Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

1 hour ago, GreyestGoat said:

Looks excellent.

Are you seeing the dancing shadows?

37 minutes ago, Methos27 said:

Yes, i will see if it happens on my system.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

8 hours ago, ixDriger said:

In my old village the electricity was very very bad and there was no problem with my old  pc

here in my current city

the electricity is nice and i am facing this problem with my new pc

so SURE it is not the electricity 

We ARE not sure if is the electricity problem here without a proper testing, our without a like some guy here posted a video about Greenwawe dirty power.

So don't exclude nothing!

Other people who don't have problem please don't ensure people that is nothing wrong with graphics. 

16 hours ago, ixDriger said:

In my old village the electricity was very very bad and there was no problem with my old  pc

here in my current city

the electricity is nice and i am facing this problem with my new pc

so SURE it is not the electricity 

Do you have advanced testing equipment? If not advanced testing equipment then at least an Oscilloscope? Do you know what type of issues exist in Electricity? How can you say in your village electricity is very very bad? Do you have any testing equipment at all. Are these guys lying about moving to another place/city and fixing this issue? Do you think i am lying that i got it after moving to this new city? I lived in my old city for more than five years and as soon as i moved to this new city it started appearing in all my audio/video devices. Maybe your village and city has same power grid. Maybe your method of analyzing this issue was wrong. Maybe you did not realize that your village was also started getting this issue at the same time. Maybe your PC is past the recovery stage. There can be many such reasons. But please don't jump to conclusion immediately that it's not Electricity. 

The fact that people still think it's software is mindboggling to me. Even after explaining to them that a software that can affect bios screen, Consoles, Phones, even TVs at the same time and with varying intensities does not exist.

If they have any knowledge about how software interacts with hardware and as soon as i say that it's happening in my TV, Console, phone, PC (even in bios screen) etc in my house and with varying intensities. They should immediately discard the idea that it's software. The only thing that can cause these symptoms and in a way that we are experiencing them is Electricty. But too bad that they don't realize this basic idea.

11 hours ago, Methos27 said:

Well here you are, it looks worse for me, you seem to have either AA applied or are using a higher resolution to downsample the game which is better than what my image looks like.

Older games looked like this and is normal. These games were console ports from XBOX 360, this game especially has literally no configurable visual options in game.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

3200x1800 with full screen AA (very taxing)

Normal visuals with no configurable options for shadows at all.

I speak with my microphone, should be audiable in the video.

I can't hear myself over the game audio, essentially you are seeing LOD pop in with shadows in this game which is normal, it is tailored to XBOX 360 hardware and no options to change it in game, shipped like this.

2 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Do you have advanced testing equipment? If not advanced testing equipment then at least an Oscilloscope? Do you know what type of issues exist in Electricity? How can you say in your village electricity is very very bad? Do you have any testing equipment at all. Are these guys lying about moving to another place/city and fixing this issue? Do you think i am lying that i got it after moving to this new city? I lived in my old city for more than five years and as soon as i moved to this new city it started appearing in all my audio/video devices. Maybe your village and city has same power grid. Maybe your method of analyzing this issue was wrong. Maybe you did not realize that your village was also started getting this issue at the same time. Maybe your PC is past the recovery stage. There can be many such reasons. But please don't jump to conclusion immediately that it's not Electricity. 

The fact that people still think it's software is mindboggling to me. Even after explaining to them that a software that can affect bios screen, Consoles, Phones, even TVs at the same time and with varying intensities does not exist.

If they have any knowledge about how software interacts with hardware and as soon as i say that it's happening in my TV, Console, phone, PC (even in bios screen) etc in my house and with varying intensities. They should immediately discard the idea that it's software. The only thing that can cause these symptoms and in a way that we are experiencing them is Electricty. But too bad that they don't realize this basic idea.

Let them to belive in what they want to belive.There is no hope to find a fix on this forum. 

There is another "troll" who assure other people that is nothing wrong with our PC but he excluded other problems like low draw distance, object pop ups etc like we are idiots who don't know to change graphics settings in game our in Nvidia/Amd control pannel.

Because of this people we have 129. pages of this topic.

Before this issue Arma 3 looked good now I have jagged lines on textures, low draw distance and shimmering on objects too.

P.S Leave this forum if you want to save your nerves go to the Discord where are people who have this problems and who belive that this isnt normal how games look in 21. century.

I just fired up a bunch of random games at varying resolutions...

