AMD confirms Ryzen launch in early March, Vega launch Q2 2017

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

I mean I like the area because I'm getting exposure to networking tech since that's what I studied and love atm but this company makes me regret taking the job.

most important thing is networking, get much connection as you can. remember you get job through connections. 

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

engineering debt sucks, at least i have a job even with the shitty market. 

I am grateful that i live where i live, because here i can go to a good collage for a mere 1200 euros per year

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

I am grateful that i live where i live, because here i can go to a good collage for a mere 1200 euros per year

engineering? 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

engineering? 

electro engineering and computer science 

most important thing is networking, get much connection as you can. remember you get job through connections. 

lol I'm anti social so connections are hard to come by... I've probably got more connections outside of my country but that requires me going back to college

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

lol I'm anti social so connections are hard to come by... I've probably got more connections outside of my country but that requires me going back to college

get out of your comfort zone

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

electro engineering and computer science 

that's cool take advantage of that, good luck. 

that's cool take advantage of that, good luck. 

I find it hard to communicate with people... for instance my manager asked me for a suggestion to help fix a problem.... I gave my opinion and he basically ignores it and calls microsoft for them to tell him the same exact thing I told him for free !! (You have to pay microsoft for any kind of support... still don't understand this logic on their part)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

14 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Haha I'm on Ivy Bridge and I'm considering skipping 14nm. I wanna see what happens in 4-5 years when we're using something other than silicon.

Yah now that I got this Kaby Lake I will only buy a new CPU the day they aren't silicon any more as well xD

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I mean I like the area because I'm getting exposure to networking tech since that's what I studied and love atm but this company makes me regret taking the job.

Well that kinda sucks, I'd say work for a company you actually like but that is way easier said than done. Also you can't really know if you'll like working at a place until you are.

I find it hard to communicate with people... for instance my manager asked me for a suggestion to help fix a problem.... I gave my opinion and he basically ignores it and calls microsoft for them to tell him the same exact thing I told him for free !! (You have to pay microsoft for any kind of support... still don't understand this logic on their part)

sounds like shitty management, don't act irrationally and try your best. IT starting position is like this most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sounds like shitty management, don't act irrationally and try your best. IT starting position is like this most of the time. 

@XenosTech

Often a manager/business will contact a vendor anyway just as an ass covering thing.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

@XenosTech

Often a manager/business will contact a vendor anyway just as an ass covering thing.

no one really wants responsibility for the problem.  

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Well that kinda sucks, I'd say work for a company you actually like but that is way easier said than done. Also you can't really know if you'll like working at a place until you are.

I think it's my age man... when I was 17 and look for a job in pc repair I was basically told no one will hire me unless I was at least 25 fast forward 6 years and well I got hired 6 months ago but feels like I don't get taken seriously.

I basically just do certain jobs and avoid doing stuff I know I can do but because on paper it says I'm not qualified to know this stuff so I'm tight lipped on that.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@XenosTech

I get that but we already knew windows was corrupted any way from the logs we got off the server not like microsoft was gonna magically assist us in any form or fashion.

Well this is interesting.

Unlike prior quarters, AMD’s earnings were driven by its PC businesses, as opposed to the SoC chips that power gaming consoles and other products. AMD’s Computing and Graphics business generated $600 million in revenue, up 28 percent year-over-year. AMD said the growth was driven by GPU sales, specifically higher GPU prices. Put another way, GPU revenue was the highest in 11 quarters, Su said, and PC client revenue was the highest in the last seven quarters

Shows that Polaris was very successful.

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yah now that I got this Kaby Lake I will  only buy a new CPU the day they aren't silicon any more as well xD

Before I got into the tech community here I was used to getting prebuilt PCs and using it for 4-5 years before begging to switch, but now that this CPU is getting ~5 years old I just don't feel the same degree of obsolescence as I used to from my PCs.

I guess we're reaching diminishing returns from advancing using Silicon. That and I guess it would be easy to blame AMD for slow competition, but then I feel bad because their workers gotta be working hard too so I just want to encourage them to make something awesome for me to buy just once more before we do find something new to make CPUs from.

I think it's my age man... when I was 17 and look for a job in pc repair I was basically told no one will hire me unless I was at least 25 fast forward 6 years and well I got hired 6 months ago but feels like I don't get taken seriously.

I basically just do certain jobs and avoid doing stuff I know I can do but because on paper it says I'm not qualified to know this stuff so I'm tight lipped on that.

I am 25 got out 2 years ago from university, young people at a job don't get takes seriously. it's a sad reality, try to make many friends as possible and keep contact with them. first few years are going to be rough but of you stick around you will do well. 

I am 25 got out 2 years ago from university, young people at a job don't get takes seriously. it's a sad reality, try to make many friends as possible and keep contact with them. first few years are going to be rough but of you stick around you will do well. 

2 years younger than you and dropped outta college (was tired of the class room and not really learning anything new) I'm just perusing experience and certs atm and finding a way to make my way to canada to live with a relative to possibly get a masters in networking 

I feel like this is still too little too late.

Most people that were waiting for high-end Vega have already invested in high-end nVidia GPUs, because AMD waited more than a whole year from confirmed rumors to actual product. Nothing wrong with taking time to make a good product, but nVidia is already getting closer to releasing their new line of GPUs. 

Most people that were waiting on Zen in 2015 have already invested in Skylake machines, because AMD waited more than a whole year from confirmed rumors to actual product. Nothing wrong with taking time to make a good product, but Intel is already getting closer to releasing their new CPU architecture.

I think you guys get it. The emotional side of me hopes that these products are great and sell well, but the realistic side of me says it won't do too great.

I'll still be upgrading to a Vega card if they're great, though. ;) (I don't have money to upgrade now anyways.)

I used to be quite active here.

3 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

2 years younger than you and dropped outta college (was tired of the class room and not really learning anything new) I'm just perusing experience and certs atm and finding a way to make my way to canada to live with a relative to possibly get a masters in networking 

not sure what to tell you, are you planning on going back for your degree? also if you don't mind what course did you drop out of. 

not sure what to tell you, are you planning on going back for your degree? also if you don't mind what course did you drop out of. 

Nope don't plan to... find certs more satisfying to do.... Here we call it computer studies/ computer science

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

I feel like this is still too little too late.

Most people that were waiting for high-end Vega have already invested in high-end nVidia GPUs, because AMD waited more than a whole year from confirmed rumors to actual product. Nothing wrong with taking time to make a good product, but nVidia is already getting closer to releasing their new line of GPUs. 

Most people that were waiting on Zen in 2015 have already invested in Skylake machines, because AMD waited more than a whole year from confirmed rumors to actual product. Nothing wrong with taking time to make a good product, but Intel is already getting closer to releasing their new CPU architecture.

I think you guys get it. I really hope that these products are great and sell well, but the realistic side of me says it won't do too great.

I disagree I think it will work out, the 480 is a good card if vega and zen can live up to what they showed i believe it will work out. 

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well this is interesting.

Shows that Polaris was very successful.

I'm wondering if it was the good marketing because I'm pretty sure my RX 460 doesn't beat a GTX 1050.

Nope don't plan to... find certs more satisfying to do.... Here we call it computer studies/ computer science

well good luck, experience is everything in IT field.