Computer to computer file transfer

Hi,

The network at my school is pretty limited and seems to block most forms of common file transfer, including (but not limited to) all SSH, FTP, and PTP (like BitTorrent) connections. However, I'm looking to (legally) transfer a (legal) file from my home computer I'm controlling with TeamViewer to my school PC. The file is about 40GB so that narrows my solutions quite a bit. TeamViewer file transfer seems to be really slow, and even uploading it all to mega.nz is really slow as well (~250kb/s). Are there any good transfer methods I should try besides these two?

the reason a lot of schools block direct file transfers is network usage.

file transfers are some of the biggest network hogs at schools, and one of the least used ones by the curriculum itself, resulting in most schools just blocking it.

if both sides are windows you *can* use teamviewer's p2p vpn, and just samba share it over, but prepare to wait because its gonna take a while.

40GB transfer in limited network will take too long- why not using external HDD? 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

the reason a lot of schools block direct file transfers is network usage.

file transfers are some of the biggest network hogs at schools, and one of the least used ones by the curriculum itself, resulting in most schools just blocking it.

if both sides are windows you *can* use teamviewer's p2p vpn, and just samba share it over, but prepare to wait because its gonna take a while.

p2p vpn...?

40GB transfer in limited network will take too long- why not using external HDD? 

Sorry, I guess that might be confusing to some. It's a campus, so I live there. I can't exactly fly home and put it all on a HDD lol

USB drive?

you can get a 64GB one for cheap

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

USB drive?

you can get a 64GB one for cheap

Sorry, I guess that might be confusing to some. It's a campus, so I live there. I can't exactly fly home and put it all on a HDD lol

Try to install superbeam on the target computer with 40GB file then port forward port 8080

if not port forward you can transfer it via LAN if the school has not blocked it

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Try to install superbeam on the target computer with 40GB file then port forward port 8080

if not port forward you can transfer it via LAN if the school has not blocked it

Why does it say it's an Android app...?

Edit: found the PC version lol. Do you think transfer speeds will be fast enough?

Edit: found the PC version lol. Do you think transfer speeds will be fast enough?

totally

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

your router is not some shitty router from the 99¢ store is it?

then you will b fine :)

http://web2ftp.com/

try this

could also setup a http server on the home pc and then just download the file over the browser

theres a program called Tunnelex that might help to

or hamachi..it basically creates a vpn

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

your router is not some shitty router from the 99¢ store is it?

then you will b fine :)

Port forwarding isn't working for some reason

Port forwarding isn't working for some reason

ehhh

??

are you on the same network as the other computer?

ehhh

??

are you on the same network as the other computer?

No, that's the whole problem. I've been able to do this to access my raspberry pi which hosted an Apache server but for some reason this won't work.

No, that's the whole problem. I've been able to do this to access my raspberry pi which hosted an Apache server but for some reason this won't work.

you can set all this up with teamviewer tho right?..the other possible options

you can set all this up with teamviewer tho right?..the other possible options

Yeah, I'm doing setup now. Port forwarding again seems to be a bit of an issue but I'm troubleshooting it.

Yeah, I'm doing setup now. Port forwarding again seems to be a bit of an issue but I'm troubleshooting it.

what router/modem you got

?

what router/modem you got

?

Asus something, they all run the same firmware I think