I see rendering issues in them all but i also have high AA and running most games at 3200x1800 or above, for example World War Z is on Ultra at 3200x1800.

Skyrim has crappy shadows even in the updated version.

Dark Souls remastered looks awesome.

Dirt 3 was a Pc centrixc release and not an XBOX 360 port.

World War Z is a fully fleshed out horde zombie shooter survival game with excellent PC optimization.

If people could show me more games where they have prominent issues, if i own them i will install them and run them, i have gamed on PC for over 10 years and am accustomed to most rendering issues.

9 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

I see rendering issues in them all but i also have high AA and running most games at 3200x1800 or above, for example World War Z is on Ultra at 3200x1800.

World War Z is a fully fleshed out horde zombie shooter survival game with excellent PC optimization.

If people could show me more games where they have prominent issues, if i own them i will install them and run them, i have gamed on PC for over 10 years and am accustomed to most rendering issues.

Look how Dragons Dogma and GTA 5 look on my PC.

I know that Dragons Dogma is ported game to PC but look how look's on this video: 

P.S Set up the videos on higest quality to see cleary how bad is image quality on my PC.

There was people this topic that assured other that is nothing wrong with image quality in games, like we don't know how to set up in game graphics settings and also in Nvidia/Amd control panel.

I'm so gladly that you are not that type of people.

I will also soon take a video from Arma 3 to show a jagged edges, pop ups and shimering textures on Arma 3.

Here is a ARMA 3 video clip.

Sorry for no audio and lag on the clip I have used VLC to capture a clip. On 2:10 you can see a graphics setting that I use for the game, everything is maxed out.

13 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

Well here you are, it looks worse for me, you seem to have either AA applied or are using a higher resolution to downsample the game which is better than what my image looks like.

Older games looked like this and is normal. These games were console ports from XBOX 360, this game especially has literally no configurable visual options in game.

I am using native resolution with everything maxed out.

19 minutes ago, Strider890 said:

Here is a ARMA 3 video clip.

Sorry for no audio and lag on the clip I have used VLC to capture a clip. On 2:10 you can see a graphics setting that I use for the game, everything is maxed out.

The distance issue is also present in Battlefield 3 & 4 and is the Z-buffer not being utilized for texture stability.

The Playstation 1 also had this issue because it has no Z-buffer at all.

12 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

On other YouTube clips about ARMA 3, ARMA 3 looks good without this crap that I have on my PC.

I forgot to add that on old mine PC Arma 3 and other games looked good too.

I've tried Fallout 76 few days ago and it has a lot of jaggies, shimmering and flickering on a lot of surfaces. Weapons looks especially horrible. There is no AA option in game settings, but as far as I know it uses TAA, which, just like all the other AA methods, doesn't work for me.

8 hours ago, Strider890 said:

On other YouTube clips about ARMA 3, ARMA 3 looks good without this crap that I have on my PC.

Still after so many pages people still dont understand that youtube videos will look great ALWAYS, no matter what. Im amazed that people keep debating about this. Unless it is an UNCOMPRESSED youtube video (and you will find only a bunch of them if any at all) you are not going to notice most issues we have been discussing for ages in this thread. But you people love to go in circles. Its amazing. Specially you strider, i mean, you are so clueless that is ridiculous. But you still go in circles debating about the same things over and over again, you love it. Worst thing is, people actually pay attention to your comments, so this thread is going to keep going around forever..

21 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

The more resolution you use, the less noticeable problems like bad AA and specially shimmering are going to be. At 3200x1800, those issues will be almost non existent to the human eye. You need to run the games at standard resolutions 1920x1080. More than that, its not a good point of analysis. Also, shadow problems and other issues have nothing to do with resolution.

Also, it doesnt matter how high is your AA setting. As long as it is not TAA or TXAA, you will always see shimmering and bad aliasing in every single game that runs under DX11-DX12, vulkan or whatever. Unless again, you using a extreme resolution like 3200x1800, where the issues are still going to be there, but you are almost not going to be able to see em.

I play games every day, now with the covid thing i install maybe two or three games every day. Most of them have problems. Bad aliasing and shimmering all of them, unless they use , as i said TAA or TXAA. Shadows look like crap in many of them. Not in all of them, but in most. At this point i really dont care since it is not something that again, we are going to be able to fix not now, not ever. Because this gaming generation is ok with playing games with crapy graphics. Well, they dont know anything else, so its understandable. Ive been playing videogames for more than 25 years already. Its amazing how graphics have degraded in this past decade. Amazing.Of course im not going to buy a single videogame ever again until i see something is done to fix all of this, and of course im not going to waste a single dime on an expensive videocard or screen ever again. I bought my last pc about six months ago, and its going to be the last. Im done.

