NVIDIA 1080 GTX leaked benchmarks...

IcEWoLF

http://www.mobipicker.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-directx-12-benchmarks-async-compute/

DirectX 12 Ashes Of The Singularity – 1080p Crazy Preset
graph_35-Copy.png?47662f

DirectX 12 Ashes Of The Singularity – 1440p Crazy Preset
graph_34-Copy.png?47662f

Disappointing to say the least....no wonder they didn't put the 980 GTX Ti in there at their presser.

So the GTX 1080 is mainly going to be king in the VR end...

1080Ti is what I shall wait for. I play on 1440p as my main monitor so 5fps increase is barely anything to brag about.

It ll be interesting to see a few other game benchmarks too as time comes.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

I highly doubt the legitimacy of these benches given the spec improvement of the 1080, also have they made 1080 compatible drivers available yet?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1080, truly the king of 1080p.

lol, not sure how trustworthy this source is - but these results are about what I expected regardless. 

i doubt if that is the jump we will see after release date. especially after the coming driver updates.

9 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

http://www.mobipicker.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-directx-12-benchmarks-async-compute/

DirectX 12 Ashes Of The Singularity – 1080p Crazy Preset
graph_35-Copy.png?47662f

DirectX 12 Ashes Of The Singularity – 1440p Crazy Preset
graph_34-Copy.png?47662f

Disappointing to say the least....no wonder they didn't put the 980 GTX Ti in there at their presser.

So the GTX 1080 is mainly going to be king in the VR end...

So wait, is the 980ti just never effected by ASync, or is Ashes just one of the weird DX12 games?

Could just be that the 1080 lacks asynchronous compute like the 980Ti so it's relying on raw horsepower. 10%+ increase over last gen highest end card still ain't too bad

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

So wait, is the 980ti just never effected by ASync, or is Ashes just one of the weird DX12 games?

The 980ti can do async just not as efficiently, and yes ashes is kinda weird when benched

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

9 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I highly doubt the legitimacy of these benches given the spec improvement of the 1080, also have they made 1080 compatible drivers available yet?

What spec improvement? 500 more cores than a 980?

Those results look exactly like what the specs of the 1080 would be producing.

The 1070 / 1080 are a third time repeat of Nvidia releasing their midrange chip as a high end part.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

The 980ti can do async just not as efficiently, and yes ashes is kinda weird when benched

980ti has no async engines so it can't actually do async compute. Whether that is a big part of future games has yet to be determined 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

10 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I´m aware that it can do Async, and I´m well aware that it can´t do it as effectively. I´m saying that shouldn´t the 980ti be doing worse than the Fury X due to that fact? Async usually brings the 900 series to their knees.

Well, async compute hasn't been enabled in maxwell drivers, what are the chances that it's enabled in drivers 2 weeks before the launch of pascal.

4 hours ago, Bhav said:

What spec improvement? 500 more cores than a 980?

Those results look exactly like what the specs of the 1080 would be producing.

The 1070 / 1080 are a third time repeat of Nvidia releasing their midrange chip as a high end part.

exactly.

Pretty sure the 980ti would produce similar results if clocked at 2100. 

For a $599 card, yeah these are expected performance

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Not enough to be worth upgrading from Maxwell, shocker. What's-his-face from Nvidia is gonna have to wear more leather at the next GPU reveal in a couple years, maybe that'll make the difference.

Now hopefully people that are selling 980ti for dirt cheap don't realize this, so that I can buy one for myself before they bump up the price due to 1080 is not that faster than 980 ti

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

2 hours ago, Alexokan said:

exactly.

Pretty sure the 980ti would produce similar results if clocked at 2100. 

A 2100 mhz 980 ti would walk all over a Pascal 1080 if it the 1080 is indeed only 10% faster whilst being clocked like 50% higher.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah, the Ti Models like the iPhone S models are the true performance kings...these GTX non Ti are weak.

Didn't the FuryX beat the 980ti comprehensively in Ashes in confirmed legit benchmarks, which leads me to take this "benchmark" with a pinch of salt.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

5 minutes ago, super_skank said:

Didn't the FuryX beat the 980ti comprehensively in Ashes in confirmed legit benchmarks, which leads me to take this "benchmark" with a pinch of salt.

AMD has much better direct x 12 drivers and etc 

15 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

I´m aware that it can do Async, and I´m well aware that it can´t do it as effectively. I´m saying that shouldn´t the 980ti be doing worse than the Fury X due to that fact? Async usually brings the 900 series to their knees.

Asynchronous compute is not what you were told it was by the AMD marketing department.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

If these benchmarks are true I know to keep my GTX980ti Hybrid, sink extra into a more powerful Broadwell-E chip and buy a fully unlocked Ti next year.

I'm only a 1080p@144hz gamer anyway xD