Earthquake proof PC

tomas710

It was running, and my HDD survived. Thank Guetto HDD soft mount! :P

Oh, and powerloss is another problem. You would need UPS for securing against that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oh, and powerloss is another problem. You would need UPS for securing against that.

Thankfully we didn't lose power this time, but my PSU has antisurge protection.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Here you go. Be sure to thank me later. If you live in a high-rise, be sure to get the right desk too. Just make sure you also get a plb along with the desk, otherwise you'll be in there for quite a while without one.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

It might shake stuff, but if you suspended it in a box by rubber cord (or a lot of rubber bands) or did something DIY it could make for a really cool PC. Or hang it from the ceiling by a lot of rubber bands. Put a parachute on it and attach it to something (say, a missile) that can take it into the atmosphere. These ideas are just getting stupider and stupider.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Thankfully we didn't lose power this time, but my PSU has antisurge protection.

holy shit man, im glad this one wasnt as bad, i hate earthquakes. Chi Chi Chile!. nice thing that pc made it. #epicnice

can-stock-photo_csp5301976.jpg

put it on these... you are welcome xD 

This was my idea lol, put 8 springs on the side, make sure they're set up well and secure them into a cabinet or a wall with enough space to move :D

you could earth-quake-proof it by building a case out of 20 inch thick steel plates and putting ssds in it. (as well as all passive cooling it and storing it in a bouncy-castle)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

If you have a PC that is mostly solid-state (AIO, SSDs, no glass in your case, etc) then your PC should be all but impervious to earthquakes. Of course, if your house collapses on top of it, that's another story, but...

it can actually be made earth quake proof. If you place it on a board supported by soft springs(springs underneath the board) and put it in a reinforced steel cage. Springs will save the components from extreme vibrations by lowering their amplitude.(bad English can't really express what I have in my mind)