Paris Attacks SRQ (LTT Debate/Seminar?)

Totally-A-Hero

Hey guys! My school does something called "Socratic Seminars". Basically what happens is we have a group discussion with other students about a document, sometimes it turns into a debate of peoples beliefs ect. Basically i just wanted to share the document with you guys and see what you think, and if any of you would be interested in have our own "LTT Seminar" where we do our own version of what i do at school. Anyway thanks for reading!

https://e.edim.co/76288779/paris_attacks_seminar1.pdf?Expires=1449114445&Signature=URqr0OVZzSWyMPLcaLXoF0qKAWahP2YUMMl3er0K7YJUERoKA3YD6ABGjxGKn1RDDHHBsmgI3bfV5L5GRir6R0HWVcXXgTjyTeBnW4GmDf0sBdfrmXbwNXUPYfegaPWPE2mVbcYsbDFTjC7aUFbQlUIMI3Fz0UN1YrnBRN~dRSleC0yORnm0p7g-s0lDcbvci74y1UJVAQ6yMU8bVo3cGkwVoMZoa9~21hzIY5c318wI~QCA1F3jqTM9KXwLHssHVZy0XBFhhV0Sv2OrPBS7LMiTR9EI6gOymL~HbjBr4GZdCGvTF2wi9es-3f4aJSMTvEkZXe1utqqt6YSlEUDhLQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIJNVNRBLLSTGN23Q

Here is the document ^ And here is the format we use to for our seminars (we could fill out a smaller one for our LTT version).

https://www.edmodo.com/file/view-office-online?id=61d1c8e75f9a832068133cea50a97a96

One student usually starts off with a question and we go from there. The craziest we have got is during one seminar going from a Coach praying with students in the locker room to What if Tim Tebow was a muslim. These seminars are great. Thanks for reading. I was thinking using Teamspeak for it would be optimal, but we could always use a PM although that would take a long ass time... We literally can use any article for a seminar just depends on what we wanna talk about.

This is the "Definition" of a Socratic Seminar 

https://www.facinghistory.org/for-educators/educator-resources/teaching-strategy/socratic-seminar

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Start a weekly thing like someone does for Would you rather.

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Start a weekly thing like someone does for Would you rather.

I could definitely do something like this. We can do it on any topic as long there is a article to support our topic. I can also make a REALLY condensed version of what my teacher makes me fill out (probably just questions evidence and thesis).

Open it up! I'll support it. Just be prepared for the conversation to be derailed pretty quickly.

That is sorta the point, you are supposed to leave with more questions about the topic than you had before going.

We have the same thing in my ELA class.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

We have the same thing in my ELA class.

Its fun stuff isnt it? My Rationalist tendinces always piss off these Trancedentilist/Romantic liberals. I had someone in tears once... and no im not doing it on purpose.

Its fun stuff isnt it? My Rationalist tendinces always piss off these Trancedentilist/Romantic liberals. I had someone in tears once... and no im not doing it on purpose.

I haven't actually done one. This year is my first in the class of the teacher who does it.

I usually don't really talk and just listen and laugh at the inside of people with stupid ideas.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I haven't actually done one. This year is my first in the class of the teacher who does it.

I usually don't really talk and just listen and laugh at the inside of people with stupid ideas.

theyare fun

theyare fun

Seem interesting. I can't wait to hear ideas.

I have a male feminist in my class

>implying hilarity will ensue

Would be VERY interested. Once a week/ every three days would be perfect.

- snip-

I'd love to debate considering my quick and violent reaction to bullsh*t. I'm absolutely terrible at articulating my thoughts even when I have extra time through typing. So I'm just gonna watch most of the time.

@Totally-A-Hero

>implying liberalism isn't rational... F*ck romantics outside the arts though.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

@Totally-A-Hero

>implying liberalism isn't rational... F*ck romantics outside the arts though.

These kiddo's are next level trust me they found a way...

Sounds like really good idea and I would love to participate. 

However, we have had similar threads in the past, all of which were either locked or just fell through completely. 

Altthough, it should probably take place within a PM tree rather than the forum itself. 

If it's just posted as a regular thread, then there is the risk of it being locked, the risk of people being getting butthurt at eachother, people jumping at eachothers throats, giving no one a chance to respond, etc.. 

The PM system would also allow for ´personal´ moderation. If every new seminar is a new PM tree, then unwanted members would just not recive a PM. 

Of course, there would have to be a rule book to this. 

The downside to the PM system is that it could be slow and that it could lead to very similar discussion if there isn't a steady flow of members. 

I guess we could have a fun discussion then...

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Sounds like really good idea and I would love to participate. 

However, we have had similar threads in the past, all of which were either locked or just fell through completely. 

Altthough, it should probably take place within a PM tree rather than the forum itself. 

If it's just posted as a regular thread, then there is the risk of it being locked, the risk of people being getting butthurt at eachother, people jumping at eachothers throats, giving no one a chance to respond, etc.. 

The PM system would also allow for ´personal´ moderation. If every new seminar is a new PM tree, then unwanted members would just not recive a PM. 

Of course, there would have to be a rule book to this. 

The downside to the PM system is that it could be slow and that it could lead to very similar discussion if there isn't a steady flow of members. 

I guess we could have a fun discussion then...

yep. We need Teamspeak! I think i have one we can use... it seems like there is some interest. Official post coming in soon.

yep. We need Teamspeak! I think i have one we can use... it seems like there is some interest. Official post coming in soon.

I would have to learn how to use Teamspeak then. 

And if we end up using TeamSpeak, then having a set time for meetings would be pretty essential, seeing how we are from all over the world. 

Getting a time that matches you Califonia time with my Central European time will probably be an exercise in it self. 

But I guess we could settle all the details when that time comes.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes