EC2-A or Razer Deathadder Chroma?

Hi! I'm thinking of changing my mouse. My hand's length from the base to the tip of my middle finger is 19cm and my current mouse is a Mionix Naos 8200. It's great and packed with features. The shape is very comfortable to hold and I can actually claw grip it. However, after 6 months of having it, I wish I went with a standard shape.

I bought the Mionix Naos 8200 for 67usd. The Razer Deathadder Chroma costs 70usd while the Zowie EC2-A costs 68usd. There's a used deal going around in my area for the Zowie EC2-A. It's 73usd for the EC2-A plus a Steelseries 4HD Pro Gaming.

I'm hesitating on going for the Zowie because it isn't packed with features like the other two. DPI switching is only limited to 3 steps and I don't like the design too. For that price, I expect more for my money, haha.  

ps I'm also tempted to go all the way and buy the Razer Deathadder Chroma Overwatch edition. It's around 79usd. 
pps Not a fan of LED on everything but come on haha

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

I usually dont like razer products but i love the deathadder. I can recommend it. The overwatch edition is pretty cool also. 

4 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

I usually dont like razer products but i love the deathadder. I can recommend it. The overwatch edition is pretty cool also. 

I'm digging the orange cable and orange design on the sides of the DA OW edition!

Some questions though... How's the click on the deathadder? Is it light and easy to aim while holding down left/right mouse button?

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

EC-a since you don't like LED's

I think I'll really like the buttons on the EC2-A (but I hear the sidebuttons are bad compared to what Mionix offers). Have you tried both the Zowie EC2-A and the Deathadder? Care to share your experience? :)

1 minute ago, Raccatography said:

I'm digging the orange cable and orange design on the sides of the DA OW edition!

Some questions though... How's the click on the deathadder? Is it light and easy to aim while holding down left/right mouse button?

Yeah its pretty easy to aim. It isnt the lightest ever but it isnt heavy either. It was perfect for me.

If you are worried about weight maybe look at the corsair m65

Just now, Paytend01 said:

Yeah its pretty easy to aim. It isnt the lightest ever but it isnt heavy either. It was perfect for me.

Thanks man. I'm having trouble aiming with my humongous Mionix Naos. I think the mouse is too wide for aiming while holding down the right/left button.

2 minutes ago, Raccatography said:

I think I'll really like the buttons on the EC2-A (but I hear the sidebuttons are bad compared to what Mionix offers). Have you tried both the Zowie EC2-A and the Deathadder? Care to share your experience? :)

I have the DAchroma

As a raw mouse without the firmware, its pretty solid

but the software fucks it up so much sometimes, its annoying so go with a raw mouse like the EC

This is the EC1-A but the only difference is the size. EC1-A is very similar size wise to the Deathadder whilst the EC2-A is a bit smaller.

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I have the DAchroma

As a raw mouse without the firmware, its pretty solid

but the software fucks it up so much sometimes, its annoying so go with a raw mouse like the EC

The last time I used a Razer mice was 3 years ago, haha. How does it fuck your gameplay? Does the mouse load weird profiles or change DPI all of a sudden lol

2 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

This is the EC1-A but the only difference is the size. EC1-A is very similar size wise to the Deathadder whilst the EC2-A is a bit smaller.

I love watching this guy's reviews. It's nice to see products from a gamer's perspective. I'm leaning towards the EC2-A cos I have small asian hands. The Deathadder feels mighty comfortable though (not as comfortable as my Mionix Naos). However, if there was a smaller DA I'd pick that instead. 

15 minutes ago, Aytex said:

EC-a since you don't like LED's

Heads up you can disable the LEDs in drivers

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Raccatography said:

The last time I used a Razer mice was 3 years ago, haha. How does it fuck your gameplay? Does the mouse load weird profiles or change DPI all of a sudden lol

I love watching this guy's reviews. It's nice to see products from a gamer's perspective. I'm leaning towards the EC2-A cos I have small asian hands. The Deathadder feels mighty comfortable though (not as comfortable as my Mionix Naos). However, if there was a smaller DA I'd pick that instead. 

I've had multiple synapse problems in which drivers were fucked up in a game Ex. BO3, the mouse would stop receiving/working every time I loaded BO3

I have small anian hands as well and the DA feels great, just go for the EC1 though

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I've had multiple synapse problems in which drivers were fucked up in a game Ex. BO3, the mouse would stop receiving/working every time I loaded BO3

I have small anian hands as well and the DA feels great, just go for the EC1 though

I have pretty big hands and cruise around the world in an Abyssus :)

I do have to say I haven't had problems with synapse. Hmm.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

4 of my friends have DA's and they haven't had problem either but just ugh, i don't really like the DA, zowie all da way lol

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I've had a few before but it didnt break my gameplay so I'm not worried about it!

