1 key on my keyboard feels different from the rest?

MenSuRx

So i recently bought the new Razer Blackwidow X Chroma, but as soon as i open and start typing, i immediately realize that the 'f' key feels different from the rest and also sound different. It feels mushy and i can feel hardly any tactile feedback on it, very little but not like the other keys. If you press it slowly then you can feel the tactile bump and the click sound but if you type regularly or fast, it feels like a cherry mx red, linear. It's not extremely significant as i know that not all keys feel same, some might be more tactile that others but this seems far too linear, even though you can feel the tactile bump when you press it slowly. Is there a problem with the switch? Would it affect the longevity of the keyboard/switch? I am curious because if i was to get this replaced it would take nearly 1 month for me to get my new unit.

It probably won't affect its longevity. But it really does sound like an QC issue.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

It probably won't affect its longevity. But it really does sound like an QC issue.

Sorry could you explain what you mean by QC?

1 minute ago, MenSuRx said:

Qc is quality control 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

QC= Quality Control

aka a defective product

aka bad build quality

this is why you do not buy razer products

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

quality control

it does sound defective, i would send it back tbh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, MenSuRx said:

Quality Control. In other words, a check-over before the product is sent-out to the consumer.

Just now, Enderman said:

QC= Quality Control

aka a defective product

aka bad build quality

this is why you do not buy razer products

Well to be fair, my previous 2013 blackwidow with cherry blues didn't have any problems and the blackwidow X looked really nice :P

Well to be fair, my previous 2013 blackwidow with cherry blues didn't have any problems and the blackwidow X looked really nice :P

obviously not every keyboard will have problems

just a much higher percentage than better brands like ducky, das, corsair, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

obviously not every keyboard will have problems

just a much higher percentage than better brands like ducky, das, corsair, etc...

True. I guess i will have to send it back and wait for a month for the new unit to arrive.

I got this because it looked really nice. If there was a K70 RGB with Cherry MX Blues, then i wouldve gotten those.

True. I guess i will have to send it back and wait for a month for the new unit to arrive.

I got this because it looked really nice. If there was a K70 RGB with Cherry MX Blues, then i wouldve gotten those.

You mean like this?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-k70-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-blue

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

10 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yes i could refund my keyboard for that. However, i thought the K70 RGB with Cherry MX Blues were discontinued after the RGB Cherry MX Blue switches had issues. Would this be the updated fixed switches that can be found inside the STRAFE RGB?

16 hours ago, MenSuRx said:

Also i cannot find that on Amazon

You'll have more luck finding a Corsair Strafe with Blue RGB switches.

Even Cherry MX switches can be inconsistent. I have a Cougar 600K that has at least 4 inconsistent MX Blue switches, one feels like a brown and no longer makes a click sound at all, the others have a significantly quieter click. This occurred about after 3 months of use at work (heavy use).

Blue switches seem especially prone to problems as they have a moving part to create that click sound and any dust that manages to get in will ultimately cause problems. Water, alcohol, doesn't matter, in the end you need to extract the foreign particle if you want a real fix, which means desoldering your switch, opening it up and cleaning it out.

I chose to get a Team Wolf Void Ray (replaced the switches with Gateron brown RGB switches) and I can change the switches outright without the hassle of dis-assembly and desoldering/soldering should anything go wrong with the switch. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Don't think anything is up perhaps when they manufactured it the key wasn't fully fastened but if your that bothered go ahead and go to razer they will probably easily give you a new keyboard or even less costly to them re fasten your f key

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!