5.25" bay to fit TWO slimline drives?

Con

I have been looking for a product that can fit in a 5.25" bay and house TWO slimline drives (like laptop optical drives). I do have a legitimate use for this, as it will be housing my slimline Blu-ray Burner (and DVD Writer and CD Writer) and below it will be my USB + PATA floppy disk drive of the same slimline form factor (which makes it a very strange product, but it fits) and then I can assign the drive letters to A: Floppy & B: Blu-Ray.

I have found such a product that houses not just 1, but two slimline laptop drives in on singular 5.25" bay, and here it is: Combo Kit for Dual Slimline Blu-ray/DVD - Black Bezel (DIG-23401)

dual_bezel_dimensions.jpg2.jpg

It seems perfectly fine at $28, the only problem is that when I tried to order it to the UK the price went way up to $151.22, because of $123.11 shipping!

At the time of writing, this is the only product I can find on the web where two slimline drives can fit inside one 5.25" bay. I need some more options of places to go to acquire such a product. I'd sooner try to make my own than spend this much money on a simple drive holder.

Any help is always appreciated.

Have you considered upgrading your technology to 21st century stuff?

Such as flash or network storage?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Have you considered upgrading your technology to 21st century stuff?

Such as flash or network storage?

I use floppies for my older tech stuff, like a few computers and an electric organ which reads and writes MIDI data to floppy drives.

As for Blu-Ray, I spent £2,000 building this system but didn't get round to any optical drives, and I have a lot of rare music CDs I'd like to copy, plus I'm getting a HDMI VCR at some point to capture onto Blu-Rays, might be able to make a profit from that, but the reason for Blu-Ray burning is mostly for "Just 'cus".

It's a personalised system to me, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start doing some experimental customisations. I have some genuine current uses for Floppy and Optical media, I'd just like a way to physically make them part of the system build, like we would in the old days, and it will be covered by one of the 5.25" dust covers to make the Blu-Ray+Floppy section a sort of hidden feature.

3 minutes ago, Con said:

I use floppies for my older tech stuff, like a few computers and an electric organ which reads and writes MIDI data to floppy drives.

As for Blu-Ray, I spent £2,000 building this system but didn't get round to any optical drives, and I have a lot of rare music CDs I'd like to copy, plus I'm getting a HDMI VCR at some point to capture onto Blu-Rays, might be able to make a profit from that, but the reason for Blu-Ray burning is mostly for "Just 'cus".

It's a personalised system to me, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start doing some experimental customisations.

Can't find any too. At this point just use duct tape

Wait there is something

images-view.php?imageid=14379

Model is PX-DB608AL

It is not on sale anywhere but see if you can find it

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Wait there is something

images-view.php?imageid=14379

Model is PX-DB608AL

It is not on sale anywhere but see if you can find it

Ah, that seems to come bundled with the DVD writer and it costs over £100.

I'm getting a dremel at some point; at this rate I'll probably end up just cutting and filing a hole in the bottom of a single slimline 5.25" adaptor.

Just now, Con said:

Ah, that seems to come bundled with the DVD writer and it costs over £100.

I'm getting a dremel at some point; at this rate I'll probably end up just cutting and filing a hole in the bottom of a single slimline 5.25" adaptor.

yes. that would be better