable buttons on the LMB, which can easily be changed in razer synapse 2.0 its designed well

Although the rubber parts for your Thumb Pinky and Ring finger make it so your using a Claw grip most of the time.

im pretty disappointed with my mamba, had it for ~8 months and the right click is already pretty much dead :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@Titanicium Great! Thanks for letting me know and the Razer Ouroboros is within my budget. (:

@wng_kingsley7 Haha no problem, thanks for the help anyway, and I more of a palm user i think, I have the G500 now and it fits perfectly, I just want to upgrade my mouse. And I don't really care about those buttons, thats no problem for me (at least I think xD). The Razer Ouroboros has "2" buttons on the left side AND the right side if I saw that correctly, I won't be able to reach the 2 on the right sight either probably :P

In all of the new razer mice there is a slight lag when changing dpi. I actually have and regularly use all of the pice youve listed what do you want to know?

I got the Ouroboros myself and I haven´t noticed any lag when changing the DPI of the mouse so it should be fixed :)

And for the mouse advice: It all comes down to what your budget is. The Ouroboros is the best mouse in my opinion (and according to Razer themselves beats the Deathadder since the Ouroboros is their Über awesome gaming mouse number one), but the 700S is also a good option :)

So my question to you is: What is your actual budget?

Minus the fact that the da needs 1 or 2 more buttons to be perfect for me it is a better palm grip mouse than the ouroboros. If you appreciate a few more buttonts the ouroboros is better but if thats the case od tell you to look at either of the two logitech offerings yor interested in as they do a better job a handling more buttons.

I agree the mamba isnt as good as the da 2013. I do wish the 2 extra buttons had made it over though.

I have had a hands on with the G700S The anti sweat coating is really firm and great for grip. I don't like the 4 thumb buttons its too much having a 2 for forward and back for internet browsing for me is best. I wouldn't use the 3 buttons on the LMB button unless they change my DPI activelly in an MMO like World of Warcraft or something else.

I'd try a G602 but not too sure if any retailer have it in London though they might.

You hand won't lie to you but the best in my opinion for ambidextrous mouse is the original generic microsoft mouse. No competition at all. Even I use mine everynow and then over my mamba.

Posted ImagevsPosted Image

You can use the extra buttons on any of these mice for anything. I think you either dont want to use them or dont understand how they could be used. Which is fine thats all up to you and your play style.

@Titanicium Great! Thanks for letting me know and the Razer Ouroboros is within my budget. (:

@wng_kingsley7 Haha no problem, thanks for the help anyway, and I more of a palm user i think, I have the G500 now and it fits perfectly, I just want to upgrade my mouse. And I don't really care about those buttons, thats no problem for me (at least I think xD). The Razer Ouroboros has "2" buttons on the left side AND the right side if I saw that correctly, I won't be able to reach the 2 on the right sight either probably :P

You can reach those buttons but > couldnt accuratly hit the so I disabled them. Also you can push the sides in on it which is what I use for cycle dpi. I locked the pinky side and disabled it in the software too because I would always actuate it when using the other side.

In all of the new razer mice there is a slight lag when changing dpi. I actually have and regularly use all of the pice youve listed what do you want to know?

I actually want to know the bad things of the mice's, like I've read Ouroboros has lag when you switch DPI (that button on the side) and for example, Logitech G* is a great mouse BUT the battery life is so damn low... I'm interested in those things.

Thanks in advance!

You can reach those buttons but > couldnt accuratly hit the so I disabled them. Also you can push the sides in on it which is what I use for cycle dpi. I locked the pinky side and disabled it in the software too because I would always actuate it when using the other side.

Yeah thats what I ment, I will be able to reach them but it would be unhandy.

I actually want to know the bad things of the mice's, like I've read Ouroboros has lag when you switch DPI (that button on the side) and for example, Logitech G* is a great mouse BUT the battery life is so damn low... I'm interested in those things.

Thanks in advance!

As I said before all of the new razer mice have lag when changing dpi even the deathadder 2013 I think is has to do with the fact that nothing is stored on the mice anymore. Possibly the software is handling everything which would explain the lag because the software is telling the mouse to switch rather than the current profile being stored on the mouse and the mouse handling it which is how all of the newer logitech mice handle it besides the G700/G700s.

The logitech G700 and G700s only have horrible battery life if you run them in max gaming with the max report rate all of the time. There are a few ways to do this the first being setup at least two profiles one for desktop use with power saving on and the lowest report rate and at least one profile for gaming with max gaming mode on and the max report rate of 1000hrz. This way when your on the desktop it will actually go to sleep and report far less which is perfectly fine for desktop use. Then with the gaming profile(s) in the game youll have the mouse's full potential. This is actually all that the G602 does to save power except is has a hardwired button and the max polling rate is only 500hrz along with the 2500dpi optical sensor (as seen in the G100s) which supposedly uses significantly less power than even the 4000dpi optical sensor (as seen in the G400s). Also for the gaming profile if you plan on using the software actively instead of passively (something that can only be done on the G700/700s for more than a single profile) you can have it automatically switch when a certain program or game is loaded and then when it is closed it will switch back to your default desktop mode (this can not be done in passive mode where you would have to switch between profiles manually using a button you specify which I would suggest the button behind the scroll wheel switch for). The other thing I recommend doing it buying a 4 pack of eneloop NiMH batteries specifically the set with the charger and just popping a new battery in when it dies and charging them with the charger instead of the usb cable. For me its far quicker and more convenient and you get a better charge out of the batteries. If you choose you can even get the better Eneloop XX's to get additional life per battery.

