Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

10 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

Cheers lads,

BJ 

Thanks for your effort, atleast now we can try new things, still your theories dont explain why it was such a sudden change without reason.

5 hours ago, can0753 said:

if a reward is given to the person who solves this problem, it attracts the attention of many.

Yea but where would you post that and how much would it take to attract some serious experts.

Hello everyone, I just made an account a few days ago and was about to make a thread regarding my problem but then I saw this one. I was reading the first couple of pages and then jumped at around page 80 and reading until the last. Its good to share the pain :|

So, here goes what my issue is. Image is blurry, washed out and lifeless, especially in games, internet videos, movies. Even if youtube videos look really bad, gameplay still looks better than when I'm playing. For example when playing Apex Legends and intense things are happening on screen I can't follow whats happening and I just start shooting blindly. Also my PS4 looks kinda the same. I called multiple people to confirm that I'm not crazy.

Things I tried so far:

- Changed 6 Full HD monitors (x2 TN Asus 144hz, x1 TN Benq 144hz, x1 TN ViewSonic, x1 PLS Samsung 60hz, x1 IPS Samsung 60hz) also tried my Samsung Smart TV
- Countless settings for brightness, contrast, color vibrance, etc.
- ICC monitor profiles for every monitor 

- Installed 4 versions of windows
- Installed many versions of GPU drivers

- Tried GPU on another PC

- Tested the PC on someone else's house

Here are my specs: MOBO: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 192-bit, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit, HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB, SSD Patriot Burst 240GB SATA-III (for operating system) and a Seasonic Focus+, 80+ Gold, 650W for my power supply. I bought the system 3 months ago. Payed for a diagnostic service from the company that made my pc and they said the GPU is fine but idk about that.

Here is a captured gameplay video: Apex Legends .On my channel you can also find one more Shadow Of War and Metro Exodus with no sound for faster upload, ignore the other things. Let me know what you guys think, not sure its worth posting another thread.

26 minutes ago, Darker17 said:

Hello everyone, I just made an account a few days ago and was about to make a thread regarding my problem but then I saw this one. I was reading the first couple of pages and then jumped at around page 80 and reading until the last. Its good to share the pain :|

So, here goes what my issue is. Image is blurry, washed out and lifeless, especially in games, internet videos, movies. Even if youtube videos look really bad, gameplay still looks better than when I'm playing. For example when playing Apex Legends and intense things are happening on screen I can't follow whats happening and I just start shooting blindly. Also my PS4 looks kinda the same. I called multiple people to confirm that I'm not crazy.

Things I tried so far:

- Changed 6 Full HD monitors (x2 TN Asus 144hz, x1 TN Benq 144hz, x1 TN ViewSonic, x1 PLS Samsung 60hz, x1 IPS Samsung 60hz) also tried my Samsung Smart TV
- Countless settings for brightness, contrast, color vibrance, etc.
- ICC monitor profiles for every monitor 

- Installed 4 versions of windows
- Installed many versions of GPU drivers

- Tried GPU on another PC

- Tested the PC on someone else's house

Here are my specs: MOBO: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 192-bit, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit, HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB, SSD Patriot Burst 240GB SATA-III (for operating system) and a Seasonic Focus+, 80+ Gold, 650W for my power supply. I bought the system 3 months ago. Payed for a diagnostic service from the company that made my pc and they said the GPU is fine but idk about that.

Here is a captured gameplay video: Apex Legends .On my channel you can also find one more Shadow Of War and Metro Exodus with no sound for faster upload, ignore the other things. Let me know what you guys think, not sure its worth posting another thread.

Its allways worth to make another thread, that way it will be found more often via google, means more people will notice there is an issue.

3 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Yea but where would you post that and how much would it take to attract some serious experts.

We need to hire some Nvidia technician for the money. That's probably the only way to get their attention.  But how and where to find them, I have no idea.

In any case, I have bunch of unused games from Humble Monthly such as Kingdom Come: Deliverance,  Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Assassin's Creed® Origins, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Collector's Edition and many others and would gladly give them all to a person who gives me a working solution to this problem.

16 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Hey all, its me again, I have good news and bad news.

The Good: I can now play Minecraft at 1440p 500 fps and absolutely merk my little sister and her friends in in sky wars.

The Bad: Exactly the same problem, despite all my preparation.  I got my new rig, built it, SET UP A SEPERATE BREAKER IN MY HOUSE OFF OF A GENARATOR and through a power filter and had my father, an electrician of 20 years, check it.  Power theory is out.  I never once connected my pc to the internet, downloaded origin and drivers to a flash drive and copied them to the system.  I also set up a HARDWARE FIREWALL! No luck, so as far as I'm concerned, virus theory is out.  The top theories I have based on the evidence are the following:

A. The new versions of graphical drivers are not communicating properly with VRAM/RAM

B. Manufacturers are doing this on purpose to boost FPS numbers and boast "4K Compatible" and "VR Ready" on potato machines.

