Jade - My first water cooled build

DimitriBrut

So I've been considering building a nice water build for a few years, but didn't have the guts. Leaks were a huge concern. However! I finally grew the sack and pulled the trigger. I've never done water cooling, but decided to go with hardline PETG anyway.So let's get into it.

Theme - Black and white hardware with dark blue coolant. Sleeved wires would really dress it up, but it's looking pretty nice as is.

PCPartPicker - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pYsGf8

Specs:

Case - Fractal Design Define S Windowed

CPU - 6700K

Motherboard - Asus Z170 Deluxe

Video Card - Gigabyte 980TI G1

Storage - Samsung 950 Pro and 850 Pro 512 GB each + Seagate 2TB HDD for extra storage

RAM - 64 GB Dominator Platinum

Power Supply - Corsair AX1200i

Radiators - XSPC AX240 and AX360

Fans - 5 Fractal Design Venturi HP12 PWM

Pump - EK XTOP REVO D5 PWM

Reservoir - EK-RES X3 250ml

Tubing - PETG

Fittings - PrimoChill Rigid Compression (Not a huge fan of these, but they were all I could find and wanted to get the plumbing started. I'll be replacing them with Bitspower soon)

Lighting - NZXT Hue+ (I absolutely love this thing)

I spent my 3 days off piecing this thing together and booting it. Pictures will be in future posts and I will update on clock speeds after I get into all that. For now, I'm taking a break. My fingers are killing me and a couple of those bends were nearly frustrating enough to make me bash the machine.

mms_20160702_210032.jpg

DSC_0033.JPG

what is the pc going to be used for? and unless you will be transferring large files with a high speed server or another nvme drive you wont see much benefit with the 950 ssd

edit: nvm you already bought the parts ok this is a pretty impressive no compromises build

10 minutes ago, DimitriBrut said:

So I've been considering building a nice water build for a few years, but didn't have the guts. Leaks were a huge concern. However! I finally grew the sack and pulled the trigger. I've never done water cooling, but decided to go with hardline PETG anyway.So let's get into it.

Theme - Black and white hardware with dark blue coolant. Sleeved wires would really dress it up, but it's looking pretty nice as is.

PCPartPicker - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pYsGf8

Specs:

Case - Fractal Design Define S Windowed

CPU - 6700K

Motherboard - Asus Z170 Deluxe

Video Card - Gigabyte 980TI G1

Storage - Samsung 950 Pro and 850 Pro 512 GB each

RAM - 64 GB Dominator Platinum

Power Supply - Corsair AX1200i

Radiators - XSPC AX240 and AX360

Fans - 5 Fractal Design Venturi HP12 PWM

Pump - EK XTOP REVO D5 PWM

Reservoir - EK-RES X3 250ml

Tubing - PETG

Fittings - PrimoChill Rigid Compression (Not a huge fan of these, but they were all I could find and wanted to get the plumbing started. I'll be replacing them with Bitspower soon)

Lighting - NZXT Hue+ (I absolutely love this thing)

I spent my 3 days off piecing this thing together and booting it. Pictures will be in future posts and I will update on clock speeds after I get into all that. For now, I'm taking a break. My fingers are killing me and a couple of those bends were nearly frustrating enough to make me bash the machine.

unnecessary ram and psu :/

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

u can get windows 10 for 20 dollars on kinguin.

1 minute ago, TeamZXXX said:

u can get windows 10 for 20 dollars on kinguin.

Got it for free since I had a legit Windows 7 key, but thanks! I'll be sure to let others know.

Why in the world did you go 980 TI with the new cards out?

1 minute ago, DPerry918 said:

Why in the world did you go 980 TI with the new cards out?

Great question! Because it's the only piece I'm re using. I bought the card about... 4 months before the announcement of the release... Super sad about that. However, when they're more available I'll be upgrading to 2 1080s. I've always wanted to try SLI....

1 minute ago, DimitriBrut said:

Great question! Because it's the only piece I'm re using. I bought the card about... 4 months before the announcement of the release... Super sad about that. However, when they're more available I'll be upgrading to 2 1080s. I've always wanted to try SLI....

Ok that makes sense, I was so confused why someone would invest 620 dollars on RAM while getting last gen video card. If you havent already, I would invest in a better case. With this beautiful/(and expensive) of a build alot of it is presentation and this case makes it look like a 600-1000 dollar build not a 4 thousand dollar beast.

1 minute ago, DPerry918 said:

Ok that makes sense, I was so confused why someone would invest 620 dollars on RAM while getting last gen video card. If you havent already, I would invest in a better case. With this beautiful/(and expensive) of a build alot of it is presentation and this case makes it look like a 600-1000 dollar build not a 4 thousand dollar beast.

Interesting suggestion. What case would you suggest? I really do like the full sized window of the Define S... It really shows everything, while staying minimal on the outside. Keeps you focusing on the inside. I am open to other ideas though.

4 minutes ago, DimitriBrut said:

Interesting suggestion. What case would you suggest? I really do like the full sized window of the Define S... It really shows everything, while staying minimal on the outside. Keeps you focusing on the inside. I am open to other ideas though.

Im a huge fan of the way the Phanteks Evolv TG, Corsair 400C and a couple other ones. 

15 minutes ago, DPerry918 said:

Im a huge fan of the way the Phanteks Evolv TG, Corsair 400C and a couple other ones. 

The Phanteks is definitely a gorgeous case. I've already built this whole thing in the Define S though... haha. When I get bored of the Define S, maybe I'll change over

1 minute ago, DimitriBrut said:

The Phanteks is definitely a gorgeous case. I've already built this whole thing in the Define S though... haha. When I get bored of the Define S, maybe I'll change over

Ohh :) Lets see some pictures boss!!