Worst medical condition you've ever had?

_JohnB330ci

Sorry to be this goth, but life is the worst medical condition.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

One time I cut my leg with a knife. I was probably around 7-8 years old, and i got by without stitches (small cut.) I've never broken a bone or visited a hospital in my entire life (except for when i was born, of course)

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I tell myself to get contacts and then don't xD

that reminds me, i need to buy another 3 year supply. i'm on my second to last pair of contacts. and i don't want to be stuck with wearing glasses again for another 5 years or more.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I tell myself to get contacts and then don't xD

I went to a contact fitting appt. last week and I just couldn't stick that shit in my eye. I hate wearing glasses so i guess ill just be blind for life.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Doge said:

I went to a contact fitting appt. last week and I just couldn't stick that shit in my eye. I hate wearing glasses so i guess ill just be blind for life.

RIP

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Lord_Doge said:

trust me, when i went to a contact fitting appointment for the first time, i hated it, but when i went home and took them off, it was easy. and eventually over time, it because stupid easy to put them on.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, Lord_Doge said:

Dude when I got contacts a few months ago I was like how the fuck am I going to stick this shit in my eye... a week later I got them in in 5 minutes using only a few trials... In August I can get both of 'em in first shot and have the whole process faster than I can take a piss. Point being just keep trying IT WILL feel weird but if you power through it will be better than looking like a nerd with glasses BUT who I am to speak I am a white dude blond hair blue eye and I look like the least likely person to need glasses so I hide my near nearsightedness with contacts just make sure they're in saline and in your case at night you wouldn't want an eye infection

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

1 minute ago, Savageiste said:

it will be better than looking like a nerd with glasses

The moment when you wish for a disagree button :P

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

The moment when you wish for a disagree button :P

Trust me some may look good with the nerd look... I don't

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

Just now, Savageiste said:

Trust me some may look good with the nerd look... I don't

That's fair

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I was in custody when i felt a sinking sensation on the left side of my chest, i walked to the nearest  guard to ask for permission to go to medical and was denied, after 2 days of harassing the guards and demanding an x-ray they finally gave in and it turns out my left lung was completely collapsed lol 

They called an ambulance right away and took me to hospital, having someone cut into the side of your rib cage not only while you're conscious but also handcuffed to a bed isn't a great experience xD (was a spontaneous pneumothorax btw) 

I cracked my skull open back when I was in... Grade 1?

Still don't remember what happened.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 hours ago, TopDollar said:

Besides that I have hypoactive throidism. Meaning my thyroid doesn't produce an appropriate amount of thyroxin compared to the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone produced by the pituitary gland.

^ This. Awful thing. Who would've thought that a tiny little gland could cause so many problems..

Other than that i've been blind for a few days and that scared the shit out of me. Doctors just said it was hysterical blindness brought on by me getting burned out.

And something called the six week cough. Don't know the scientific name but damn that was a bitch. Coughed enough to dislodge a rib from my sternum.

Anxiety + Panic attacks after i got burned out too. With the added fun of a migraine that made the left side of my body go numb.

Lastly i just have sciatica. Which is tolerable at the moment

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

A broken leg when I was a little baby. Something fell on top of me, don't remember what it was.

Appendicitis in grade school.

And another broken leg, this time the head of the tibia, during a march. Fatigue fracture, I wasn't in shape back then. Bet I could do it easily today.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

An auto-immune disorder. Basically when your immune system sporadically mistakes your own body for a virus or infection and starts to attack itself. Genetic, and not much fun.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

4 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

I was in custody when i felt a sinking sensation on the left side of my chest, i walked to the nearest  guard to ask for permission to go to medical and was denied, after 2 days of harassing the guards and demanding an x-ray they finally gave in and it turns out my left lung was completely collapsed lol 

They called an ambulance right away and took me to hospital, having someone cut into the side of your rib cage not only while you're conscious but also handcuffed to a bed isn't a great experience xD (was a spontaneous pneumothorax btw) 

What were you in custody For? 

- snip-

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

What were you in custody For?

Just because of some stuff relating to business activities, nothing very bad but at the same time not sure its appropriate to go into details :), Ancient history anyway.  I only mentioned that aspect because being denied medical treatment for a couple of days and being handcuffed to the hospital bed would have invited a lot more questions for the sake of context had i not included that information. 

Back in 2010 I fell down about two meters and landed on my head. The fall fractured my skull pretty badly and I had to have a metal plate put in place of the part they couldn't save. 

I was pretty much living in the hospital for a month and I had to go for routine checkups for a year after that. 

Luckily, there was no damge to the brain. As my dad later said "There has to be a brain for that to happen". 

As of right now I have problems with my liver and kidney, both of which are are most likely down to years of substance abuse. 

While my numbers had gotten better at my last checkup, there's stll a long way to go and I'll more than likely never be completly cured. 

If only I knew exactly was wrong. But I have been checked by several doctors and machines and they don't really know what exaclty is wrong.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i am pretty... well, clumsy is the best word i guess. when i was like 7 i hit myself in the back of my head with a short axe because i used the back of it to hammer a nail in some wood.

also, i once rode my bike onto a lantern post and broke my eye socket right under my eyebrow. that was pretty painfull. Only minimal damage to the eye tho :P

Got a fair amount over 25 years of existing, was hypersensitive to sunlight for the first 10ish years,rashes and sunburn within 30 minutes from moderate sun exposure, i still get sunburn rather easy.

broke a leg when i jumped from a table when i was 8 years old.

When i was 13 i started to do competative mtb and road cycling and i have had many crashed over the years, the one in mtbi had most problems with was when i crashed against a tree with my left shoulder at roughly 35 kph and my shoulder popped out of its socket, on the road was a crash at 45-50 kph where i got second degree burns all over  my back, lower right arm and leg. Couldnt do anything intensive for weeks.

Once had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks after beeing bitten by a snake during a vacation in Africa and much more that i am not going to tell.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

12 hours ago, Energycore said:

Sorry to be this goth, but life is the worst medical condition.

One could say that we're all being poisoned to death, it just takes between 70 and 100 years for oxygen to produce enough free radicals to damage and stop tissue growth thus resulting in eventual organ failures and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

One could say that we're all being poisoned to death, it just takes between 70 and 100 years for oxygen to produce enough free radicals to damage and stop tissue growth thus resulting in eventual organ failures and such.

We're all gonna die, man. It's just a matter of time

Computer Specs:

Spoiler