Gamin' padz or Mechanical Keyboardz

wng_kingsley7

Having the curiosity of never using a mechanical gaming pad how would you contrast between a dedicated pad against a mechanical keyboard?

any switches? different ergonomics? just name the factors that change the way you play? like it? hate it? share your opinion

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

too many stupid drivers to play with and too much time to set up with the gamepads.

mech board all the way.

You can also pick the switches with a keyboard, the orbweaver only uses mx blues.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I've been using the nostromo n52 gamepad since 2006, I cannot comprehend playing an mmo without it. no more cirque du soleil finger acrobatics stretching shift + number buttons or alt + number buttons. also I use the thumbstick for motion control instead of wasd so I can maintain dps while moving. which is more finger acrobatics if you are hitting w + numbers 

Keyboard + mouse all the way. Anything else feels odd and uncomfortable.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I've never tried a gamepad. Could be good. Like anything else peripheral related it's all about personal preference. Try one out and see if you like it.

Go with the mech keyboard.  I've used gamepads before and they are not what they are cracked up to be. Wasted enough of my time setting them up and configuring them.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I can't play anyting that requiers camera movement with a gamepad. It feels odd and wrong.