Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Noticed something interesting. When I watch videos in Firefox and Opera, they look terrible, with shimmering and aliasing patterns, just like the games. When I watch in Edge, they look nice and smooth. WTH

Capture.PNG

Screenshot_2019-09-17 Here's Why the Jaguar XJ220 Is the Craziest 1990s Supercar - YouTube.png

i think it looks similar ( not exactly but..) with bad green screen shimmering. (you can see it if you look carefully any twitch or youtube streamers green screen. their hairs or body's edges shimmering too). what do you guys think about that.

9 hours ago, acisheree said:

i think it looks similar ( not exactly but..) with bad green screen shimmering. (you can see it if you look carefully any twitch or youtube streamers green screen. their hairs or body's edges shimmering too). what do you guys think about that.

Actually what you describe in terms of twitch and the greenscreen i am relativ sure thats normal and just bad implemented.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:10 PM, Meeseeks said:

There are only 2 possibilities Electricity or Environment. 

How do you know? So far nobody here was able to proof anything (atleast not in a well documented form), i have a suggestion for you guys how about we start to seriously try to debunk one thing after the next and not just speculate all the time, that won't go anywhere i mean look at the size of this thread and we know exactly as much as before....

22 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

How do you know? So far nobody here was able to proof anything (atleast not in a well documented form), i have a suggestion for you guys how about we start to seriously try to debunk one thing after the next and not just speculate all the time, that won't go anywhere i mean look at the size of this thread and we know exactly as much as before....

What else could it be that can affect bios logo and OS(video playback in windows and overall bad image quality)? What else can affect consoles and phones? Speculation is saying that it's Directx or Z-Fighting without knowing that these things can't affect outside of games. I am talking with what i have observed after moving to the new house/city and please look at the symptoms i have posted before. Do those symptoms look to you what software can cause? If it's software surely you can refresh it by reinstalling windows or formatting drives.

1 hour ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Actually what you describe in terms of twitch and the greenscreen i am relativ sure thats normal and just bad implemented.

Watch this. start from 03.10.00. 

come on. i know it too. i did not say it is same issue with ours. i said similar. it can help to generate ideas about what the problem is. we need everything we can find.

3 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

What else could it be that can affect bios logo and OS(video playback in windows and overall bad image quality)? What else can affect consoles and phones? Speculation is saying that it's Directx or Z-Fighting without knowing that these things can't affect outside of games. I am talking with what i have observed after moving to the new house/city and please look at the symptoms i have posted before. Do those symptoms look to you what software can cause? If it's software surely you can refresh it by reinstalling windows or formatting drives.

Never said its software, just that electricity doesnt make any sense aswell since it doesnt affect graphics rendering like this.

We shouldn't connect everything with this issue though that would strip the last bit of creditability from us lol, if you wan't to help try to debunk the most prevelent theories we got now, which is electricity and interferences both can be evaluated with the right equipment.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this problem started in me 2 and a half years ago, it happened as follows, a friend had this problem but I didn't have it yet then I used another monitor but the same computer after a while the monitor that I used it, it burned suddenly but I did not have this problem with the pixels, even though we did not have the maximum settings in games and only used the resolution of 1080x1920 still these pixels did not appear flickering, after I changed the monitor with a gaming one 1ms 144hz etc everything looks how can it be good because the old monitor was a bit smaller but was doing its job, after 3 days my friend who had the problem asked me if I could come with the new monitor to check if something changes in case if the problem was really the monitor, after mounting the monitor to his computer I turned on everything and tested a game I noticed that nothing changed for him the pixels that flicked were still there ... then I went home and I held the monitor back, and suddenly the logo of the monitor seemed a bit pixelated but I did not realize the moment after I tried to play something with the new monitor, I tried CS GO and GTA V and a few other games besides, actually I was watching the monitor and I realized that the problem came to me as well, it all seems as though the resolution was not the same even if it was still 1080p all the games flickered very bad no matter if I tried 4k or any method of removing the pixels that flickered nothing changed MSAA , TAA .... etc nothing changes
Since then I still ask myself this thing is transmitted through Electricity and remains permanently in components .... because I did not do any driver update then I just did this gap in trying my monitor on someone with this problem. .
To me, this problem seems to be only because of Electricity because it has been shown since then on TV and on the phone and on the console.

I think this is the problem and even if someone checks Electricity in the house to see if it is working properly or not and even if it is not working properly and that person fixes the problem, I do not think something will change in the case of our problem because this strange symptom has appeared from nowhere, and it seems to remain in components as well as in electricity, so practically if you buy a new video card or a new PC you will have the same problem.
If that is how all this works after my opinion ...

Have a good day / evening everyone.

