I'm 18 and without a beard?

CFM56-7B Turbofan
Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,
6 hours ago, CFM56-7B Turbofan said:

My dad has a full beard, but an incredible amount of people say I look like my uncle, who only seems to be able to grow a full mustache. Does this mean I will get most of my genes from him?

What this does mean, is that you should have a serious talk with your mother about who is actually your father and who is your uncle. 

Peach fuzz mustache came in maybe at about 15, goatee patch came in a matter of months ago. Now its a lot darker and can be noticed from across the room, but still isn't a full stache. A few hairs on my chin that can't be noticed, but nothing yet on my cheeks. Still hoping for that full blown beard across my face. My dad has a full beard, but an incredible amount of people say I look like my uncle, who only seems to be able to grow a full mustache. Does this mean I will get most of my genes from him?

When do most men grow a full beard? Still hope?

I'm 23 and can't grow a full beard. I can grow a goatee and sideburns though. For some people it just takes a while.

2 hours ago, CFM56-7B Turbofan said:

Peach fuzz mustache came in maybe at about 15, goatee patch came in a matter of months ago. Now its a lot darker and can be noticed from across the room, but still isn't a full stache. A few hairs on my chin that can't be noticed, but nothing yet on my cheeks. Still hoping for that full blown beard across my face. My dad has a full beard, but an incredible amount of people say I look like my uncle, who only seems to be able to grow a full mustache. Does this mean I will get most of my genes from him?

When do most men grow a full beard? Still hope?

Beards are less dependent on age and more dependent on genes. But they're overrated honestly (I say this as a beard owner). You can be sexy af without one.

If you want a noticeable beard, word in the street says every time you shave your beard hair becomes a bit thicker, so shave every day and that should help the beard growth (ironically lol).

Here's another tip: look for the hottest peppers you can find in your country, and suspend them in alcohol. Let that mixture sit for a week, then start applying it to your chin after every shower. Guaranteed better beard. Don't ask me how I know.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

It's alright. I look good without facial hair, I bet so do you.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Hair in general around the body is determined by how much testosterone you got. I got a small beard around the age of 14/15 and that's when I started shaving. The more you shave the more hair grows out and it's stronger. I'm 23 now and I have two blind patches on my chin that look hilarious xD Anyway, it might take a few years to grow a good beard or mustache for you. Hope dies last ;)

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

My friend is 26 and he only has ever grown bum fluff (after even 2 years not shaving) thats all he gets.

I however, have shadow in the afternoon from a morning shave, I'm 34, have grown it out to 5inches from the chin, but usually have a shaved/rough'ish look most of the time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 hours ago, CFM56-7B Turbofan said:

My dad has a full beard, but an incredible amount of people say I look like my uncle, who only seems to be able to grow a full mustache. Does this mean I will get most of my genes from him?

What this does mean, is that you should have a serious talk with your mother about who is actually your father and who is your uncle. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Oh boy...

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Everybody is unique in this regard. I am 25 and my beard is not dense and stops growing after reaching a certain length (which is quite short)

4 hours ago, Gale said:

It's alright. I look good without facial hair, I bet so do you.

Ayyyy

IMG_0962.JPG

- snip-

Facial hair started kicking in for me around 13 or 14.  Genetics for me favored this.  It will vary with others. 

Unless you want to keep and maintain a full beard, then I say you're lucky.  Shaving is a pain.  I tend to have a 5 o'clock shadow before noon, that's how fast it grows.  

First of all, are you a dude?

Who cares? I'm 26 and still a little patchy. At 20 I had nothing but awkward fuzz.

Just don't worry about it, if you grow one at some point then great... if you don't, also great... I promise you no one that matters will care if you can grow facial hair or not.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

I got a full beard at 11 (light, but covered my face. I blame all the chicken I ate XD) a lot of my friends are in their late 20's and 30's and can barely grow a patch after a few months. I wouldn't worry about it. Shaving frequently sucks anyway.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

11 hours ago, Energycore said:

-snip-

If you want a noticeable beard, word in the street says every time you shave your beard hair becomes a bit thicker, so shave every day and that should help the beard growth (ironically lol).

-snip-

This is incorrect, and provably false. When you shave, it does not come back in thicker, or grow in with more hairs. What you are perceiving, is essentially an optical illusion. When you shave a hair, the base of the hair is the thick centre shaft of the hair follicle, not the fine point at the end of a regular hair. This is just an illusion, and once the hair starts to grow out a bit, the point of the hair will wear down into a fine point again.

Shaving every day, vs not shaving at all, with have no impact at all over how thick or full your beard grows.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't know why people make such a big deal out of beards and other facial hair to begin with. Personally, I think guys look cuter, in general, with less, or none at all. Heck, even chest hair looks unsightly to me. It mostly just looks ugly and unclean to me. I dunno why.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 minute ago, Shakaza said:

I don't know why people make such a big deal out of beards and other facial hair to begin with. Personally, I think guys look cuter, in general, with less, or none at all. Heck, even chest hair looks unsightly to me. It mostly just looks ugly and unclean to me. I dunno why.

It depends on the person, really. Many women (and men) find body/facial hair attractive. Others do not.

Men tend to like the idea of facial hair, because it's a sign of traditional masculinity and manliness. Others may like it because it makes them look older.

I personally like the look of my beard, and I simply cannot be assed to shave every day. My fiancee loves my beard, which is just a bonus!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This is incorrect, and provably false. When you shave, it does not come back in thicker, or grow in with more hairs. What you are perceiving, is essentially an optical illusion. When you shave a hair, the base of the hair is the thick centre shaft of the hair follicle, not the fine point at the end of a regular hair. This is just an illusion, and once the hair starts to grow out a bit, the point of the hair will wear down into a fine point again.

Shaving every day, vs not shaving at all, with have no impact at all over how thick or full your beard grows.

Interesting

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I have really thick hair.  I started shaving my mustache/chin/sideburns around twelve.  I don't think I could grow a full beard until my mid teens, 14/15.

I read this thread and think, you can have my beard/body hair.  I never liked it, probably because it is so damn thick.  Sometimes when I shave, a hair will penetrate the skin on my hand.. like a dart.

On the bright side, I don't have prominent back hair... just a small patch (20 hairs or so) on my left shoulder I can easily pluck out. 

Enjoy the non-hairy phase of your life.  If you have too much, you spend the rest of your life removing it ;)

Oh, I do get to keep my full head of hair though. 

You're not alone,i'm 18 and for some stupid reason I can only grow a mustache. :(