YouTube compresses videos and perhaps puts some of its own processing filters for games and the details might not be present in original form. Uploading a few game videos I know that your videos will be processed and most of the aliasing effects will be dealt with to make videos look beautiful, although it can't blur everything it does blur most of it and it might look like a compression artifact where heavy aliasing are hidden away due to processing from YouTube. YouTube videos are not raw videos

This is a real issue and a terrible one. I personally experienced it after I was infected by a nasty malware or bunch of them. I formatted my 😄 drive and reinstalled windows on it. Then my pc became operable but simple tasks like watching videos in full screen or just trying to open a game crashed the pc to reboot immediately. Then I deleted all the drives , created new partitions and formatted them, using the windows cd . And after that I could play videos in full screen and open games and play them. That's when I first noticed the jagged edges and all sorts of artifacts that were never there before. Then I could clearly see it was just my computer. Others' didn't have it. But as soon as I shared something with them like a usb disk or even CDs it would affect their system as well. And then there was no going back. First I thought it was only PCs. But later I found that even mobile devices that came in contact with the affected system started to show same effects. So I thought it must be some low level malware stuff. The only question is "how it can seamlessly transfer from system to system and to a completely new system?" I would assume most of the network devices are same no matter how many new devices you buy. Whatever it is, it is taxing to the system. I might be right , I might be wrong, but we must get to the root of this problem, we must figure it out. We must not give up. And we need more people with the issue to come together and make this issue heard. And I don't mean only here at linustechtips. We need to draw more attention of the people who can actually fix it.

2 hours ago, rajl said:

This is a real issue and a terrible one. I personally experienced it after I was infected by a nasty malware or bunch of them. I formatted my 😄 drive and reinstalled windows on it. Then my pc became operable but simple tasks like watching videos in full screen or just trying to open a game crashed the pc to reboot immediately. Then I deleted all the drives , created new partitions and formatted them, using the windows cd . And after that I could play videos in full screen and open games and play them. That's when I first noticed the jagged edges and all sorts of artifacts that were never there before. Then I could clearly see it was just my computer. Others' didn't have it. But as soon as I shared something with them like a usb disk or even CDs it would affect their system as well. And then there was no going back. First I thought it was only PCs. But later I found that even mobile devices that came in contact with the affected system started to show same effects. So I thought it must be some low level malware stuff. The only question is "how it can seamlessly transfer from system to system and to a completely new system?" I would assume most of the network devices are same no matter how many new devices you buy. Whatever it is, it is taxing to the system. I might be right , I might be wrong, but we must get to the root of this problem, we must figure it out. We must not give up. And we need more people with the issue to come together and make this issue heard. And I don't mean only here at linustechtips. We need to draw more attention of the people who can actually fix it.

no its' not a malware lol, for me its an emi disturb 

The issues are in every game, some games just are not as complex as others.

Dishonored 2 (playing for the first time)

Object and edged flicker because of 1080P resolution, when i put it to 4K it increases the resolution of objects and the flickering goes.

The line on the ship were almost non-existent.

Foiage pops in like it does on almost every other game.

It is normal rendering and has always been like this with video games.

The more complex visuals get, the more artifacts you will get also. It's far easier to render Quake II than it is ARMA III or The Witcher 3.

I have 100% proof that the problem is in Electricity: when i turn off the PC completely from power just for one night the graphics in game became better(i can see it clearly in Warcraft 3 for example on Priest Night Elf hero`s bow and model). To reduce this issue you should turn off your PC completely from power when you don`t use it.

But the only REAL solution for me is to move to another house with another power company. I know exactly that this house(in which i live) is supplied with electricity by an awful company: electricity turns off when in another house just in front of me electricity works nice. But i can`t change the electricity company: i am the only gamer in this house, and other 100+ people that have flats here don`t play games i think they are old or boring normies. So like i said i`am going to buy a flat in another town this summer and i hope there will be no such problem in that town. 

You can create and sign some petition for changing your electricity company in your cases if this problem is important for other people that live in the same building as you but for me it is not the variant: i think i`am the only gamer in this building.

4 hours ago, Sanspooky said:

no its' not a malware lol, for me its an emi disturb 

Well I wrote as it had happened , so the rest is your own analysis.