Case or SSD?

Hi Guys,

So I have saved up 90 AUD, and am deciding what to buy. I'm stuck in between an SPEC-02 case, or buying an AMD R3 240 GB SSD. I can get the Case for $85 AUD and with a coupon the SSD for $80. My case currently only has 2 fan mounts and I have a hot GPU, and it is no name brand and has poor cable management, and top mounted PSU. On the other hand, I have boot up time in excess of 2 minutes. 

Thanks in advance.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7-6700K

-GPU- 

Gigabyte RX 5600XT OC 6GB

-STORAGE- 

1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

1x Samsung M.2 1TB SSD

1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD

-RAM- 

Team Group 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400mHZ

-PSU- 

Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 

-MOBO- 

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

-CASE-

Phanteks P400S Satin Black TG Edition

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech g502 RGB and Blackwidow Elite.

-PART PICKER URL-

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jf9tbj

Have a Nice Day, Give us a Thumbs up if I helped you, Why Not?

SSD.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

1 minute ago, KillerGamingBro said:

Hi Guys,

So I have saved up 90 AUD, and am deciding what to buy. I'm stuck in between an SPEC-02 case, or buying an AMD R3 240 GB SSD. I can get the Case for $85 AUD and with a coupon the SSD for $80. My case currently only has 2 fan mounts and I have a hot GPU, and it is no name brand and has poor cable management, and top mounted PSU. On the other hand, I have boot up time in excess of 2 minutes. 

Thanks in advance.

SSD is the smart choice, but that's kind of a terrible SSD, and adding an SSD later is really easy. I'd go with the case if you're having heat problems.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

SSD

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

SSD

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Get an SSD and save up $5 for an extra fan. 

Make a fan-sized hole in the side panel and 4 smaller holes for the screws to fit in.  Then mount the fan with a bit of mesh in front of it (to act as a filter as well as to protect any pet/child from sticking its nose/finger in the spinning fan)

SSD.

Unless you don't have a case right now, there really is no real reason to buy a case outside of the time you buy a whole new PC. Not matter how much you might think it looks "good", it's still just a case, it won't make your PC perform any better.

And how "hot" is "hot" exactly for your GPU? Those things can easily handle 100˚C without any issues. It being in the 70 to 95 range is perfectly normal under load.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Performance before looks.

So yeah go with SSD.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

If your GPU is running hot then I would buy a case to save your parts and keep them at optimum temperature. Go online and look at what the safe temperatures for your GPU is and if it is close to the top then I would buy the case. IF the GPU is running at a decently safe temperature then I would go for the SSD. Keep in mind though that SSD prices are dropping like crazy so if you buy the case now and save up a few more bucks then you can snag a SSD for a killer deal on the next set if sales.

4 minutes ago, Bonch said:

If your GPU is running hot then I would buy a case to save your parts and keep them at optimum temperature. Go online and look at what the safe temperatures for your GPU is and if it is close to the top then I would buy the case. IF the GPU is running at a decently safe temperature then I would go for the SSD. Keep in mind though that SSD prices are dropping like crazy so if you buy the case now and save up a few more bucks then you can snag a SSD for a killer deal on the next set if sales.

I have a $20 voucher on the SSD which expires tommorow, so i will go for the SSD.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7-6700K

-GPU- 

Gigabyte RX 5600XT OC 6GB

-STORAGE- 

1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

1x Samsung M.2 1TB SSD

1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD

-RAM- 

Team Group 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400mHZ

-PSU- 

Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 

-MOBO- 

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

-CASE-

Phanteks P400S Satin Black TG Edition

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech g502 RGB and Blackwidow Elite.

-PART PICKER URL-

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jf9tbj

Have a Nice Day, Give us a Thumbs up if I helped you, Why Not?

6 minutes ago, KillerGamingBro said:

I have a $20 voucher on the SSD which expires tommorow, so i will go for the SSD.

Sounds good, PC cases also go on sale a lot too so keep your eyes peeled.