Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Your love for two keyboards has broken bloody physics?! :P 

Though, you may have already been asked this. But will you miss a numpad?

Hahaha yes probably !

Nope , but I think I didn't mention it's both TKL

Hahaha yes probably !

Nope , but I think I didn't mention it's both TKL

Oh, they are both TKL? Yeah, you missed that part. :D

That makes it harder. :P 

If it were me and the Filco was a full keyboard, I would get that because after owning two TKL's, I like the more professional look of the full size. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Oh, they are both TKL? Yeah, you missed that part. :D

That makes it harder. :P 

If it were me and the Filco was a full keyboard, I would get that because after owning two TKL's, I like the more professional look of the full size. :D

Oh nonono .. Don't make me reconsider full size ..

Anyway , what are the 2 TKL boards that you own though ?

Oh nonono .. Don't make me reconsider full size ..

Anyway , what are the 2 TKL boards that you own though ?

Ducky Shine 3 and I had a CM Storm (I forget the actual branding. But it was one of the originals with silly amounts of logos :D)

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Ducky Shine 3 and I had a CM Storm (I forget the actual branding. But it was one of the originals with silly amounts of logos :D)

Actually , since you own the shine 3 , I want to ask you something --- after awhile , do you feel that LEDs are kind of meh ? Like all the excitement and hype are gone

Actually , since you own the shine 3 , I want to ask you something --- after awhile , do you feel that LEDs are kind of meh ? Like all the excitement and hype are gone

I find that a good keyboard with your most favorite keyset plus the dim lighting from your monitor would look sexier compare to those LED keyboards

I have mine currently sitting something like this on my table, with all the shadows overlapping over the keycaps

14511957705_d6b095a89a_b.jpg

Candy Corn Clack by hansen_oe, on Flickr

Honestly, yes. After I got some purple keycaps and some Tek Syndicate keycaps, I ended up turning the LED's off and leaving them off. Being that I am able to touch type, they didn't seem needed anymore and when playing games, they actually distracted me. I'm actually getting a Filco next week and using the Shine for travelling from then on.

Using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 with MX Blues and absolutely love it. The K95 was way too much when i was buying this nearly a year ago. I kinda wish it was aluminum but i have seen custom enclosures for this keyboard around the web so that might happen. 

Love the software for rebinding keys and making macros. MX Blues aren't a bad gaming switch either. The green backlight i don't mind at all. Fits with the Razer Naga 2014. I would go for he Chroma but that is another £100+ on a keyboard that performs exactly the same as this one. 

(Also none of my LEDs have died, one of my friends has a K95 with 17 dead LEDs, it is nice though the K95)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Thinking about these 2 now:

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth Elite Edition
Razer DeathAdder (non-Chroma version)

Less of a light show! I do most my gaming and typing from bed so I absolutely need that palm rest area to pick up the keyboard and move it around constantly. I try to avoid Corsair and Logitech anything, I was looking at Roccat also but prefer green LEDs and I type in the dark often...so leaning towards Razer. If the key switches are too loud is there some way to quiet them down? The site says 45g (force?) but I have no idea what that means in dB. Different key switches or o-rings maybe? If they are cheap enough I could save $20 getting the non-stealth version and upgrading switches/o-rings myself. Really not sure where to get switch sets or o-rings in USA either.

Chroma or Chroma Stealth = $169.99

2014 Ultimate Stealth Elite = $119.99

2014 Ultimate Elite = $99.99

DeathAdder Chroma = $69.99

DeathAdder = $46.15

To bling or not to bling, that is the question. As a DJ I like the idea of Chroma but on a daily basis I would have them off during the day and one color at night.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Just got an old DIN keyboard with SMK switches. Like MX blues, but only cost me £2. Can't use it because I need an adapter. Geekhack thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65938.0

£2? Lucky. :)

Just got an old DIN keyboard with SMK switches. Like MX blues, but only cost me £2. Can't use it because I need an adapter. Geekhack thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65938.0

I'm very happy with :) It was under some modern membrane ones at a bazaar sale and I saw white and beige, and I was like eurghmagurd Model M but I pressed a key and it didn't sound like a Model M, just a light click, but I bought it anyway. I was carrying it around the streets for an hour because I was out with my friends.

