Which Deathadder to choose?

theEyesHaveHills

This might be a strange question, but should i go with the Chroma  or the 2013 version?

Main reason for this post is because i've heard a lot of negative things about the Chroma's drivers software Synapse.

Other than the software and the RGB lighting the 2013 seems to be identical.

Thoughts on this?

I would advise you to buy some Completely different mouse or is that out of question? By the way the chroma has a different sensor. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Get the mouse which isnt from razer.

Aka neither of them.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, theEyesHaveHills said:

This might be a strange question, but should i go with the Chroma  or the 2013 version?

Main reason for this post is because i've heard a lot of negative things about the Chroma's drivers software Synapse.

Thoughts on this?

logitech g502 <3

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 hour ago, theEyesHaveHills said:

Thoughts on this?

Razer sucks.. i recommend you get g502 or Zowie if you play fps

The main reason i am inclined to buy a deathadder is because of the sensitive mouse buttons, not because it's from Razer.

If you can recommend other mice which have similarly sensitive buttons, please do.

I play mostly FPS, so i don't need a ton of buttons on it.

G502 if you are a palm gripper.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

The 2013 version also has Synapse. Between the two, I'd suggest the Chroma, since it has an improved sensor. It's a great mouse if you are lucky enough and it doesn't develop any issues. 

If you want a driverless mouse that has a similar shape, take a look at the Zowie EC1-A (or EC2-A, which is the smaller version). The only downside of it compared to the Deathadder is the slightly inferior sensor, but it's still considered to be pretty good.

Since you are going to play FPS games primarily, stay away from the brick called Logitech G502.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Well i recommend the 2013 version witch im using right now. Main reason is because the click on 2013 is famously to be a lot more sensitive and light compared to other mouse but i like it. Thr second reason is that RGB lighting on a mouse doesn't make sense at all to me.i mean you hold it all the time and the biggest light on the mouse is covered by your hand 95% of the time. As far sensor go, the 2013 version already has a flawless sensor, but even with a flaw sensor, realistically you can't and you won't feel a different at all.

As far reliability, mine haven't broke in 2 years but some say razer products broke in 2 months.. So good luck if yoy decide to buy razer product

Get the DA Chroma, I think its cheaper than the 2013 edition now and it has a slightly updated sensor over the 2013. From what I read, less prone to double click issues as well. I used mine for almost two years before I sold it due to being too big for me to use competitively and to be honest, I never had any issue with it. I'm using a G303 at the moment that I've had to RMA 3 times already due to sensor rattle or defective side buttons that make an awful pinging/vibration which were never a problem on my Deathadder.