AMD Announce VR and AR Headset

ChevbeeHD

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/amd-powered-sulon-q-is-like-wearing-a-vr-capable-windows-pc-on-your-head/

AMD has announced a headset which is an AIO  VR/AR Headset called the Sulon HND Which is powered by  AMD

What make this headset different 

This is Teather Free and an AIO headset

The Specs Are

AMD fx8800P CPU

AN R7 Series GPU

8GB RAM

and a 1440P Oled Display

What i found cool about this headset to others is that it actually come with an inbuilt PC so this could help out all of the people who have PC'S which arnt powerful enough to run games using headsets such as the oculus rift.

Also in the video they mention that they are the first ones to have this feature in their headset.

This in my eyes has the potential to beat other products such as the oculus rift which you have to have a very good pc to run even my own pc only pases as capable.

One thing about this product which has put a question to my mind is this would be a very heavy headset since in the end it does have a full computer in it.

THIS IS A GREAT VIDEO FOR THOSE WHO WANT MORE INFO...

1 minute ago, ChevbeeHD said:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/amd-powered-sulon-q-is-like-wearing-a-vr-capable-windows-pc-on-your-head/

AMD has announced a headset which is an AIO  VR/AR Headset called the Sulon HND Which is powered by  AMD

The Specs Are

AMD fx880p Processor 

AN R7 Series GPU

8GB RAM

and a 2K OLED Display

Damn this looks interesting! I'm skeptical as to how well it will perform without connecting to anything but i'm sure AMD somewhat knows what they are doing xD

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

#1 you might want to fix that typo that says 880p to 8800p.

#2 r7 GPU with a 2k screen? That seems pretty weak for that high res... You would only be able to watch videos on that lol any game except stuff like TF2 and CSGO would run like a potato on that.

They didn't specify what GPU exactly though, which makes me curious if it is a Polaris unit.... because if it is, they could cram that thing they demoed against the 950 in there and a 950 could theoretically do some intensive VR.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 minutes ago, ChevbeeHD said:

The Specs Are

AMD fx8800pProcessor 

AN R7 Series GPU

8GB RAM

and a 2K OLED Display

What i found cool about this headset to others is that it actually come with an inbuilt PC so this could help out all of the people who have PC'S which arnt powerful enough to run games using headsets such as the oculus rift.

Also in the video they mention that they are the first ones to have this feature in their headset.

This in my eyes has the potential to beat other products such as the oculus rift which you have to have a very good pc to run even my own pc only pases as capable.

5 minutes ago, ChevbeeHD said:

The Specs Are

AMD fx8800pprocessor 

AN R7 Series GPU

8GB RAM

and a 2K OLED Display

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

#1 you might want to fix that typo that says 880p to 8800p.

#2 r7 GPU with a 2k screen? That seems pretty weak for that high res... You would only be able to watch videos on that lol any game except stuff like TF2 and CSGO would run like a potato on that.

They didn't specify what GPU exactly though, which makes me curious if it is a Polaris unit.... because if it is, they could cram that thing they demoed against the 950 in there and a 950 could theoretically do some intensive VR.

I would belive that it would be a polaris card and also in there r9 Nano and r9 Fury X they used HBM which really preformed well 

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

i hope this uses Dual Channel memory for the FX8800p (Carrizo APU)

amd has dabbled in ram so they know what they're doing, not to mention making the apu

"the first at something"

looolll since when is amd the first at somehting

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

probably a couple small things (i really haven't got any examples) 

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

64BIT and multi core CPU'S:P  and there the first at having an AIO Headset

8 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

At first I thought, how and why would they put a water cooler in a headset?

HAHA

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

first gpu and cpu designing company called "AMD"

HAH

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, ChevbeeHD said:

64BIT and multi core CPU'S  and there the first at having an AIO Headset

here we go

3 minutes ago, ChevbeeHD said:

64BIT and multi core CPU'S  and there the first at having an AIO Headset

5 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

They also made that really small pc last year and were able to water cool it! SO maybe some of that small tech is making it into the headset!

project-quantum-680x383.jpg

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

I'm pretty sure in GPU's AMD has been the first to a new processing node every time.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, adamhouse9999 said:

here we go

HAH i wont start a war i swear :)

5 minutes ago, adamhouse9999 said:

amd has dabbled in ram so they know what they're doing, not to mention making the apu

no, they do not.

AMD is in the pockets of every OEM atm... and in order to save OEMs money, yes, TO SAVE MONEY FOR THE OEMs LIKE DELL, TOSHIBA, LENOVO ETC... they were coaxed/forced into making a single mobile socket for their low low low end shit, and Carrizo.

However their low low low end shit can only run single channel memory. So the OEMs keep making Carrizo laptops with only single channel memory motherboards.

It would not shock me if the mobo inside this thing is single channel to shave costs and increase profits. Since this isnt AMDs own product, i promise you, corners will be cut.

Just now, ChevbeeHD said:

HAH i wont start a war i swear :)

i mean it positively

another thing: first watercooled gpu with the 295x2

2 minutes ago, Tie Lightning said:

really small pc last year

and were able to water cool it

project-quantum-680x383.jpg

ever seen the brix ? or the zotac pico / zotac zbox ?

no needs for WC xD
and its not a big thing either. not like its game breaking or anything

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

6 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

"the first at something"

64 bit CPU

64 bit instruction set

Dual core

Consumer 8 core (questionable)

First to release a GPU with reference watercooling

First to release a GPU with GDDR4, GDDR5, HBM (they partly invented HBM together with SK Hynix)

OP please fix some typos.

1. CPU or APU is FX8800p.

2. The screen is 1440p not 1080p. 2K is 1080p, 2.5K is 1440p.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

64 bit CPU

64 bit instruction set

Dual core

Consumer 8 core (questionable)

First to release a GPU with reference watercooling

First to release a GPU with GDDR4, GDDR5, HBM (they partly invented HBM together with SK Hynix)

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

no, they do not.

AMD is in the pockets of every OEM atm... and in order to save OEMs money, yes, TO SAVE MONEY FOR THE OEMs LIKE DELL, TOSHIBA, LENOVO ETC... they were coaxed/forced into making a single mobile socket for their low low low end shit, and Carrizo.

However their low low low end shit can only run single channel memory. So the OEMs keep making Carrizo laptops with only single channel memory motherboards.

It would not shock me if the mobo inside this thing is single channel to shave costs and increase profits. Since this isnt AMDs own product, i promise you, corners will be cut.

fair enough, i said what i said as they have released ram and a piece of software for ram