Edit: which chavvy town in the north east of Enlgand?

Let me know how quiet or clicky it is...please?! I like when stuff is made in the USA...rare now days!

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Let me know how quiet or clicky it is...please?! I like when stuff is made in the USA...rare now days!

I shall let you know when I get it. :P

Hopefully tomorrow, if not, then Wednesday. Though I did ask for next day delivery and it's to be posted today. :D

I shall let you know when I get it. :P

Hopefully tomorrow, if not, then Wednesday. Though I did ask for next day delivery and it's to be posted today. :D

Thank you kind sir!

Officially joining the Mech KB Club!

Mine's a portal-themed Vortex Race 2 75% keyboard with Cherry MX Browns and white backlighting:

Number Keys, Tab, Caps Lock, Shift and Win key are portal-themed.

10407518_10152535854028177_8418322833744

Arrow keys, Enter, Right Shift and End

13649_10152535819163177_1361952559999638

Full view

10600393_10152535849003177_9089793886226

With Backlighting:

10676282_10152535861603177_7391448979980

The keycaps were custom printed from wasdkeyboards.com. Since the layout of the Race 2 is non-standard, I had to sacrifice the modifier keys (Ctrl, Win, Alt) to have the arrow keys + the right shift and end printed. To compensate for that, I replaced them with some MKC metal modifiers from banggood.com.

You'll see that I also have a set of metal WASD keycaps made from MKC, also from banggood.com.

Well, it arrived. After getting an email last night at about half 7PM from Amazon telling me that it had been dispatched. I honestly didn't think it would arrive today. 

4XChhEH.jpg

bbyC6LO.jpg

First impressions of it are amazing. It feels so well built, even surpassing that of my Ducky Shine 3. Which is something I actually expected. The traditional flex test left me shocked at how sturdy the thing was. But it's the switches. I was expecting the Browns, after only using them on the key tester I have to be soft and rather mushy for a mechanical switch. However, from what I can feel, they are very close to the Blues, just with no click. The bottoming out sound is a little softer too. I don't know whether this is because of the keyboard's construction or it is because of the switches themselves, but it's not as loud of a clack when the key bottoms out like my Ducky. I'm very happy with it, though I am going to have to get used to having a full size keyboard again, sometimes when I go back to the home row, I end up two keys to the right, but that's the only issue I have. :D

I should have cleaned the stand for my monitor before taking that picture.  :ph34r: 

I'm getting a Zalman ZM-K500 mechanical keyboard, which uses pseudo Cherry MX switches, since Cherry's patent has expired. What kind of Cherry MX switch are these comparable to, red, blue, brown or black?

Well, it arrived. After getting an email last night at about half 7PM from Amazon telling me that it had been dispatched. I honestly didn't think it would arrive today. 

First impressions of it are amazing. It feels so well built, even surpassing that of my Ducky Shine 3. Which is something I actually expected. The traditional flex test left me shocked at how sturdy the thing was. But it's the switches. I was expecting the Browns, after only using them on the key tester I have to be soft and rather mushy for a mechanical switch. However, from what I can feel, they are very close to the Blues, just with no click. The bottoming out sound is a little softer too. I don't know whether this is because of the keyboard's construction or it is because of the switches themselves, but it's not as loud of a clack when the key bottoms out like my Ducky. I'm very happy with it, though I am going to have to get used to having a full size keyboard again, sometimes when I go back to the home row, I end up two keys to the right, but that's the only issue I have. :D

I should have cleaned the stand for my monitor before taking that picture.  :ph34r: 

I'm not a big fan of MX-Browns, but to me browns feel better with Costar stabilizers vs Cherry.