NEED AUDIOPHILE HELP ASAP !!!!!

megustarad114

You should get the things that do the stuff and make the noise. You should also get the other stuff that does the stuff that helps your stuff do stuff.
TL;DR Get what you want, because you'll probably be happy either way. 

well this thread devolved quickly lol

If you still chose to ignore us OP, I stress that you really  should get headphones of 80 Ohms at bare minimum,

Why?

To the OP have you considered custom one pros?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Why?

To the OP have you considered custom one pros?

1/8th rule, cba to elaborate look it up if you need to. The STX is 10 ohm IIRC so you would want 80 ohm minimum. 

Error: 410

1/8th rule, cba to elaborate look it up if you need to. The STX is 10 ohm IIRC so you would want 80 ohm minimum.

Oh yea he has a sound card lol I'm dumb at midnight

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

There were plenty of recommendations. For the same stuff that is recommended in every thread. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

so what will i do ? 0.o

meow ! 

no recommendations   :(

You already listed what I'd recommend in the first post.

you just have to decide on one.

which is often easier said than done.

now for sound card stuff

it's not that most here are fanboys or are sponsored. it's that there isn't much else that's decent around that price point.

I know of a few diy options that cost around 1/2 of the fiio, but don't have amps, which bring the cost right to around the cost of the e10. (beezar for the dac, jdslabs for the cmoy amp)

for cheap(around $200) dac/amp brands I know of; fiio, nuforce, schitt, IBasso, o2/odac, and maverick audio are about all that I can think of.

schitt and nuforce have their problems, so that leaves fiio, IBasso, o2/odac, and maverick audio.

maverick audio is a pretty big desktop tube unit, so it isn't recommended here all that often.

as for the other 3, they are all good options, and the fiio just happens to be the cheapest so it gets the most recommendations.

I have my IBasso d4 review in my sig, and I have an o2 review coming soon.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

lol, I was commenting on another thread you made but it was locked xD

I'd say go with external dac/amp. I just got O2/ODAC from MayflowerElectronics today. This thing is really awesome. It looks so sexy. After I set everything up, I immediately noticed less noise in the background, more detailed and better volume control. Tried it with different headphone, even crappy no-name headphone still sound better. I can make a really fine volume adjustment with the front knob that windows slider cannot do too. Also, no driver issue to bother you, just plug and you are good to go + you can use it with any thing, phone, ipod, laptop and etc.

I used to look at those sound cards too (yep, because Linus said that those soundcards are good xD) With the same amount of money, there are way better dac/amp that you can buy. I'm glad that I didn't get those sound cards. This is one of the best investment I ever done. Thanks to t0wer, ShearMe, h.264 and MayflowerElectronics. You guys are awesome  :D

For the O2/ODAC, it's 249.99 if you live in the state. Most headphone uses 3.5 stereo jack + it's headphone dac/amp. So, nope. There is no 7.1 surround. If you want virtual surround, go with razer software. (Can't remember the name). They did a pretty good jobs on that software. If you really want real surround system, you might want to get real 5.1 or 7.1 home theater instead. Surround headphone is pretty much marketing gimmick. Surround sound doesn't need 7.1, stereo is good enough. Take a look at virtual barber shop. It's on youtube. That demo is awesome.

"Good/Real" headphone gives you enough detail when you play fps games. I can tell which way enemies coming from and that is good enough for me. Don't waste you money on gaming headset/ 7.1 headset/ fashion headphone, they are not good enough imo.

PS. About the mods, I think this forum has one of the best mod team that I've ever seen but this is just my opinion.  :)

My vote goes to the hd 558s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you do a mod to the hd 558 to make it sound like a hd 598? 

Here's the video on how to do the foam mod for the 558s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-kJ7sN16qw

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

My vote goes to the hd 558s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you do a mod to the hd 558 to make it sound like a hd 598? 

It already sounds like a 598.  :rolleyes:

558 and 598 sounds pretty similar. Not much difference. 598 might be a bit more comfortable imo. Both of them are great headphone.

Here's the video on how to do the foam mod for the 558s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-kJ7sN16qw

558 and 598 sounds pretty similar. Not much difference. 598 might be a bit more comfortable imo. Both of them are great headphone.

very similar yes, but still notably different

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13836-sennheiser-558-foam-removal-mod/?p=153592

Error: 410

after 4 days now you guys reccomend the 558 at last thanks -__- 

meow ! 

after 4 days now you guys reccomend the 558 at last thanks -__- 

You kinda answered your own question really.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Just read through this thread and I'm a bit confused personally. But anyway I just wondered why you REALLY don't want a Fiio E10 and rather get the Asus cards? Is it because of space issues, I'm just curious.

I can't really comment on the headphones but I do own a Fiio E10 and I'm interested to see why you don't want it so badly. 

Just read through this thread and I'm a bit confused personally. But anyway I just wondered why you REALLY don't want a Fiio E10 and rather get the Asus cards? Is it because of space issues, I'm just curious.

I can't really comment on the headphones but I do own a Fiio E10 and I'm interested to see why you don't want it so badly. 

Someone wants to endure frustration and rage of that which is software drivers I guess. He must be an M.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review