I have 300 2GB USB Sticks which are useless.....

mluton

A customer of ours has given us 300 2GB USB Sticks to destroy as they are launching their brochure automatically on connection and every antivirus product is thinking they are virus's trying to launch. So no good to give out to their customers as advertising merchandise.

Save these being binned does anyone know how to resolve this issue.

We get a self mounted CD Drive (CDFS) and a normal USB Drive appear (NEW VOLUME)

hwwusb_zpsapdbqvpt.png

You can use the USB part OK but I cannot get rid of the CDFS element. 

Any Ideas ?

5 minutes ago, mluton said:

A customer of ours has given us 300 2GB USB Sticks to destroy as they are launching their brochure automatically on connection and every antivirus product is thinking they are virus's trying to launch. So no good to give out to their customers as advertising merchandise.

Save these being binned does anyone know how to resolve this issue.

We get a self mounted CD Drive (CDFS) and a normal USB Drive appear (NEW VOLUME)

hwwusb_zpsapdbqvpt.png

You can use the USB part OK but I cannot get rid of the CDFS element. 

Any Ideas ?

darik's boot and nuke?

http://www.dban.org/

dbm, or raid them :P why not have 2 150 raid ones of 2gb usb sticks and then a raid 1 of those two? would be really fun to see

or, you know, send them to me for free and il do something fun with them, maby :ph34r:

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You should be able to get rid of the CDFS partition if you delete both partitions and then do a format.

1) Start cmd

2) type in diskpart

3) type list disk

4) type in select disk # (replace the # with whichever number coresponds with the correct disk)

5) type in clean

6) type in create partition primary

7) select the partition by typing select partition 1

8) activate it by typing activate

9) format it by typing format fs=ntfs quick

10) type in assign

And there you go. It should now be a single, normal 2GB partition.

Be warned though. If you select the wrong partition then you will delete everything on your computer, and there are no confirmation prompts. Fuck up with a single digit and everything will be gone.

You could probably automate it but I am not that good with Windows scripting.

You could also use SD Formatter. That's what I used when I partitioned my SD card.

You could try using gparted to properly format them and then reuse them, since it is a linux program you either need linux or you can make use of the live cd: http://gparted.org/livecd.php

just unplug every usb start gparted see what devicesare currently connected then plug in a usb and change it from the menu e.g. /dev/sda, then device create partition table and just reformat them with windows

Diskpart should do it in windows

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, mluton said:

not luck with BnN

for laughs...

2016-03-07%2017.02.42_zps4thu5wjl.jpg

Oh god.  We litteraly havr dozens of thses at home... 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 Gb sticks are so useless though, need at least 4 Gb for most backup things.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

Diskpart should do it in windows

No luck with diskpart

the cdfs partition is most likely baked into the firmware of the usb drive. i had the same issue with a school provided usb drive, what i did was found the model of my chip using a program and used umptool to reflash the firmware. you have to google for the right umptool software though cause each version only supports certain flash chips.

EDIT: the program to find the model of the chip is called chipgenius

Cheers.....We did find chip genuis yesterday and had a play.

Untitled_zps9i3bprgf.png

44 minutes ago, mluton said:

Cheers.....We did find chip genuis yesterday and had a play.

Untitled_zps9i3bprgf.png

yea so you need to find a program to flash the firmware for the chip "alcor micro sc908an/au6989an" but if umptool doesnt happen to have one for it you can try searching for that chip model along with keywords flash, or repair. im sure there is a tool for flashing it just need to find it.