NVIDIA 1080 GTX leaked benchmarks...

IcEWoLF
16 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

The 3DMark someone leaked shows only 25% faster then 980Ti so its most likely true benchmark.

http://www.techspot.com/news/64719-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-3dmark-performance.html

So according to that article, my 1450Mhz boost overclock should close the gap a little more.

Honestly for 1080p gaming I don't think it'll matter, maybe for 1440p+ gaming it would make a difference.

Then again picking up a second hand cheap panic sale GTX980ti and running Sli would even be better until the 1080Ti drops ;)

8 hours ago, App4that said:

Asynchronous compute is not what you were told it was by the AMD marketing department.

The game is running in DX11 mode in that video ...

Found this over on OCN

Batman Arkahm Knight 2560x1440

gggr5s7r.jpg

980ti = 84fps AVG = +42% 1080 119fps
980ti = 87fps AVG = +35% 1080 117fps

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

3 hours ago, Megahurt said:

The game is running in DX11 mode in that video ...

Nope, DX12. Look at the end in the kitchen when the Fury X finally overtakes the 980ti.

Oh, and here's a bunch of DX12 AMD lied evidence. Forza 6 being my favorite LOL.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

26 minutes ago, Face2Face said:

Found this over on OCN

Batman Arkahm Knight 2560x1440

gggr5s7r.jpg

980ti = 84fps AVG = +42% 1080 119fps
980ti = 87fps AVG = +35% 1080 117fps

This first scene doesn't appear to be part of a benchmark (sub title text gives it away) this also leads me to believe the 2nd maybe fake as well. Also the final score appears at the end of the run, screen one would be at the start of the run, and screen 2 towards the end....

to add further context my fury card at stock averages 79fps....if real i would like to see the final score.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

21 hours ago, ch0g0nda said:

Not enough to be worth upgrading from Maxwell, shocker. What's-his-face from Nvidia is gonna have to wear more leather at the next GPU reveal in a couple years, maybe that'll make the difference.

I don't think he'll look good in leather either.

AMD_CEO_Fiji_Computex.jpg

25 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nope, DX12. Look at the end in the kitchen when the Fury X finally overtakes the 980ti.

It says D3D11 right next to the framerate, and at times, the 980 pulls more frames than the 980Ti, which would hint at a CPU bottleneck, so DX11, and AMD has more cpu overhead, so it would also explain that too.

12 hours ago, App4that said:

Asynchronous compute is not what you were told it was by the AMD marketing department.

I'd like to see the minimum frame rates.  That's where AMD usually tanks.

It's also more important than maximum.  A wider deviation between minimum and maximum usually equals stuttering.

Lets see...

Nvidia launch benchmarks where we know the motivations behind what is shown.

vs.

Leaked (ile. against NDA) benchmarks where we don't know anything about motivations.

Hmmmm, who to believe?

Does anyone mind if I wait for benchmarks from some sources that I have come to trust?

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

8 minutes ago, Megahurt said:

It says D3D11 right next to the framerate, and at times, the 980 pulls more frames than the 980Ti, which would hint at a CPU bottleneck, so DX11, and AMD has more cpu overhead, so it would also explain that too.

True that, I stand corrected. But the Fury X not even getting the chance to try 4K with Forza 6 and not holding 60fps at 1440 while the 980it can hold 60fps at 4K? And the Gears benchmark. Maxwells performance in DX12 is completely blown out of proportion by fans.

2 minutes ago, SettlingAbyss96 said:

First of all gears of war isn't a true DX12 title, it's just plopped on to dx12 so it's obvious that it will favor Maxwell (just as most of the previous DX generations did).

Forza apex:

New drivers

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.5.1.aspx

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 Highlights

Support for:

• Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™
      • Performance increased up to 27% versus Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X(1)
    •  

You can't increase the memory with a driver LOL! The Fury, Nano, and even the Fury X can't run Forza 6 at 4K like the 980ti can. And where's this "Maxwell crippled by DX12"? The reason I posted. I have yet to have a problem in games that use DX12 with my 980ti, I posted proof that the games that have issues have nothing to do with the API, it's how the game is developed. Do you see my point?

4 hours ago, Malaki Titi said:

I'd like to see the minimum frame rates.  That's where AMD usually tanks.

It's also more important than maximum.  A wider deviation between minimum and maximum usually equals stuttering.

This. AMD looks good on not-very-detailed benchmarks, but places like DigitalFoundry on YT tell the whole story. Life on the red team involves more stuttering - I've got access to two computers that are very similar apart from one having a 290x and the other a 980 and stuttering is the difference. Both cards do it, the green one does it way less.

stuttering is none existant for me, with my fury, i do use vsync though....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

51 minutes ago, SettlingAbyss96 said:

-

-They are not increasing memory, they are optimizing it. This also means that as long as the memory has been optimized, HBM is always the faster and better solution.

As for my Fury X, studdering is almost non-existant and with the crimson drivers the experince is very pleasent. You also say that it cannot run Forza 6 at 4K like the GTX 980Ti can yet you haven't even shown a benchmark with a Fury X running it at 4K or even a benchmark with the updated drives. How can you assume this if you have no proof yet?

-

On 5/12/2016 at 5:15 PM, No said:

is this even a real benchmark...

Highly unlikely.  Most of the reviewers that have them in hand are not only bound by the NDA, but are also waiting for a driver release from nVidia so that they can actually test them.  Anything that you see popping up until then is likely garbage.  

Also, as far as I know, the NDA expires on or around the 17th.  Just enough time prior to release.