Bethesda announced Launch date for DOOM

XORYOUYOU

Im actually excited, I never played doom in my childhood, I only ever had a Saga Megadrive, but this game looks pretty awesome and I'm stoked to play it :D

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Duke Nukem 4?

After the disaster that was DNForever, I think whoever holds the rights to it is going to be very hesitant about making another release.

The game wasn't outright "bad" per se, but it was just pretty mediocre in every aspect. I bought it on sale for like $15 years ago, and I never finished it. The shooting and combat was pretty meh-tastic.

If they ever do another Duke Nukem game, I think they should just completely finish the game, without making a pre-release announcement or any marketing.

And once it's finished, just release the game with heavy post-release marketing.

FYI, I think Valve should do the same thing with Half Life 3. Just one day, front page of Steam - BAM! HL3 is finished - buy it now.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

19 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I might be one of the few that actually liked Doom 3 - sure, it wasn't perfect, and the scary factor was mostly just:

1. Jump scares (LOTS of them, they became very predictable, especially when opening doors), and

2. Creepy atmosphere, especially in the areas where it was pitch black

The game had a decent story, and the gameplay was still quite fun.

I personally liked the sci-fi horror theme. I mean, it was much better than the Doom Movie at least :P

I liked it as well. I might buy it again and give it a try on PC. Last time I played it was on console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

18 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I liked it as well. I might buy it again and give it a try on PC. Last time I played it was on console.

They have a remastered version of Doom 3 (including the Expansion Pack) on Steam for pretty damn cheap. I picked it up myself on a steam sale but haven't played through it yet. Supposed to have improved graphics and bug fixes, and the FlashLight Mod is now part of the game (Because why the hell wouldn't he ducktape his flashlight to his gun? lol).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see old school or arena fps type games getting made these days.

I hope I enjoy the movement when the game gets released, face pace shooting is there just hope movement feels great :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see old school or arena fps type games getting made these days.

I hope I enjoy the movement when the game gets released, face pace shooting is there just hope movement feels great :)

I just hope there's more substance to it then just "fast paced shooting", because that's pretty shallow if it's the only thing it has to offer - unless of course, the game is cheaper - say $40 on release instead of $60.

16 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I just hope there's more substance to it then just "fast paced shooting", because that's pretty shallow if it's the only thing it has to offer - unless of course, the game is cheaper - say $40 on release instead of $60.

Yeah for sure, I'm sure it will have kind of driven story that will match the game to carry you through .

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

IMO what is have to achieve is player urgency and player motivation. i.e. the story doesn't have to be Bioware quality in terms of lore but the player should feel strongly about why he is fighting, and exactly what he is trying to achieve and what pay-off he wants to see in different stages of the game.

Also the fast paced shooting needs to be mixed up with quiet areas of exploration/discovery of interesting maps, and some friendly characters. If that pacing is not there it gets very fatiguing and monotonous.

Do not have a 3D printer yet, but wondering if the Revenant demon statue will be released as a free separate downloadable, and printable file. Since they have already created the 12" model for the collector’s edition. Not that I would expect the copy to be the same scale as the original collectors edition as that could under value the Doom collector's edition.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

2 hours ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Do not have a 3D printer yet, but wondering if the Revenant demon statue will be released as a free separate downloadable, and printable file. Since they have already created the 12" model for the collector’s edition. Not that I would expect the copy to be the same scale as the original collectors edition as that could under value the Doom collector's edition.

Has ID/Bethesda ever released 3D Printer model files before? If not, I highly doubt this release will be any different...

With that in mind, I'm sure you'll have plenty of community created 3D printable Models.

On 2/5/2016 at 7:19 PM, dalekphalm said:

I'm thinking the same thing. Even whough we know Wolfenstein for shooting Nazis, I was positively surprised that New Order actually had a good story. Here's hoping the same for Doom.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm thinking the same thing. Even whough we know Wolfenstein for shooting Nazis, I was positively surprised that New Order actually had a good story. Here's hoping the same for Doom.

Wolfenstein: New Order is basically the template that any of these games should use. You want ridiculous, over the top, fast paced shooting and action, like the glory days of the 90's? Do it like "New Order". It had all of that, plus excellent gameplay mechanics, and a great story that was engaging, with an excellent world that was interesting and kept you immersed.

If you only have the shooting, and not the rest, then the game will become very bland, very quickly.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

...It had all of that...

But to be fair it had quite bad optimization. Quite bad.

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

But to be fair it had quite bad optimization. Quite bad.

You're referring to the performance optimizations of New Order?

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

You're referring to the performance optimizations of New Order?

Indeed I am.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Indeed I am.

Well, that's a totally different problem, of course :P One that plagues many AAA PC games.

So far it looks pretty good. I only played doom 3 so it has to be better than that. 

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Wolfenstein: New Order is basically the template that any of these games should use. You want ridiculous, over the top, fast paced shooting and action, like the glory days of the 90's? Do it like "New Order". It had all of that, plus excellent gameplay mechanics, and a great story that was engaging, with an excellent world that was interesting and kept you immersed.

If you only have the shooting, and not the rest, then the game will become very bland, very quickly.

New Order was great. the old blood sadly not so much.

but my biggest hope right now is that Beth will stay of the denuvo bandwagon because i really want to be able to buy this game.

Can't. Wait.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 2/4/2016 at 8:33 AM, XORYOUYOU said:

Since DOOM 3 had a Linux installer and id-software usually also write their stuff for Linux I guess it will be available but don't know when.

But they're owned by bethesda now so I doubt it will come to Linux. Bethesda doesn't seem to care about Linux much as most of their games are only on Windows. Plus Bethesda has ties to Microsoft so that probably wouldn't help the chances of a Linux port.

23 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Indeed I am.

hmm I didn't experience a single hitch playing it maxed out on R9 290. Maybe cause I played it a couple of months after launch. It did have a 60fps cap though which is not cool.

14 minutes ago, Humbug said:

hmm I didn't experience a single hitch playing it maxed out on R9 290. Maybe cause I played it a couple of months after launch. It did have a 60fps cap though which is not cool.

Those that I experienced are the ones most people had, textures load, you look the other way and back again and they need sometimes few seconds to load again, now imagine that through the whole game, combined with a ridiculous amount of screen tearign that v-sync can't do anything about.  Those were the most annoying ones.

Apparently it uses the same engine as Rage did, and those are the only two games to do so, and imagine this, they both have the same problems. Haven't played Rage but many, and I do mean many people have complained about that.

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Those that I experienced are the ones most people had, textures load, you look the other way and back again and they need sometimes few seconds to load again, now imagine that through the whole game, combined with a ridiculous amount of screen tearign that v-sync can't do anything about.  Those were the most annoying ones.

Apparently it uses the same engine as Rage did, and those are the only two games to do so, and imagine this, they both have the same problems. Haven't played Rage but many, and I do mean many people have complained about that.

I did have the texture pop-in problem in Rage. In Wolfenstein it was not noticeable to me unless I was purposely trying to induce it; e.g. Spin around quickly. Was installed on an SSD though.