Postal Service-who is good and who is $#1t

ArcThanatos

ok who has the WORST postal service out there. and who is a great..good postal service.

Here in AUS we have Auspost.... their idea of 7 working days is anywhere between now and 2 weeks from now..... normally the latter in my experience 

has anyone else had issues like this. 

or has a postal service decided to kick your products all the way to your door

Canada post I find has been amazing

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

In America my favorite is UPS, followed by FedEx, followed by the shit USPS

Breaking things 1 day at a time

see we have 2 main service's in AUS. Auspost (lazy garbage who for yrs wouldn't give me my parcels on a tuesday or a thursday even if it was on the shelf right behind them and i could bloody well see it, but refused to give it to me cos i dont get mail on tuesday or thursday).

and StarTrack who on thier standard post can get stuff to me faster than auspost express

1 minute ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

In America my favorite is UPS, followed by FedEx, followed by the shit USPS

ok but why is USPS so bad, elaborate haha. 

i heard UPS and fedex are suppose to be good

1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

ok but why is USPS so bad, elaborate haha. 

i heard UPS and fedex are suppose to be good

USPS is always behind and shipping is expensive. UPS is by far the best IMO

Breaking things 1 day at a time

so sounds like the gov funded services are pretty much the same, USPS an AusPost are equally shit. 

i ordered 2 things from the same shop for fun i put one on startrack and one on auspost. star track 2 later on my door and in my RIG went my new GPU...... AUS post 9 days later (working days) on their 7 working days policy post... good thing i put the mouse mat in that post...

14 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Canada post I find has been amazing

DHL for international mail deliver isn't shit too. Got mine delivered after a week just like they said

Depends who your delivery guy is... I've had some twats in the past who pretended to deliver my packages and simply never did. Or just left my stuff in front of the door, for anyone to steal, in the rain or the snow.

Honestly, IMO they should NEVER leave a box in front of a god damn door when you're not home. Just leave an "attempted delivery" notice and that's that.

I get that some people would prefer to take the risk and have their package right then and there, but I've had a few packages going "missing" this way, so much so that I had to get a PO box for my online orders.

But overall, I'd say Canada Post is best here. While they left my packages in front of the door a few times(they don't anymore after I complained), they just leave a notice for me to get my stuff a block away at the local pharmacy if I'm not there.

UPS and FedEX are shit. Not only do they not even wait 5 seconds after ringing the bell, they also leave my packages in front of the door, lost a few packages because of them(including one that was worth over $300), resulting in a waste of time and money for having to go through the hoops of the insurance. Complaining did nothing with them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Honestly, IMO they should NEVER leave a box in front of a god damn door when you're not home. Just leave an "attempted delivery" notice and that's that.

I get that some people would prefer to take the risk and have their package right then and there, but I've had a few packages going "missing" this way, so much so that I had to get a PO box for my online orders.

I agree. I ordered lots of computer parts before and the store was shipping through Purolator. They just leave it in front of my porch. Though the total cost is only like under 1000CAD but still, that's money! I was away and came back after few hours. Imagine the frustration, it's not hard to know they are computer parts when there is Newegg label around them lol

ok that is a upside to 1 where i live and 2 the post service. both services if parcel is too big to fit in mail box give you a "pick up" slip to aviod the door parcels, OR a parcel guy drives about. thou he has been known to leave them on the front door. unless people complained and then he leaves them at post office or somewhere out of site at your house. 

upside thou is the street i live in (just outta town) no one is going to steal ya stuff, but if you lived in Vegemite village in town, you wouldn't leave a broken garden gnome out the front of your house.

The Royal Mail is brilliant imo, bit expensive in recent times but beats what most other countries have.