Xiaomi launched the Mi 4c, Snapdragon 808, 2/3GB of RAM, USB Type-C, and a 3080mAh battery for $200

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-4c-announced-643816/

Source 2: http://en.miui.com/thread-163193-1-1.html

Nothing like a new smartphone to be paired with your new mobile network, eh? Xiaomi always delivers fantastic phones at a fairly cheap price, and that trend continues with the Xiaomi Mi 4c. The Mi 4c comes with a 5" 1080p display, Snapdragon 808, 2GB (16GB model) or 3GB (32GB model) of RAM, 16GB/32GB of storage with microSD expansion, 3080mAh battery, 13MP main camera with either the Sony IMX258 or the Samsung S5K3M2 sensor, and a 5MP front facing camera. Some other nifty features include Quickcharge 2.0, an IR blaster, double tap to wake ( :wub:), 4G dual-SIM, and USB Type-C. The phone runs MIUI 7, which I am assuming is Android 5.1 based.

The Mi 4c will ship in 5 colors: black, blue, yellow, pink, and white. As of right now, the Mi 4c is only available in China, but I really hope that they expand it to other countries (such as the US with US compatible LTE bands, please). Oh ya, the phone will only cost 1299 RMB (~$204 USD) for the 16GB/2GB model and 1499 RMB (~$235 USD) for the 32GB/3GB model.

1299 RMB (CNY) to USD conversion: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1299&From=CNY&To=USD

1499 RMB (CNY) to USD conversion: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1499&From=CNY&To=USD

This phone seems pretty awesome for the price, and it looks fairly good too. I just wish Xiaomi would have stayed consistent with the specs on each version, but whatever. Xiaomi does have a US store/website now, so hopefully maybe we'll see the phone get released here maybe...? And with US LTE bands pretty please...? Like, come on Xiaomi, your entrance into the US smartphone market is well overdue.

Xiaomi-Mi-4C-press-840x570.jpg

Xiaomi-Mi-4c-specs.jpg

COMIC SANS

I don't understand why phone manufacturers make their phones looking like iPhones. I personally prefer any phone to an iPhone. iPhones are toooooo mainstream.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Y U NO QC 3.0?

Would love to see some new phones *oneplus3* with the 820 to have USB type C and QC 3.0

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Y U NO QC 3.0?

Would love to see some new phones *oneplus3* with the 820 to have USB type C and QC 3.0

Because Quickcharge 3.0 was just announced a few days ago, and obviously the Mi 4c has been in development and production long before that.

COMIC SANS

Phones need 4gb+ of ram.

We need to be able to run desktop games on em. Like unity 5 games.

adding more RAM would not allow that in the slightest.....

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Because Quickcharge 3.0 was just announced a few days ago, and obviously the Mi 4c has been in development and production long before that.

Fair logic! :P

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I don't understand why phone manufacturers make their phones looking like iPhones. I personally prefer any phone to an iPhone. iPhones are toooooo mainstream.

Because Asian Companies like to think copying Apple's design will instantly bring all the market that Apple has to them. Or better yet, they can't design anything original.

*cough* Samsung *cough*

Gimme one I can use on AT/T and root and put custom roms on

I never understood who carries are legally able to use proprietary stuff. In my country carriers have to use sim cards that have to work with every carrier independent phone. so if you buy a phone from a store that is a carrier it has to work.

I never understood who carries are legally able to use proprietary stuff. In my country carriers have to use sim cards that have to work with every carrier independent phone. so if you buy a phone from a store that is a carrier it has to work.

i have a nexus 5 which works on whatever.

I've wanted a Xiaomi phone for a long time, if only as a statement to say that yes, the Chinese are more than capable of making quality products. I hope they begin to roll out some phones to the North American market soon, though I suspect they might not use the full "Xiaomi" name because the perception over here is that all Chinese products are trash.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn