There are 2 versions of the Ouroboros,the US one i think,has screws but the non-US one is just like a slide lock :). Mine is a slide lock :)

Yes the us one has screws. The main difference in the sensor the us one has a 8200dpi single laser sensor and the one you have most likely has the phillips twin eye dual sensor setup. You should easily be able to tell by looking at the bottom as there will be two holes for two different sensors that are spaced quite a bit apart.

Edit: Also I dont know why they switches to screws must have been some issue with a lot of adjustment and it getting loose who knows.

I use them both wired and wireless. Usually wireless,then when i run out of juice,i just set it on wired and continue playing lol :)

This is what I do with mine as well though I try to use it wired as little as possibly by throwimg it on the charging dock whenever I leave the room for any real length of time.

I use them both wired and wireless. Usually wireless,then when i run out of juice,i just set it on wired and continue playing lol :)

Thanks for your answer!

I think i'll go with the Ouroboros then...

The mice just looks sick and I don't think its a bad mice (if I don't get the dpi lag, but I probably wont use the on-the-fly dpi button anyway).

The only thing I don't like from both the Ouroboros and G700s is the battery life, I have a G500s for probably 2-3 years, maybe more and its still going...

Thanks for your answer!

I think i'll go with the Ouroboros then...

The mice just looks sick and I don't think its a bad mice (if I don't get the dpi lag, but I probably wont use the on-the-fly dpi button anyway).

The only thing I don't like from both the Ouroboros and G700s is the battery life, I have a G500s for probably 2-3 years, maybe more and its still going...

I like the mouse its a definite improvement even over the first revision but they could have done more.

I basically fixed the battery issue on the G700s as I said and if you could easily pull out the battery on the ouroboros it would be solved on it as well. Even setting up a power saving profile on either of them helps drastically. The G602 has wireless solved but there is a dip in specs due to it.

The G500s hasnt been out for that long maybe the G500 though.

I like the mouse its a definite improvement even over the first revision but they could have done more.

I basically fixed the battery issue on the G700s as I said and if you could easily pull out the battery on the ouroboros it would be solved on it as well. Even setting up a power saving profile on either of them helps drastically. The G602 has wireless solved but there is a dip in specs due to it.

The G500s hasnt been out for that long maybe the G500 though.

Isn't it easy to pull out the battery of the Ouroboros?

a4asa4ud.jpg

So it would be a good choice if I'd go for the Razer Ouroboros?

Only thing I'm "afraid" of is that it's been a "long" time since they released a mouse, I bet if I buy a mouse, that they will release a even better one a couple of monthers later >.<

I think the g700s is pretty much the razer ouroboros, but with a more decent price.

They have similair specs plus the logitech software is very nice.

Isn't it easy to pull out the battery of the Ouroboros?

*snip*

So it would be a good choice if I'd go for the Razer Ouroboros?

Only thing I'm "afraid" of is that it's been a "long" time since they released a mouse, I bet if I buy a mouse, that they will release a even better one a couple of monthers later >.<

Yes once you get the palm rest off the thing is on the US/updated version the palm rest is held in place with two tiny very easily stripable screws, so I try to not touch it once I have it adjusted.

The DA 2013, Naga 2014, and Ouroboros all came out within this year so I doubt any of them will get replaced anytime soon. They are also three of their highest mice so if anything new does come out soon my guess it will be lower end or mid range.

I think the g700s is pretty much the razer ouroboros, but with a more decent price.

They have similair specs plus the logitech software is very nice.

spec wise they might be similar but everything else especially ergonomics they are different

Yes once you get the palm rest off the thing is on the US/updated version the palm rest is held in place with two tiny very easily stripable screws, so I try to not touch it once I have it adjusted.

The DA 2013, Naga 2014, and Ouroboros all came out within this year so I doubt any of them will get replaced anytime soon. They are also three of their highest mice so if anything new does come out soon my guess it will be lower end or mid range.

spec wise they might be similar but everything else especially ergonomics they are different

I live in Belgium, so I don't know if it's the one with screws...

And okay thanks for the info.

You got me doubting again between the Ouroboros and the G700s tho xs

I live in Belgium, so I don't know if it's the one with screws...

And okay thanks for the info.

You got me doubting again between the Ouroboros and the G700s tho xs

Hopefully Razer has updated the ouroboros everywhere and I would consider the new sensor to be much better and the screws and other changes were likely added as fixes.

If you prefer to palm your mice I would go G700s as it is one of the best feeling ergonomic palm mice available currently. If your grip is another style or you only somewhat palm get the ouroboros.