18 hours ago, CheinainXD said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this problem started in me 2 and a half years ago, it happened as follows, a friend had this problem but I didn't have it yet then I used another monitor but the same computer after a while the monitor that I used it, it burned suddenly but I did not have this problem with the pixels, even though we did not have the maximum settings in games and only used the resolution of 1080x1920 still these pixels did not appear flickering, after I changed the monitor with a gaming one 1ms 144hz etc everything looks how can it be good because the old monitor was a bit smaller but was doing its job, after 3 days my friend who had the problem asked me if I could come with the new monitor to check if something changes in case if the problem was really the monitor, after mounting the monitor to his computer I turned on everything and tested a game I noticed that nothing changed for him the pixels that flicked were still there ... then I went home and I held the monitor back, and suddenly the logo of the monitor seemed a bit pixelated but I did not realize the moment after I tried to play something with the new monitor, I tried CS GO and GTA V and a few other games besides, actually I was watching the monitor and I realized that the problem came to me as well, it all seems as though the resolution was not the same even if it was still 1080p all the games flickered very bad no matter if I tried 4k or any method of removing the pixels that flickered nothing changed MSAA , TAA .... etc nothing changes
Since then I still ask myself this thing is transmitted through Electricity and remains permanently in components .... because I did not do any driver update then I just did this gap in trying my monitor on someone with this problem. .
To me, this problem seems to be only because of Electricity because it has been shown since then on TV and on the phone and on the console.

I think this is the problem and even if someone checks Electricity in the house to see if it is working properly or not and even if it is not working properly and that person fixes the problem, I do not think something will change in the case of our problem because this strange symptom has appeared from nowhere, and it seems to remain in components as well as in electricity, so practically if you buy a new video card or a new PC you will have the same problem.
If that is how all this works after my opinion ...

Have a good day / evening everyone.

There is no such thing as a "virus" transmitted over electricity, thats simply not how this works, else all data of said program would be erased after complete power drainage.

Aswell imagine such a genius program going unnoticed for 10 years lol, and whats the purpose of it.

In case you ment harmfull electricity many people seem to agree (yes that includes IT-Techs and Electricians) that such precise issues can't be caused on so many devices with completly different hardware, atleast thats the information i was able to gather from various people.

To add to all that we had someone on this forum that bought a new PC and didnt use the normal grid instead a generator with his own breaker and even a UPS all that was supervised by an electrician, guess what he still had it....

Looks like some AA methods, such as FXAA and SMAA, doesn't work AT ALL. Basically there is ZERO difference between AA on and off in my most favourite game, Destiny 2. There are massive jaggies all the time :(

Our problem is not Z-fighting. Like I_dont_know200 said, we shouldn't associate every single issue with our problem. And that green stuff you see on Twitch also not a problem.

I do understand that Z-fighting could happen here and there but not on every f*cking single texture in the game, both near and distant, like in my case.

I don't think we can do anything else. Over almost 100 pages we discussed and tried absolutely everything. Changed builds, tested electricity, reinstalled OS... I just don't know. Unless some clever person shows up and tell us some new things we haven't tried yet.

I think it's worth to wait for 2 things:

1.) Google Stadia, so we will be able to further confirm or deny that the issue is from our side

2.) Next gen of Nvidia video cards, which should arrive around summer next year. Since my issue was triggered once I installed RTX 2080 Ti, maybe new, more efficient, new architecture GPU will fix it (or maybe not, who knows).

15 minutes ago, Asasinas said:

Looks like some AA methods, such as FXAA and SMAA, doesn't work AT ALL. Basically there is ZERO difference between AA on or off in Destiny 2, there are massive jaggies all the time :(

Our problem is not Z-fighting. Like I_dont_know200 said, we shouldn't associate every single issue with our problem. And that green stuff you see on Twitch also not a problem.

I do understand that Z-fighting could happen here and there but not on every f*ucking single texture in the game, both near and distant, like in my case.

I don't think we can do anything else. Over almost 100 pages we discussed and tried absolutely everything. Changed builds, tested electricity, reinstalled OS... I just don't know. Unless some clever person shows up and tell us some new things we haven't tried yet.

I think it's worth to wait for 2 things:

1.) Google Stadia, so we will be able to further confirm or deny that the issue is from our side

2.) Next gen of Nvidia video cards, which should arrive around summer next year. Since my issue was triggered once I installed RTX 2080 Ti, maybe new, more efficient, new architecture GPU will fix it (or maybe not, who knows).

1.) That allready has been tried with a different service (you can guess the result), since stadia is basically the same concept there won't be any difference.

2.) RTX is the new architecture, Turing cards if i remember correctly.

Sry if i sound a bit mad but i really am, this issue drains alot of energy since i just dont seem to be able to understand whats going on....

On 9/19/2019 at 4:05 AM, I_dont_know200 said:

Never said its software, just that electricity doesnt make any sense aswell since it doesnt affect graphics rendering like this.

