Spray Painting PSU Cables?

the stupidity levels are off the charts

THIS^ 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Nope. Don't. Please.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I wasn't going to do it. I was just wondering if anyone did... Why would it be a bad idea?

I wasn't going to do it. I was just wondering if anyone did... Why would it be a bad idea?

I don't know, you could risk spraying the connectors and that would screw up the entire PSU if you have a non modular one

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I don't know, you could risk spraying the connectors and that would screw up the entire PSU if you have a non modular one

Couldn't you just tape it and like, you know, cover it up?

Yep

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

and it may flake off all over your case, get stuck in heatsinks, fans, parts.. not a good idea at all

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

And it looks completely shit 

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

please dont spray paint them on plastic cables like them it will look lke shit

get someone to sleeve them or DIY =D

I used black fingernail polish for psu ends that stuck out and it didnt look bad.

Even if someone did he wont be a damn idiot to admit he left his brain in the jar and painted the cables. Propably cables would get more stiff and after the paint dried as soon as you bent them paint would come right off...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

If you spray paint your cables, when you bend them they will flake and then your paint will get cracks in it so really a waste of time..

Buy some coloured cables or sleeve the current ones you have if you were interested in going that way

not a good idea as if the paint is conductive, it will short stuff out, secondly, if you bend it a lot it will crack and break into small pieces inside your case

EricMarsi

Shouldnt plastidip work pretty good?

i would recommend sleeving, but still

Honestly you would have to use plastidip or a malleable type of paint  and take it apart and spray one by one. Or you can buy colored wire and make your own custom harness. And yet if you are willing to go through all of that why not just take the time to sleeve your cables and make it look nice.

But sleevers have been painting wires white for a while now.

Check out Lutro0customs.com fior sleeving supplies and info

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

I wouldn't do it 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

just buy cable extensions and run the psu cables behind the motherboard tray

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

• 1 year later...

Has anyone done this? Pictures?

Well, to disagree with EVERYONE on here I have painted Ram, cables and my H110 Rad. Make sure to tape everything that could be damaged by the spray and use flexidip dip as the paint. Next is just to spray a few more wires and install the GTX980ti HOF card I will be getting soon and shes all done.

Good luck if you try and do it but keep in mind, not just any paint...Flexidip!

MbSdGoY.jpg