I prefer the logitech software and there is no lag when switch dpi on logitech mice. I think this is because the current profile is on the mouse contrary to razer where it would be on the PC in the software. I may be wrong here but I dont really know where to get the correct answer on this.

Hopefully Razer has updated the ouroboros everywhere and I would consider the new sensor to be much better and the screws and other changes were likely added as fixes.

If you prefer to palm your mice I would go G700s as it is one of the best feeling ergonomic palm mice available currently. If your grip is another style or you only somewhat palm get the ouroboros.

I prefer the logitech software and there is no lag when switch dpi on logitech mice. I think this is because the current profile is on the mouse contrary to razer where it would be on the PC in the software. I may be wrong here but I dont really know where to get the correct answer on this.

I don't really know what grip user i am, i am using a palm mouse now, but maybe i'm a better claw user, I don't even know...

And thats what bothers me 50% says the software is bad and has dpi lagg and the other half doesn't...

I don't really know what grip user i am, i am using a palm mouse now, but maybe i'm a better claw user, I don't even know...

And thats what bothers me 50% says the software is bad and has dpi lagg and the other half doesn't...

Ouroboros might be good for you cause you can make it whatever really but not a perfect anything.

The software is not bad my anymeans. I do find the Logitech software better though. The dpi switching lag I have experienced on all of my newer razer mice DA 2013, Naga 2014, and ouroboros.

i had a Ouroboros, i didn't like it... at all, so i bought a Deathadder 2013. a lot happier with the latter one.

MAIN RIG | i7 4770K @ 4,5 GHZ | Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti | ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz | XFX 750watt PRO Black Edition | Samsung 840 PRO 120gb | Fractal Design Define R3Windows 7 Ultimate | Few Random HDDs  ;) |

PERIPHERALS | Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech G710+ | JBL J88i | Antlion Modmic 2.0 | Steelseries QCK Mini |

Can't decide -.-.

well I cant do it for you...

Is an optical mouse (DA) actually better than the Ouroboros laser? (If it is, how much better?)

Thanks in advance!

Is an optical mouse (DA) actually better than the Ouroboros laser? (If it is, how much better?)

Thanks in advance!

Yes it has less faults especially compare to the dual sensor ouroboros.

Fuck me, I can't decide -.- and I think where I would get the mice I won't be allowed to test them...

Fuck me, I can't decide -.- and I think where I would get the mice I won't be allowed to test them...

Idk all you can do is ask?

True, I hope I can try them both...

Thanks for your help!

I have all the G700s, Ouroboros and the Mamba2012 (which i can safely say its the same shape as DA2013)

I for feel, I love the g700s, the texture is just.... out of this world lol but for handshape? I don't know why but I always seem to go back to the Ouroboros. It's the most comfortable one for me out of the three.

The only bad thing i can say for my Ouroboros is that the surface is smoothing out. I've only got the g700s yesterday so Only time will tell whether it will smooth out or not.

j1bj.jpg

next up to try for me is the Steelseries Rival. when it comes available in my country.

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

I have all the G700s, Ouroboros and the Mamba2012 (which i can safely say its the same shape as DA2013)

I for feel, I love the g700s, the texture is just.... out of this world lol but for handshape? I don't know why but I always seem to go back to the Ouroboros. It's the most comfortable one for me out of the three.

The only bad thing i can say for my Ouroboros is that the surface is smoothing out. I've only got the g700s yesterday so Only time will tell whether it will smooth out or not.

Posted Image

next up to try for me is the Steelseries Rival. when it comes available in my country.

Seems like you trying to catch up to me :P

Seems like you trying to catch up to me :P

hahaha we'll see  ;)

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

Ouroboros might be good for you cause you can make it whatever really but not a perfect anything.

The software is not bad my anymeans. I do find the Logitech software better though. The dpi switching lag I have experienced on all of my newer razer mice DA 2013, Naga 2014, and ouroboros.

The DPI switch lag is hardware i think, coz everyone seems to have it. If it was software i think Razer woulda fixed by now?

j1bj.jpg

Thanks!

I mailed to the shop I will be going, and they said I will most likely be able to test them (hold them).

Thanks!

I mailed to the shop I will be going, and they said I will most likely be able to test them (hold them).

That's the best option for you right now. Have a feel for them mouse and pick which one you like the most. The DA2013 does feel lighter than those ones if i remember correctly lol since it doesn't have battery. *I prefer heavy mouse*  :P