Yeah thats what I ment, I will be able to reach them but it would be unhandy.

Yes they are quite unhandy for me as I constantly grip and bump them with my pinky which is why I just locked the one and disabled all of them. This does not make the mouse any worse off as I never expected to be able to use them and there are plenty of button on the mouse for me for regular use. I should note that once I adjusted it to my hand and the style that I hold the mouse its quite comfortable even though its a ambidextrous mouse.

I own a Razer Ouroboros myself as well :). It's an awesome mouse! The 4 programmable buttons does wonders for me,for instance I make the 2 buttons on the right side of the mouse Next Track and Previous Track to control the music playing on my PC while I lay down on my bed to rest after a looong day(since its a wireless mouse). Then for the left side of the mouse,I program it as Flash and Ignite(I'm a LoL Player) so I can easily use it while im using my skills at the same time. While on MMORPG games,I use the two buttons as Macro keys to chain my skills fast. Yeah..i find 4 buttons enough already when im playing games. Also,side note, you could actually press and hoid the side of the mouse to make its DPI go like 800 or whatever you like, then release it to go back on your set DPI. i usually use it as a Sniper button :).

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

I own a Razer Ouroboros myself as well :). It's an awesome mouse! The 4 programmable buttons does wonders for me,for instance I make the 2 buttons on the right side of the mouse Next Track and Previous Track to control the music playing on my PC while I lay down on my bed to rest after a looong day(since its a wireless mouse). Then for the left side of the mouse,I program it as Flash and Ignite(I'm a LoL Player) so I can easily use it while im using my skills at the same time. While on MMORPG games,I use the two buttons as Macro keys to chain my skills fast. Yeah..i find 4 buttons enough already when im playing games. Also,side note, you could actually press and hoid the side of the mouse to make its DPI go like 800 or whatever you like, then release it to go back on your set DPI. i usually use it as a Sniper button :).

There are actually a total of 8 programmable buttons on the mouse and even if you disable one side you still have at 5. Are you possibly forgetting that you can push the thumb rest in? I believe when mine shipped it had them locked probably for shipping concerns or something so you may want to look into that. I use that for dpi cycle which feels really natural unlike the default thing they have it set to where you have to hold it in, which for how still the button is its quite uncomfortable.

There are actually a total of 8 programmable buttons on the mouse and even if you disable one side you still have at 5. Are you possibly forgetting that you can push the thumb rest in? I believe when mine shipped it had them locked probably for shipping concerns or something so you may want to look into that. I use that for dpi cycle which feels really natural unlike the default thing they have it set to where you have to hold it in, which for how still the button is its quite uncomfortable.

i know, I mentioned that on the "You can press and hold the side button to make it like a Sniper button" :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

i know, I mentioned that on the "You can press and hold the side button to make it like a Sniper button" :)

Ahh looks like I missed that sorry. Personally I dont like it that way because it takes a cons9derable amount of force to press and hold it in.

Ahh looks like I missed that sorry. Personally I dont like it that way because it takes a cons9derable amount of force to press and hold it in.

Its ok hahaha :). Uhm,hm...its ok for me. I guess because i Claw the mouse? xD,dunno hahaha

Spoiler

| CPU:

Well I was gonna talk about the DA2013 and the logitech but it looks like theprofosist has this topic locked down... Oh well I'll go for it anyway.

Personally I have nothing but love for the DA2013. It has excellent tracking and is fantastic for a palm grip (for whatever reason it reminds me of the I.M.E 3.0). However I recently tried out a couple logitech mice and found their mice very comfortable. I then proceeded in testing them all pretty thoroughly in Counter Strike. I have been playing on my sensitivity and DPI for a long time so I can feel very small variations in the tracking of the mice. (it helps I have a super low sensitivity as well. 28 inches for a full 360).

In my testing (between the logitech g400s, g500s, and g700s using the DA2013 as a baseline) I found that the g500s and g700s had a moderate amount of acceleration. Moving the same distance(across my mousepad) the G500s and G700s the cursor went to different places than the DA2013 and the logitech G400s. I might have gotten defective models but that seems unlikely since it happened twice on two different mice. Since the G400s and the DA2013 both landed the cursor on the same place every time and the G500 and G700 did not reach the same place as each other moving at different speeds I have to assume the 700 and 500 both have acceleration. All tests were done with all mice with the dpi turned down to 400 also.

