Power Supply Surges! HELP

Stefanosgr18
Go to solution Solved by Stefanosgr18,

Ok.I found the source of the problem.The 24pin atx Cable wasnt connected properly on the motherboard(It was half out,dont know how it went out though).Thats what was causing the surges.Damn. :P

System Specs:

Asus Z97p latest bios 2907

i5-4690k stock speeds 3.5ghz

8gb ram 1.5v 1600Mhz Stable(i run memtest,all fine)

Gtx 970 g1 gaming 1392Mhz Factory Oced

Evga Supernova 650 G2(Bought it 3 weeks ago,

Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply.

Pc Shuts down randomly though but mostly when i run high-intensive tasks like heavy Games or when i do rendering...but still may not happen all the time.

It shuts down.And then powers on by it self and boots me with this:

Could it be a faulty PSU? May i replace it from local store?

123.jpg

yah replace that PSU, soulds like its bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Strange thing is that it started happening today...i have been heavy using my Pc last 3 weeks with no issues...24/7 rendering/gaming/streaming...everything.

9 minutes ago, Stefanosgr18 said:

just rma it. 

its weird. everybody is saying the higher end evga ones are good but i see bad evga high end stuff quite often. probably not the worst idea to avoid them imo

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Asus Anti-surge is rather finicky and often provide false reports. Chances are you can just disable the feature in the BIOS, and you would be find just forgetting about it.

I think it's best to not ignore it, but rather to buy a digital multimeter and check those voltages yourself.

4 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

just rma it. 

its weird. everybody is saying the higher end evga ones are good but i see bad evga high end stuff quite often. probably not the worst idea to avoid them imo

Umm what..??

4 hours ago, Stefanosgr18 said:

System Specs:

Asus Z97p latest bios 2907

i5-4690k stock speeds 3.5ghz

8gb ram 1.5v 1600Mhz Stable(i run memtest,all fine)

Gtx 970 g1 gaming 1392Mhz Factory Oced

Evga Supernova 650 G2(Bought it 3 weeks ago,

Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply.

Pc Shuts down randomly though but mostly when i run high-intensive tasks like heavy Games or when i do rendering...but still may not happen all the time.

It shuts down.And then powers on by it self and boots me with this:

Could it be a faulty PSU? May i replace it from local store?

123.jpg

Asus anti-surge is NOTORIOUSLY finicky. Just turn it off in your BIOS.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Guys...first of all thanks for replying.

I tried disabling it through BIOS>Advanced Tab>Monitor>

But the shut downs happenning again...but this time the message on BIOS boot up doesnt appear.And it just reboots.I mean it doesnt even show American Megatrends screen...it just posts and boots into Windows.But still the same shut downs like before.

3 minutes ago, Stefanosgr18 said:

just turn it back on its there to protect your stuff. its totally right that its finicky. there is something wrong with your psu, just contact the manufacturer or the store you bought it from, tell them what happened and you will get a new one. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

They told me that they will test it first and then they will start the RMA process.

Fingers crossed...I will report back.

Ok.I found the source of the problem.The 24pin atx Cable wasnt connected properly on the motherboard(It was half out,dont know how it went out though).Thats what was causing the surges.Damn. :P