C. Game engines are becoming dated and are simply not as compatible as they used to be with new hardware

Of the above, my money is on C, and as such, I will buy COD MW, built on a brand new engine to test this theory.  I haven't given up yet, but for now, I just wanna enjoy my new pc.  If anyone has any idea why my post times are 20+ seconds pls let me know, I have an NVMe and everything, windows boots in 2 seconds, but POST is soooo long.

Cheers lads,

BJ 

Couple things here,  I don’t believe any of those theories at all,  Games should not look like garbage period!

Thanks for the testing though,  even if nothing came of it.

I also got a question,  your system had to have had windows 10 installed and once it is it always asks to look for updates...  Did you do any of this?

It blows my mind as to what’s happening here but what it definitely is NOT is normal... .. .

I’ll give $1,000 dollars to ANYONE who can not only fix this issue but show why it’s happening..  

There,  Hows that!?!

@I_dont_know200

Ok, I will post it the following days.

God damn, its been 3 months since I struggled with this thing, playing games on PC feels like a distant dream...at least I have my Nintendo Switch that is not affect by any of this  s**t. Can't imagine how people endured way more time than me. Also, I'm curious what you guys think of how the video i posted looks (I think the Metro Exodus one is the worst).

2 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

I’ll give $1,000 dollars to ANYONE who can not only fix this issue but show why it’s happening..  

There,  Hows that!?!

All who has this issue should contribute to the "grand prize". You - 1000$. Me - several AAA games. Winner (person who solves the problem) gets everything. I think that's the only way we could attract at least some attention.

Anyone knows a journalist at BBC or CNN? 

1 hour ago, Asasinas said:

All who has this issue should contribute to the "grand prize". You - 1000$. Me - several AAA games. Winner (person who solves the problem) gets everything. I think that's the only way we could attract at least some attention.

For a reliable solution that works permanently and explains why, i would pay a few hundred euros no problem, i just want to understand this seriously, i want to know how this is possible.

Honestly maybe this isnt such a bad idea we could pool together and go public, i just dont know where and ofcourse we only would pay after thorough proof and a few weeks of testing.

3 hours ago, Darker17 said:

@I_dont_know200

Ok, I will post it the following days.

God damn, its been 3 months since I struggled with this thing, playing games on PC feels like a distant dream...at least I have my Nintendo Switch that is not affect by any of this  s**t. Can't imagine how people endured way more time than me. Also, I'm curious what you guys think of how the video i posted looks (I think the Metro Exodus one is the worst).

I know how you feel, link this forum aswell so we can get people together here.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, Asasinas said:

There an Nvidia Office at AT&T Bell Labs, if you don't know what or where that is google it. I go there pretty often.  I wonder how much trouble id get in for walking in? I just want to speak to a person.

41 minutes ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

EVERYONE

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LETTER, SIGN, AND SUGGEST EDITS!  THIS LETTER IS GOING UNDER NVIDIAS DOOR TUESDAY!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JEaKo6Ludnhg7gBYPC9xH-2JlFi2_P5E/edit

Very well written letter, how about adding a petition since many of us are from the EU.

15 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Very well written letter, how about adding a petition since many of us are from the EU.

Of course, how would you go about doing that?

6 hours ago, TotallyNotYaBoi said:

Of course, how would you go about doing that?

Aren't there alot of sites where you can just start one, maybe we get support on other forums aswell, if we show gameplay.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:55 AM, Harsh45 said:

As to if this is true or not I do t know.  He said once he deleted the entire section on the class tab of Regedit and imported his first code (whatever the first code is) fixed 80% of the issues..  For one you would need to reinstall new drivers unless windows 10 automatically reinstalled them,  probably the former.  I think this guy may have had a bad driver and that’s it,  nothing outlandish like what I have,  I mean all the newly built PCs I’ve made along with a few company bought ones and the latest one being a laptop,  I just don’t see a driver being the issue,  I mean you think it would be more widespread if that were the case,  I don’t know..

I could try deleting some regedit like this guy on one of my rigs,  can just reset it if things go awry...

if you get anywhere when trying to delete some of the regedit could you please keep me posted, i really think this could lead to something but idk.

21 minutes ago, d0L_0b said:

if you get anywhere when trying to delete some of the regedit could you please keep me posted, i really think this could lead to something but idk.

I formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows, and it still did't help.

1 hour ago, DaoNayt said:

I formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows, and it still did't help.

Which in my opinion rules out any software reason, but hey you never know for sure.

It could still be software, but not driver related, as this issues is so widespread and not just isolated to computers.  Consoles, Phones, even some mobile consoles like the PS VITA, (Yes I own one,) have the potential to suffer from this issue. 

8 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Mind to elaborate that a bit, since we dont speak that language and i guess you know how translators are.

writes that the mining virus is related

GPU’s can get viruses more less placed there by others but it’s very uncommon and highly unlikely,  and in our case I would say this is not an issue,  I’ve gone through countless new GPUs and I won’t list them all to bore you with...