With the Help of Silicon Valley, Hillary Clinton Calls for Bipartisan Effort to Regulate Alleged Fake News

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Her campaign was responsible for sending out emails of Obama in a Somali garbs. If you don't mind the link, here. It's got a whole bunch of related information on it. Even from Democratic sources (CNN, MSNBC etc) blasting Hillary for it.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/7-news-stories-2008-prove-hillary-started-obama-birtherism/

Trump just ran with what she and her lackeys shat out in '08.

Your source claims politifact found the truth of it. They even say that there is no connection 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/sep/20/hillary-clinton-and-birther-movement-still-no-ther/

She was not tied to it. That memo never said to push that he was not a citizen. Just to push that he has not been in America for as long thus not being as connected.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

the US GOV should establish a new independent agency and accompanying legislation

this agency would have a council of independent accredited journalists from already established international news agencies and US mass media members

this body would vet reports of misinformation from the media and if found, they can rule (based on the law)

• that outlet to be forced to display they promoted misinformation and pay a fine; websites found in breach would be forced to display this message each time a user logs in into their site to ~30sec
  • if the media outlet does not comply, the government can size and shut them down

So if all of those journalists agree that a site is fake or has used fake news (because they feel it is) they alone decide its future?

Censorship is not a solution.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Not just fox news, all of the major news organizations at the bare minimum were spinning the facts, if not outright lying, as my post implied this is simply a red herring to distract people from the real news issue brought on by bought and paid for news organizations and a scapegoat to the fact she was a horrid candidate who actually has done things that should be considered illegal

Fake news is also their way of trying to curtail the developments of social media and new media taking over and being able to rapidly spread true information.  That's their big problem.  -Actual- facts are going out instead of carefully constructed ones.  Sure there -is- fake news, but 90% of it is from MSM anyway.

Just now, Albatross said:

So if all of those journalists agree that a site is fake or has used fake news (because they feel it is) they alone decide its future?

not because they feel like it, they have to provide evidence to the government - they're not the ones shutting it down

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

To add to your thoughts:

If numerous sources verify that a claim is false, they can provide clear evidence in their reporting and thus hurt the reputation of the original source.  That is very different from censorship.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

not because they feel like it, they have to provide evidence to the government - they're not the ones shutting it down

So.. How "independent" this publicly funded institution could be? I guess not much.

While my own political views are on a completely different spectrum, it is moments like these I do wish or yearn for the absolutism and meritocratic society that would come from Anarcho-Capitalism.  Would stop shit like this from ever being considered.

Image result for Anarchyball

3 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

Your source claims politifact found the truth of it. They even say that there is no connection 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/sep/20/hillary-clinton-and-birther-movement-still-no-ther/

She was not tied to it. That memo never said to push that he was not a citizen. Just to push that he has not been in America for as long thus not being as connected.

Well yes, excuse me, I meant her campaign, aides etc. I've gotten into the habit of using her name for it.

The memo explicitly goes off his "non-American" roots to weaken his position and presidential run.

Capture-22.jpg

It then discusses how his mother living in multiple states ("as far as they could tell") is a "cover up" and is "nonsense". They were using this all in an effort to weaken him and turn Americans against him by showing them he "wasn't American" and didn't have the "American values" to lead them. You can see it just with the memo alone.

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

What's the evidence they have to bring forth? And if like minded people create the evidence ("narrative"/confirmation bias) used against "fake news" how can that be trusted? This would be just as dangerous of a solution as just censoring things.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 minute ago, JoseGuya said:

So.. How "independent" this publicly funded institution could be? I guess not much.

They would be fully independent and would only recommend sanctions. At least how I envision a system like this working.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Just now, JoseGuya said:

government does not control it

and here's the thing: agencies like this already operate around the word and they are quite effective at punishing media who spreads misinformation

58 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

At an event celebrating retiring Sen. Harry Reid,

Also I just want to point out that Harry Reid spread some false claims about Romney during the 2012 election, and justified it with "he didn't win, did he", though I doubt it affected anything I just wanted to point it out because if there is one politician I find worse than Clinton, it would be Reid

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yay! More censorship.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

Well yes, excuse me, I meant her campaign, aides etc. I've gotten into the habit of using her name for it.

The memo explicitly goes off his "non-American" roots to weaken his position and presidential run.

Capture-22.jpg

It then discusses how his mother living in multiple states ("as far as they could tell") is a "cover up" and is "nonsense". They were using this all in an effort to weaken him and turn Americans against him by showing them he "wasn't American" and didn't have the "American values" to lead them. You can see it just with the memo alone.

What's the evidence they have to bring forth? And if like minded people create the evidence ("narrative"/confirmation bias) used against "fake news" how can that be trusted? This would be just as dangerous of a solution as just censoring things.

Yeah. What exactly is the problem with this? It doesn't in any way say that he isn't an American, just that his values may not be extremely tied to the american voter. Her most die hard supporters started that nonsense that Trump drug on for years.

And before anyone asks. No I am not a Clinton supporter. Far from it. If I had voted I would have wrote in either Romney or Kaisich(Most likely Kaisich).

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

government does not control it

and here's the thing: agencies like this already operate around the word and they are quite effective at punishing media who spreads misinformation

But who would fund it? Im pretty sure if a private enterprise funded this kind of thing, people would go apeshit.. But government apparently is fine?

But who would fund it? Im pretty sure if a private enterprise funded this kind of thing, people would go apeshit.. But government apparently is fine?

Government is technically a private enterprise anyway.  It's just a relatively ineffienc--ohmygod I'm turning in to an AnCap.

Just now, SurvivorNVL said:

Government is technically a private enterprise anyway.  It's just a relatively ineffienc--ohmygod I'm turning in to an AnCap.

7s2dfdt.jpg

But who would fund it? I'm pretty sure if a private enterprise funded this kind of thing, people would go apeshit.. But government apparently is fine?

they would be funded by both government and media

Do people go apeshit over PBS? Things can run with public funding and do great things.

Just now, Hunter259 said:

Do people go apeshit over PBS? Things can run with public funding and do great things.

Like all the alphabet agencies.. Right. 

3 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

Yeah. What exactly is the problem with this? It doesn't in any way say that he isn't an American, just that his values may not be extremely tied to the american voter. Her most die hard supporters started that nonsense that Trump drug on for years.

And before anyone asks. No I am not a Clinton supporter. Far from it. If I had voted I would have wrote in either Romney or Kaisich(Most likely Kaisich).

It is that it created the sentiment of negativity on his roots, implying that because of his heritage and his moving around, he's not truly American—of which they sent out anonymously in hopes it would make Americans question his legitimacy without actually being too harsh. Look where it got them though. It sent the worry that he was some Islamic terrorist (because they passed around an image anonymously without context on purpose) and caused mainstream Republicans to push out an image (that Hillary's campaign was responsible for) that he was not a legal U.S citizen....which people now falsely assume was started by Trump. 

May I ask why Romney?

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

they would be funded by both government and media

Funny thing is that by doing this it would encourage someone like myself to make fake news just to fuck with them due to my contempt for both the mainstream media and government censorship, but really the news that killed her chances was real, corruption isn't something people like.

5 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

They don't hide content, they create it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Like all the alphabet agencies.. Right. 

You are choosing to see the just the bad in a few agencies against what good many do daily that no one notices.

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Funny thing is that by doing this it would encourage someone like myself to make fake news

you don't make news in any way shape or form

you are not a media outlet

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

you don't make news in any way shape or form

you are not a media outlet

The news is not something a media outlet has a monopoly on, anyone has the legal right to report "news"