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

4 of my friends have DA's and they haven't had problem either but just ugh, i don't really like the DA, zowie all da way lol

Man I feel bad for you :( sell and get a Zowie! Haha. As for me, I'm still confused AF cos they're both pretty good mice. Call me naive but I'm turned off by the design of Zowie. I want more for the price. ll probably decide when I'm about to buy. 

2 hours ago, Raccatography said:

Have you considered the Steelseries rival 100 or rival 300?

- snip-

2 hours ago, Aytex said:

Death adders are decent but nothing to write home about. 

- snip-

2 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Have you considered the Steelseries rival 100 or rival 300?

I'm considering the Rival 300 as well but I don't think I'm gonna pick it up. So far, I'm close to committing to the EC2-A. It seems like a perfect match for my hybrid and palm grips. I use hybrid (claw and palm) for gaming and palm for productivity. My hand is 19cm long so I think the EC2-A is the right size too. The mouse is also light which is a plus for me :)

Just now, Raccatography said:

I'm considering the Rival 300 as well but I don't think I'm gonna pick it up. So far, I'm close to committing to the EC2-A. It seems like a perfect match for my hybrid and palm grips. I use hybrid (claw and palm) for gaming and palm for productivity. My hand is 19cm long so I think the EC2-A is the right size too. The mouse is also light which is a plus for me :)

Yeah. I'm currently sitting on an m95. While it fits great for desktop use boy is it uncomfortable for CS.  I grip with my middle finger over the scroll wheel and that means I have to claw even though I'm a Palmer. 

- snip-

On 8/26/2016 at 3:04 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

Yeah. I'm currently sitting on an m95. While it fits great for desktop use boy is it uncomfortable for CS.  I grip with my middle finger over the scroll wheel and that means I have to claw even though I'm a Palmer. 

I see... well I didn't go for a Razer (lol). I went for a Zowie! My grade school classmate was selling his for cheap because his brother gave him the same mouse. My mouse is just a week old and I saved 10 bucks! Made my decision easier phew. The Zowie might not look fancy like the others but damn the build quality is really nice :) One of those things you have to hold first before you can say anything

I have a deathadder, but I bought the EC2A to upgrade, but I ended up keeping the deathadder because I was thinking there would be a new version of the EC2A early 2017 or something. The cable of the EC2A is amazing, it never gets in your way unlike the deathadder. For the EC2A there is no software which is awesome IMO, and it has a very STABLE 1000hz polling rate, where as only some deathadders have stable 1000hz polling rates. Honestly the EC2A is better imo, however if you are comparing it to the deathadder you should go for the EC1A is similar in size to the deathadder. 

One thing the deathadder does better imo, is that it is better for non-FPS games.

5 hours ago, Raccatography said:

I see... well I didn't go for a Razer (lol). I went for a Zowie! My grade school classmate was selling his for cheap because his brother gave him the same mouse. My mouse is just a week old and I saved 10 bucks! Made my decision easier phew. The Zowie might not look fancy like the others but damn the build quality is really nice :) One of those things you have to hold first before you can say anything

Yeah. Ive noticed similar. Holding the deathadder feels eh, while holding a rival 300 is like " Jayses how does it feel so solid but still be so light."

- snip-

13 hours ago, SauronsV said:

I have a deathadder, but I bought the EC2A to upgrade, but I ended up keeping the deathadder because I was thinking there would be a new version of the EC2A early 2017 or something. The cable of the EC2A is amazing, it never gets in your way unlike the deathadder. For the EC2A there is no software which is awesome IMO, and it has a very STABLE 1000hz polling rate, where as only some deathadders have stable 1000hz polling rates. Honestly the EC2A is better imo, however if you are comparing it to the deathadder you should go for the EC1A is similar in size to the deathadder. 

One thing the deathadder does better imo, is that it is better for non-FPS games.

I'm fine with this version. The sidebuttons are eh but good enough. This mouse isn't the best for productivity though and that makes me want to keep my Mionix Naos, haha

11 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Yeah. Ive noticed similar. Holding the deathadder feels eh, while holding a rival 300 is like " Jayses how does it feel so solid but still be so light."

Exactly!!! Easier to grip than a wide mouse like the Mionix Naos