Fallout 4 and season pass for $65. Go for it?

Doughnutnator

They're never "unbiased" but they'll make points about the game and I can personally decide if the upsides outweigh what the reviewer didn't like. I sometimes watch nerd3, I also disagree with some of his stances on games because some of the things that bother him don't bother me and vice versa. I watch him play and hear what the game is, he decides if he likes it, it decide if I agree. Also, do you honestly believe I should play every AAA game that looks like it could be cool, I don't have that money and HAVE TO do at least some research before buying, else i'm throwing $80 NZ down the drain every month. 

Edit: Having said all that, I do prefer to watch Rooster Teeth more and prefer their policy of not doing 'game reviews' and just uploading videos of them having fun in games instead. This gives me an even better idea of what playing the game is actually like and whether it is up my ally.

Also, digital pre-orders simply invite the developers to rush games and allow for unfinished games to be released. It essentially says that they get x amount of money no matter what and to NO benefit to the consumer. They were originally for physical games stores testing how many copies to stock as well as the consumer ensuring they got a copy on release but now their just a way of monetizing hype. 

My comments are more directed at the overreaction some have to pre-ordering. People have a hard time with moderation. They bounce back and forth wildly jumping at anything the mob decides is the thing to be upset at this week. If you or anyone else doesn't like a game that's fine, no one should be forced to share an opinion. But if I decide to buy the second game this year, and that game happens to be a pre-oder, well fuck you if you have a problem with it (not you personally, it's a general statement).

If anyone asks you never saw me.

My comments are more directed at the overreaction some have to pre-ordering. People have a hard time with moderation. They bounce back and forth wildly jumping at anything the mob decides is the thing to be upset at this week. If you or anyone else doesn't like a game that's fine, no one should be forced to share an opinion. But if I decide to buy the second game this year, and that game happens to be a pre-oder, well fuck you if you have a problem with it (not you personally, it's a general statement).

Yeah, I get it. It seems every time someone uploads a spec list, (or even an image of already bought boxes) everyone jumps on something with "you should have got x" or "x is way better." without asking about the OPs preference. for instance, not everyone wants max FPS for money, some want a few nice parts, i.e nice case and ssd, in their mid-low end PC. 

Value isn't always objective.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

I think you mistake a mob for a concerned crowd, though. The lot of us who are sick of the shitty PC versions we're getting are trying to get people to stop pre-ordering when companies will not run out of digital copies.

The main issue is that pre-orders give the suits their money back before the game is even out. So what incentive do they have to get the bugs fixed and whatnot? They already have their money from all of the pre-orders.

Fallout is one of the worse pre-orders I've seen lately as they're now making those fanboy packages with toys. Nothing wrong with those toys, but it's just adding to the perpetuation of these company's look on their customers.

People keep mentioning CD Project Red and how it's okay to pre-order from them. No, it's not. Not even from them. Not even when they do a shit ton of work on their game that's already been out for months.

You can do what you want, just don't complain about the crap PC games we keep getting.

I think you mistake a mob for a concerned crowd, though. The lot of us who are sick of the shitty PC versions we're getting are trying to get people to stop pre-ordering when companies will not run out of digital copies.

The main issue is that pre-orders give the suits their money back before the game is even out. So what incentive do they have to get the bugs fixed and whatnot? They already have their money from all of the pre-orders.

Fallout is one of the worse pre-orders I've seen lately as they're now making those fanboy packages with toys. Nothing wrong with those toys, but it's just adding to the perpetuation of these company's look on their customers.

People keep mentioning CD Project Red and how it's okay to pre-order from them. No, it's not. Not even from them. Not even when they do a shit ton of work on their game that's already been out for months.

You can do what you want, just don't complain about the crap PC games we keep getting.

I completely agree with the insanity that is special editions. I didn't even get the loot crate. I can't agree when it comes to pre-orders though. Nothing would change if no one pre-ordered. Nothing. You're thinking like a consumer, which is fine since you are. But if you want to change things you need to change how you think. Think like a business and you'll see how pre-orders don't matter. Sales matter. Buy shit games and they'll make more shit games. Doesn't matter if you buy them a month before or after release, just that you buy them. And shit games will continue to be bought and make. A quick glance at EA's library of games should be enough proof of that. As for being able to bitch, I think I remember telling you once before you have no control over that, so you're best not to worry about it. As you'll most likely continue to think pre-orders somehow got pee in your Wheaties. Even though I have offered my best effort to prove otherwise.

