Idea: Linus Media Group should sell SATA cables, Stock Heatsinks, Crossfire / SLi bridges, and other such things on their storefront.

wyattzx

Just a random idea I had, and because I do not know how their inventory system works, I cannot say if they can or cannot do it.

Simply put, with motherboards, graphics cards, CPUs, and even monitors, you often get cables or other such things with them. With the size of their inventory, I'm sure they have an abundance of SATA cables, SLI bridges, stock heatsinks, etc. They could, as long as they do not need to keep all items in-tact, sell them off at a cheap price on the forum. 

Now, the immediate downside is shipping, and so that would pose a problem. Even so, I just think it would be a cool way to move inventory, and a good way to cut forum users a deal.

Thoughts?

Selling such small and cheap items is only lucrative if you sell and buy a whole lot of them, that's why Monoprice can have cheap cables, or why those Chinese stores have cheap stuff: they buy their stuff in bulk.

Seling the few SATA cables you get with your motheboards is not gonna make you a whole lot of money and also they might need them actually..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Within 20 seconds people will be screaming "Sellouts!" Terrible idea, a $0.50 SATA cable shouldn't cost $5 because of a brand name on it, I doubt Linus would turn LMG in to Best Buy.

Within 20 seconds people will be screaming "Sellouts!" Terrible idea, a $0.50 SATA cable shouldn't cost $5 because of a brand name on it, I doubt Linus would turn LMG in to Best Buy.

"We have 200 SATA cables, 45 stock Intel heatsinks, 20 AMD heatsinks, and 70 SLi bridges. We need to move them. First come first serve. All proceeds go towards [whatever they decide.]" 

Like they could sell them and put all profits (outside of shipping) towards Channel Super Fun or something. Or just pocket it. Nobody said they have to restock, either. 

"We have 200 SATA cables, 45 stock Intel heatsinks, 20 AMD heatsinks, and 70 SLi bridges. We need to move them. First come first serve. All proceeds go towards [whatever they decide.]" 

Like they could sell them and put all profits (outside of shipping) towards Channel Super Fun or something. Or just pocket it. Nobody said they have to restock, either. 

you have to think about it like this, LTT is a company and any company's time worth money so instead of wasting time to sell such items and get small profit they can use that time to do what they do best and get way more profit.

you have to think about it like this, LTT is a company and any company's time worth money so instead of wasting time to sell such items and get small profit they can use that time to do what they do best and get way more profit.

Channel Super Fun is not profitable. 

Has been becoming so more recently as they have been starting to get sponsors on the bigger stuff.

The opportunity cost would be a huge waste. It wouldn't even pay a days wage to sell them all. Add to that a shipping nightmare and it would be just a huge money loss.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Isn't that kinda irrelevant comment when we are talking about selling hardware? Their main job is to create difital content as in videos. CSF is one channel to publish that content. Whether it is profitable or not isn't point. Now you are suggesting them to do something that even PC stores consider side thing. Which would require 1-2 full time persons to list and send items. That isn't profitable if you only have limited amount of goods. And they are priced really cheap in general. You'd need true fanboys to pay overprice for cable and more overprice for tax and shipping. Not to mention possible costs for registering company as store (idk if thats a thing or not in Canada).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv