Apple sends out invitations to an October 27th event titled "hello again", expected to announce new Mac hardware

1 hour ago, Bsmith said:

being behind in hardware doesnt matter when CPU's barely change at all. if you look between the 6700 and 4900 series for example the difference is minimal in most tasks.

If we take an 6700K and a 4790K for example they are nearly equal in performance. the age of an CPU says nothing these days.

I think it's less about the raw CPU performance these days and more about what other features change between generations. Not specifically relating to Mac hardware but things like M.2, SAS 12Gbit, NVME, USB 3.1/USB C support etc - the CPU performance may be relatively similar between two generations but new invoations like those I mentioned can be missing.

1 hour ago, Windspeed36 said:

I think it's less about the raw CPU performance these days and more about what other features change between generations. Not specifically relating to Mac hardware but things like M.2, SAS 12Gbit, NVME, USB 3.1/USB C support etc - the CPU performance may be relatively similar between two generations but new invoations like those I mentioned can be missing.

It are reason's to upgrade yes, but Apple isn't the type of company that refreshes their line up with every new cycle if it isn't really needed, currently the only things that are interesting for apple are NVME and USB 3.1/USB C support, but outside that not much. Still curious though to know what they have planned, killing usb A would be a hard move, but not very unlikely, maybe an internal NVME or M.2 drive dedicated to the OS, but time will teach us.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

The new MacBook Pro - Now without any ports at all and non-replaceable double A batteries! Only 2899,99 USD! 

7 hours ago, Bsmith said:

being behind in hardware doesnt matter when CPU's barely change at all. if you look between the 6700 and 4900 series for example the difference is minimal in most tasks.

If we take an 6700K and a 4790K for example they are nearly equal in performance. the age of an CPU says nothing these days.

There is still a difference and with the ridiculously inflated prices that Apple charges there is ZERO excuse for anything less than promptly including current hardware in their computers.

Not to mention that every GPU in a Mac is very weak compared to what is currently available for both desktops and laptops and again given the insanely high cost of Macs there is also ZERO excuse for Apple not putting good GPUs in their computers.  

Especially when Macs are favored for video editing and graphic design work that would benefit from powerful GPUs.

Don't try to make excuses to defend Apple's choice to screw over consumers.  

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

The new MacBook Pro - Now without any ports at all and non-replaceable double A batteries! Only 2899,99 USD! 

You have to love how Apple keeps changing things and adding/removing features because apparently they think they know what their customers want better than the customers do.  ?

They think consumers are supposed to like things like being forced to buy adapters and splitters to add back ports they should've had in the first place.  Because charging people $30-50 USD for something they shouldn't need is being nice? /s

4 hours ago, Bsmith said:

It are reason's to upgrade yes, but Apple isn't the type of company that refreshes their line up with every new cycle if it isn't really needed, currently the only things that are interesting for apple are NVME and USB 3.1/USB C support, but outside that not much. Still curious though to know what they have planned, killing usb A would be a hard move, but not very unlikely, maybe an internal NVME or M.2 drive dedicated to the OS, but time will teach us.

The point is that Apple needs to stop deciding for it's customers what they do or do not want.  For far too long Apple has made poor choices that many people are not happy about like taking the headphone jack off the new iPhone.  It is not Apple's place to tell anyone if there's reason to upgrade.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The point is that Apple needs to stop deciding for it's customers what they do or do not want.  For far too long Apple has made poor choices that many people are not happy about like taking the headphone jack off the new iPhone.  It is not Apple's place to tell anyone if there's reason to upgrade.

That hasn't stopped me from buying their laptops. I have my 2nd macbook pro now (first one was in 2011). I love it. And if you think I'm not "smart" or "don't know whats best for me" , you are wrong. I have a super technical background, and everyone in my field uses macs when they aren't on their cluster.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

6 minutes ago, NeoZeon said:

That hasn't stopped me from buying their laptops. I have my 2nd macbook pro now (first one was in 2011). I love it. And if you think I'm not "smart" or "don't know whats best for me" , you are wrong. I have a super technical background, and everyone in my field uses macs when they aren't on their cluster.

You're free to buy what you like and need but my point is Apple needs to start giving customers a far better value for their money.  Spending as much as around $3000 USD for the highest spec MacBook Pro should get people a current gen CPU and definitely a much better GPU and more ports so they don't have to waste money buying adapters to correct Apple's bs.  

Any other brand that sells laptops with dedicated GPUs has computers with far better GPU options yet somehow manages not to overcharge customers.

Years ago (Spring 2010) when I got a Sager laptop I paid about $2700 if I remember right.  My brother got his first MacBook Pro the best one available at the time.  

My laptop had a first gen i7 extreme edition CPU that I'm pretty sure may have been the top Intel mobile CPU, and a GTX 285M GPU among other very good specs for the money.  My brother's MacBook Pro had a Core 2 Duo and some lesser Nvidia GPU I think that I know had half the VRAM of my 1GB 285M.  Yes I'm aware VRAM isn't the only thing to worry about for GPUs but if it had half as much it was certainly a lesser performing card.  Also I think this was before Apple started putting those retina displays as they call them on their laptops so my brother's MBP didn't even have a 1080p screen like my Sager does.

About the same price for both but my Sager was the better value by a wide margin.  Battery life and an aluminum shell were all the MBP had over my Sager.  But more time away from a wall doesn't help much when you realize it's largely due to weaker components that of course draw less power.  This is likely one reason Apple doesn't stay current with hardware, it's easier to achieve long battery life when you use lower power comments.  The shell of Macs is nice but again a fancy looking wrapper does hide the rotten surprise of a terrible price to performance ratio.

So no I don't think you're stupid I think Apple is for thinking it's doing a good job giving people what they want and for a fair price.

please be something good, i really want a 13/15" macbook 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:57 AM, NinerL said:

I hope we see dedicated NVDIA GPU's, but I doubt it.

They've expressed content with AMD's GPUs so I think not.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

i'm foreseeing many kickstarter projects for a type-c to magsafe-like charging cable...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

22 hours ago, pit5000 said:

i dont mind having no legacy ports but no more magsafe or SD card slot is a disgrace.

Seriously MagSafe is something I wish my windows laptops would have.  This always turns into a point of failure for me.