I completely agree with the insanity that is special editions. I didn't even get the loot crate. I can't agree when it comes to pre-orders though. Nothing would change if no one pre-ordered. Nothing. You're thinking like a consumer, which is fine since you are. But if you want to change things you need to change how you think. Think like a business and you'll see how pre-orders don't matter. Sales matter. Buy shit games and they'll make more shit games. Doesn't matter if you buy them a month before or after release, just that you buy them. And shit games will continue to be bought and make. A quick glance at EA's library of games should be enough proof of that. As for being able to bitch, I think I remember telling you once before you have no control over that, so you're best not to worry about it. As you'll most likely continue to think pre-orders somehow got pee in your Wheaties. Even though I have offered my best effort to prove otherwise.

No.

If a broken game is released with pre-orders then it makes money from the pre-orders.

If a broken game is released with no pre-orders, very few buy it aside from reviewers and the devs don't get paid for a rushed game.

The less pre-orders the larger the dependence of releasing a game people will buy. Arkham Knight for example.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Are you even reading what I'm telling you.

No.

If a broken game is released with pre-orders then it makes money from the pre-orders.

If a broken game is released with no pre-orders, very few buy it aside from reviewers and the devs don't get paid for a rushed game.

The less pre-orders the larger the dependence of releasing a game people will buy. Arkham Knight for example.

exactly

Are you even reading what I'm telling you.

exactly

So Unity didn't sell? Are you reading what you write? How about Batman? No games to return because no one bought it after launch right? People buy shit games. Always have, always will. Pre-order haven't changed a thing. You're chasing shadows, or in this case a laser pointer lol.

So Unity didn't sell? Are you reading what you write? How about Batman? No games to return because no one bought it after launch right? People buy shit games. Always have, always will. Pre-order haven't changed a thing. You're chasing shadows, or in this case a laser pointer lol.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-unity-and-rogue-sales-revealed/1100-6425264/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-continues-to-enjoy-strong-sa/1100-6428753/

http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-unity-sales-numbers-still-surpassing-expectations

Well fuck me... -_-

Edit: But as a consumer, I personally wouldn't pre-order cos I don't wana get fucked. However I now acknowledge other people doing it wont change anything

gg

Edit: nope, not over

I love the fallout games but id recommend waiting until at least the first dlc is out to see if the cost to content ratio is good and use that as a base for the other dlc or wait until all the dlc is out then buy it if you want all of them.

Personally, I would take the chance. 5 extra dollars on top of retail for season pass? I usually am not a fan of preorders, but it's not a bad deal.

I kinda trust Bethesda, but maybe I will wait until release time... Thanks :D

You can do what you want, but I'll just point out that everyone "kinda trusted" Rocksteady/WB to release a decent Batman: Arkham Knight, too. At the end of the day, your personal perception of how they have carefully marketed themselves to you is not very much to rely on.

Personally, I would take the chance. 5 extra dollars on top of retail for season pass? I usually am not a fan of preorders, but it's not a bad deal.

How can you possibly make a judgement on whether or not it's a good deal before we even know what the Season Pass DLC will be, let alone whether or not it's worth paying a penny for?

Pre ordering and Ubisoft Assassin's Creed and thier game sales have nothing to do with each other, if you want to blame pre order by all means - i even have a article piece about it : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-order-exclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/,

but your links just show that ubisoft had sales, how is that even relevant to this discussion ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You can do what you want, but I'll just point out that everyone "kinda trusted" Rocksteady/WB to release a decent Batman: Arkham Knight, too. At the end of the day, your personal perception of how they have carefully marketed themselves to you is not very much to rely on.

How can you possibly make a judgement on whether or not it's a good deal before we even know what the Season Pass DLC will be, let alone whether or not it's worth paying a penny for?

I would rather pay $5 now than figure out the Season Pass is something I wanted and drop $30 afterward. It's the price of a cup of coffee, people.

I would rather pay $5 now than figure out the Season Pass is something I wanted and drop $30 afterward. It's the price of a cup of coffee, people.

It's also one more Season Pass pre-purchase that Bethesda can report to their shareholders as they explain what a great idea this business model is. And before you know it, we're "Augmenting our Pre-order" for Fallout 5.  :P

Some day that Season Pass will probably go on sale for the price of a cup of coffee on Steam. By that time, the DLC will all be out, and we'll know it and have judged it.

Besides, this all relies on the notion that we should pay $59.99 for the game to start with. I usually buy new releases on GMG for $35–45, often during their launch weeks. Most recently, Anno 2205. That game released yesterday.

You can buy fallout 4 for $40 on cd keys.com.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

You can buy fallout 4 for $40 on cd keys.com.

That's where i'm getting it. Game + Season pass = 65 with 5% discount.

I thought it was a nice deal, but a lot of people tells me to not pre order :( so rip

Pre ordering and Ubisoft Assassin's Creed and thier game sales have nothing to do with each other, if you want to blame pre order by all means - i even have a article piece about it : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-order-exclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/,

but your links just show that ubisoft had sales, how is that even relevant to this discussion ?

The point was that my original argument was wrong. Unity's "failure" didn't have an impact on its post release sales.

I don't like pre-orders. I think that pre-orders hurt the consumer. I don't think people preordering or not will effect anything. People will buy the broken games anyway.

The point was that my original argument was wrong. Unity's "failure" didn't have an impact on its post release sales.

I don't like pre-orders. I think that pre-orders hurt the consumer. I don't think people preordering or not will effect anything. People will buy the broken games anyway.

you're still on an assumption people still pre order Ubisoft games, and only ubisoft games, honestly people should move on to other things, yes Unity was bad but picking on one company one for every pre order mess is just not fair, rocksteady has done it, EA has done it, everybody else has, not just Ubisot.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

you're still on an assumption people still pre order Ubisoft games, and only ubisoft games, honestly people should move on to other things, yes Unity was bad but picking on one company one for every pre order mess is just not fair, rocksteady has done it, EA has done it, everybody else has, not just Ubisot.

What? Please read the rest of the discussion again. I made a point about why I got annoyed at other people preordering. Then app4that responded with unity as an example. Then I did some light research (googled it) and found that a broken release game doesn't have effect on POST release sales, making my initial point moot.

No.

The less pre-orders the larger the dependence of releasing a game people will buy. Arkham Knight for example.

The above is based on the idea that people wouldn't buy broken games post launch. Unity's, persistent and slightly above projected, sales show otherwise.

Then I did some light research (googled it) and found that a broken release game doesn't have effect on POST release sales, making my initial point moot.

" found that a broken release game doesn't have effect on POST release sales" 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-syndicates-first-week-sales-impact/1100-6431988

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-sales-125/

AC 4 BF wasn't a mess, hence AC Unity's sales were high with pre order and only when the game came out did people got to know it was a mess, 

So, showing me ACU sales were high even though broken resales doesn't have an effect Post release is a flawed comparison as people had already bought the game because AC 4 wasn't broken, if you how ever provided the next game that came after to prove your point that might have been a different case, but you didn't.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

" found that a broken release game doesn't have effect on POST release sales"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-syndicates-first-week-sales-impact/1100-6431988

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-sales-125/

AC 4 BF wasn't a mess, hence AC Unity's sales were high with pre order and only when the game came out did people got to know it was a mess,

So, showing me ACU sales were high even though broken resales doesn't have an effect Post release is a flawed comparison as people had already bought the game because AC 4 wasn't broken, if you how ever provided the next game that came after to prove your point that might have been a different case, but you didn't.

That is true...

Ok, yes.

Then back to the original forum topic.

No, please don't preorder. Wait for reviews then purchase. I guess cautious consumers can effect actual sales.

so according to this community im some sort of rebel... i preordered the game like 5 months ago lol

but then again it was for the pip boy edition

if you plan on buying both the game and all the dlc then yes go for it, 100 bucks worth of content for 65... yes please

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

so according to this community im some sort of rebel... i preordered the game like 5 months ago lol

but then again it was for the pip boy edition

if you plan on buying both the game and all the dlc then yes go for it, 100 bucks worth of content for 65... yes please

But you don't know if it's actually worth 100 bucks.