Gsync On + Vsync On or Off?

Slazyel

Hi Guys,

I just got a Dell S2716DG and i want to know what option is better. Do i make Vsync On or Off in Nvidia Control Panel while Gsync is On?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

V-sync off if you have G-sync on. :D 

As a side note, don't brake while you accelerate your car and let go if the door handle once you want to leave your room. 

That depends. Typically what people want is gsync not producing tear lines and so vsync on in the drivers produces that. However games often do different things with vsync on and off and you want the game to use vsync off so its all on the GPU/monitor to choose how to backpressure. But if you get to the maximum refresh rate then in some games you will get some input latency introduced because the backpressure is stopping the games from advancing to the next frame and the game is measuring input in a weird place, CS gop is a classic example of a game that does this but there are others. Of course we are talking about 6.3ms frames at this point so its not as big latency introduction as at 60hz.

So for the most part I run vsync on in drivers with gsync and off in game. Except in CS:GO where I run ULMB and vsync off.

I found a good solution doing a research, if you guys can confirm:

Use a Fps Limiter, like Rivatuner, and set the FPS to Max 140 if your monitor is 144hz (dont know why not 144, but ok);

Play with Gsync On and Vsync Off and with the Fps limiter = All Win.