I wouldn't say that graphics rendering can't be affected by electricity. What does graphics rendering depend upon. Power i.e. Electricity. How can something wrong in electricity not able to affect rendering when rendering depends upon power? I know some software experts were implying that electricity can't affect rendering but that does not mean that they understand our issue completely. That's why i suggested for them to visit someone's house near them with this issue. They don't even believe us. I don't know why are you taking their opinion on this. First get them to experience this issue, then you will see their opinion changing.

31 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

I wouldn't say that graphics rendering can't be affected by electricity. What does graphics rendering depend upon. Power i.e. Electricity. How can something wrong in electricity not able to affect rendering when rendering depends upon power? I know some software experts were implying that electricity can't affect rendering but that does not mean that they understand our issue completely. That's why i suggested for them to visit someone's house near them with this issue. They don't even believe us. I don't know why are you taking their opinion on this. First get them to experience this issue, then you will see their opinion changing.

Its simply because electricity can only effect rendering in certain ways for example stuttering, not one told me that electricity can cause such specific issues on different hardware.

Also we had a guy that did try a generator, how can that be possible.

1 hour ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Its simply because electricity can only effect rendering in certain ways for example stuttering, not one told me that electricity can cause such specific issues on different hardware.

Also we had a guy that did try a generator, how can that be possible.

When i moved in this house/city, first thing i noticed was stuttering. Other symptoms came along with that. I got rid of that stuttering by removing some background programs but those same background programs i ran in my old house/city few days ago without any issue. Something was causing my PC to act as it was having low power condition. You can see my old posts in this same forum how i experienced stutter along with issue where some of my gpu/casing fans stopped working. 

According to this article your graphics card is the first component that will show symptoms of low power and will cause downgrade in graphics:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/signs-symptoms-computer-not-receiving-enough-power-74039.html

But if we don't believe this to be true what other options do we have except software. How can someone explain software to be the cause of this issue when we all know very well that it can't affect Bios logo or Consoles, phones etc. 

18 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

When i moved in this house/city, first thing i noticed was stuttering. Other symptoms came along with that. I got rid of that stuttering by removing some background programs but those same background programs i ran in my old house/city few days ago without any issue. Something was causing my PC to act as it was having low power condition. You can see my old posts in this same forum how i experienced stutter along with issue where some of my gpu/casing fans stopped working. 

According to this article your graphics card is the first component that will show symptoms of low power and will cause downgrade in graphics:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/signs-symptoms-computer-not-receiving-enough-power-74039.html

But if we don't believe this to be true what other options do we have except software. How can someone explain software to be the cause of this issue when we all know very well that it can't affect Bios logo or Consoles, phones etc. 

We only have people telling different stories, all which contradict eachother.

Thats what makes this problem so difficult to solve we dont get coherent awnsers, since everyone seems to have a differnt reason why this happens, until we can nail it down to something we wont make any progress.

48 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

We only have people telling different stories, all which contradict eachother.

Thats what makes this problem so difficult to solve we dont get coherent awnsers, since everyone seems to have a differnt reason why this happens, until we can nail it down to something we wont make any progress.

Look at how the same issue started for him with stutter, coil whine etc: 

I know not everyone here has this issue started for them with stutter but that does not prove your point of different stories. We have enough evidence to say for sure that it's not software. We will progress just we need to analyse symptoms with more care. 

I didn't have stutter. I don't have it now either. Witcher 3 runs at a perfectly smooth 60 fps on ultra settings. It just looks shimmery.

That's because you might not be running any heavy background software or you might have different CPU etc. As i have said i got rid of these stutters by removing logitech mouse software and other software from background. As mentioned by TotllyNotYaBoi that CPU usage is increased for him. The exactly same thing happened to me right after moving to the new house/city. My CPU usage got to 100% in the new house/city while playing GTA V. Which i was playing in my old house/city with same background softwares without any issue few days before moving. First i thought that it might be the logitech software but now it all make sense. 

13 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Look at how the same issue started for him with stutter, coil whine etc: 

I know not everyone here has this issue started for them with stutter but that does not prove your point of different stories. We have enough evidence to say for sure that it's not software. We will progress just we need to analyse symptoms with more care. 

If you want to call that evidence sure, we have far more evidence that it isnt electricity though. But hey you can go ahead and proof its electricity i would be very interssted in how you do that.

Afterall not even a UPS helps with this which is designed to fix issues like that.

I dont think its software related either, in my opinion we have a unkown issue here not related to any of those factors, if it where we would have noticed improvements or atleast changes.

9 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

If you want to call that evidence sure, we have far more evidence that it isnt electricity though. But hey you can go ahead and proof its electricity i would be very interssted in how you do that.

Afterall not even a UPS helps with this which is designed to fix issues like that.

If you think it's not Electricity or Interference or Software. What else do we have left. Please make up your mind. Because if it's not these 3 I don't know what you will believe to be the cause. 

Btw ups is not designed to fix all problems in electricity. Read this:

https://www.apc.com/salestools/VAVR-5WKLPK/VAVR-5WKLPK_R1_EN.pdf