PSU Possibly Causing PC Crashes?

Hi everyone,
I have been having a major issue with my computer that I have not quite pinpointed yet, although I have an idea. I have been having an issue where my displays and peripherals turn off suddenly, and then my peripherals come back on but my displays do not, forcing me to restart. It happens frequently but seemingly randomly and quite frankly has made using my computer for gaming useless, as it occurs much more frequently if I have my graphics card in, instead of using my integrated graphics like I am using right now. My first thought was that it was a faulty GPU that was causing the problem, however since this error has happened on integrated graphics as well, I am now thinking otherwise. I have tested my hard drive on a different computer so I know it is not hard drive related, and I am quite certain that my GPU is not broken. I have tested a different PCI slot, and I got the same result. I suspect that my power supply has gone bad somehow, but other than these errors I have no proof. I do not have the proper hardware to test the voltage unfortunately.

Here are my specs:

CPU: i5 4690k

GPU: XFX R9-390P-8DF6 512-bit PCI Express 3.0 8GB Dual Dissipation Graphic Card

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600

Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Ram: 1x8GB PNY 

It's a CX 600. 

Corsair CX (only CX, not CXM) PSUs suck total ass. 

Contact Corsair Support and see if they can help

idk

1 hour ago, Theblanknite said:

Hi everyone,
I have been having a major issue with my computer that I have not quite pinpointed yet, although I have an idea. I have been having an issue where my displays and peripherals turn off suddenly, and then my peripherals come back on but my displays do not, forcing me to restart. It happens frequently but seemingly randomly and quite frankly has made using my computer for gaming useless, as it occurs much more frequently if I have my graphics card in, instead of using my integrated graphics like I am using right now. My first thought was that it was a faulty GPU that was causing the problem, however since this error has happened on integrated graphics as well, I am now thinking otherwise. I have tested my hard drive on a different computer so I know it is not hard drive related, and I am quite certain that my GPU is not broken. I have tested a different PCI slot, and I got the same result. I suspect that my power supply has gone bad somehow, but other than these errors I have no proof. I do not have the proper hardware to test the voltage unfortunately.

Here are my specs:

CPU: i5 4690k

GPU: XFX R9-390P-8DF6 512-bit PCI Express 3.0 8GB Dual Dissipation Graphic Card

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600

Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Ram: 1x8GB PNY 

I wouldn't pair a 390 with a CX600.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Droidbot said:

It's a CX 600. 

Corsair CX (only CX, not CXM) PSUs suck total ass. 

Contact Corsair Support and see if they can help

That's just straight up misleading information.

Not all Corsair CX "suck".

The modular versions of the CX are not any different internally or performance wise than their respective non-modular version, and do not "suck" any less.

You need to take into consideration that the CX750 and 850 are drastically different internally than the other CX's, and that there is a newer revision of the CX ("silver label") that slightly improves the lower-end models on performance and build quality.

"Rawr XD"

So does this problem appear to be associated with my power supply?
Also are EVGA power supplies better than corsair?

11 minutes ago, Theblanknite said:

most likely

EVGA has some excellent PSUs (gq, gs, g2/g3, b2) but also some bad/mediocre ones(N1,W1,B1,NEX-G,NEX-B).

Or you can get the bitfenix whisper which is very good for the money.

17 hours ago, Theblanknite said:

You can't just compare the entire brand, both make good stuff and bad stuff. However generally EVGA has better options for the money than Corsair as Corsair is a household name in PSUs and can market their stuff for a higher price.

"Rawr XD"