Take that information however you wish, you may not care about acceleration but I am just saying it is there. I did not do any kind of tests on the DA2013 with regards to DPI changing for two reasons, the first being I was not aware of it until now and the second being I don't use the feature anyway.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I got a question, hope you can help me out!

So I'm going to buy a new mouse soon and I've done some research on the Razer Ourobors and I've read that there are some problems when you switch the DPI, the mouse lags.

Has this been fixed yet? Or does this problem still exist? And are there any other problems known?

If you're still reading, you probably read that I'm looking to buy a mouse, these are the mice's I've selected;

- Razer Ouroboros

- Razer deathadder 2013

- Logitech G700s

- Logitech G602

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? And the known problems if possible.

Thanks in advance!

If you want something comfortable get da biggest one... The biggest one are always more comfortable in the hand!

Well I was gonna talk about the DA2013 and the logitech but it looks like theprofosist has this topic locked down... Oh well I'll go for it anyway.

Personally I have nothing but love for the DA2013. It has excellent tracking and is fantastic for a palm grip (for whatever reason it reminds me of the I.M.E 3.0). However I recently tried out a couple logitech mice and found their mice very comfortable. I then proceeded in testing them all pretty thoroughly in Counter Strike. I have been playing on my sensitivity and DPI for a long time so I can feel very small variations in the tracking of the mice. (it helps I have a super low sensitivity as well. 28 inches for a full 360).

In my testing (between the logitech g400s, g500s, and g700s using the DA2013 as a baseline) I found that the g500s and g700s had a moderate amount of acceleration. Moving the same distance(across my mousepad) the G500s and G700s the cursor went to different places than the DA2013 and the logitech G400s. I might have gotten defective models but that seems unlikely since it happened twice on two different mice. Since the G400s and the DA2013 both landed the cursor on the same place every time and the G500 and G700 did not reach the same place as each other moving at different speeds I have to assume the 700 and 500 both have acceleration. All tests were done with all mice with the dpi turned down to 400 also.

Take that information however you wish, you may not care about acceleration but I am just saying it is there. I did not do any kind of tests on the DA2013 with regards to DPI changing for two reasons, the first being I was not aware of it until now and the second being I don't use the feature anyway.

Yes there is a small touch in the lasers in the G500s and G700s so if your a low sense gamer I wouldnt suggest a laser sensor. Since you tested the "s" versions be glad because the original G500 and G700 where a good bit worse. The perfect mouse for you might be the G602 actually, though I may be wrong.

If you want something comfortable get da biggest one... The biggest one are always more comfortable in the hand!

I would have to disagree with that as I have used some particularly lard mice that were larger than any of my current that were as uncomfortable as using a brick as your mouse and were just about as ergonomic.

Yes there is a small touch in the lasers in the G500s and G700s so if your a low sense gamer I wouldnt suggest a laser sensor. Since you tested the "s" versions be glad because the original G500 and G700 where a good bit worse. The perfect mouse for you might be the G602 actually, though I may be wrong.

I would have to disagree with that as I have used some particularly lard mice that were larger than any of my current that were as uncomfortable as using a brick as your mouse and were just about as ergonomic.

Well if its a retardedd big mouse then its usually bad lol. But most bigger mice have nice grooves to keep your hand in a good position. Thats all I was trying to say. Though I have never liked the smaller mice...

Thanks for your "review" and hey, I'm a Lol player as well :P and okay but still the buttons on the right side still seems unhandy to reach without moving your hands to much and yes I've read that ^^

I'm still doubting between the Razer Ourobors and LogitechG700s and Logitech G602 :/

Thanks for the information! This turned my preference to the Razer Ouroboros, though I have the G500 now and I don't really have problems with it, and it fits perfectly in my hand (palm), I just want to "upgrade" and get a new mouse.

Well if its a retardedd big mouse then its usually bad lol. But most bigger mice have nice grooves to keep your hand in a good position. Thats all I was trying to say. Though I have never liked the smaller mice...

Its not retarded big just a bigger version of a standard cheap mouse. Also from your description it seems like you palm mice and yes to accommodate this more palm mice are bigger.

Thanks for the information! This turned my preference to the Razer Ouroboros, though I have the G500 now and I don't really have problems with it, and it fits perfectly in my hand (palm), I just want to "upgrade" and get a new mouse.

Just a heads up on this even though the ouroboros can be adjusted it never really fits like a true palm mouse. Additionally the G602 uses the sensor from the G100s and is optical and trouble free.

Its not retarded big just a bigger version of a standard cheap mouse. Also from your description it seems like you palm mice and yes to accommodate this more palm mice are bigger.

Just a heads up on this even though the ouroboros can be adjusted it never really fits like a true palm mouse. Additionally the G602 uses the sensor from the G100s and is optical and trouble free.

Okay, I'll just go to the store and hope I can "try" the Ourobors and the G602, thanks for all the information guys!