How much do you care and would spend on audio

toben67

Choice 4

I care quite a bit yet I don't want to spend more than X amount (Sennheiser HD 558 or 598, Audio Technica M50, Audio Technica ATH ATH AD500x or 700x)

I'm currently in this category, but that could be subject to change someday if I had a bit more money.

I care a lot about audio quality and I'm willing to spend quite a lot. At the moment I think I've spent about 10000€ combined on my music system, computer audio and headphones.

Choice 7

I have my PC connected to a home theater. I want the world to hear! But we use the room for movies also.

Are you kidding me....... $1,200 pair of in ear head phones?? Those things are brutally painful.

Yeah me too (though not as nice of a home theater, still great)

I only spent 200-250$ on it, and it is great for that money.

Yeah I personally could never justify more than 100$ for in ears.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah me too (though not as nice of a home theater, still great)

I only spent 200-250$ on it, and it is great for that money.

Yeah I personally could never justify more than 100$ for in ears.

I'm curious to see them. I hope @KaminKevCrew shoots us a link or something. I mean you can only fit so much into a human's ear  :lol:

Choice 7

I have my PC connected to a home theater. I want the world to hear! But we use the room for movies also.

Are you kidding me....... $1,200 pair of in ear head phones?? Those things are brutally painful.

They are better designed to be more comfortable, obviously they're not just shaped like plastic skullcandies.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm curious to see them. I hope @KaminKevCrew shoots us a link or something. I mean you can only fit so much into a human's ear  :lol:

If they're not the Nausicaä ones I'll be pissed.

I care about quality audio but I have a budget to work with, I have had ATH M50s for two years now and they are the best headphones I have ever owned, I rarely find a person in CS:GO who can hear someone before I can

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Numero 4 para mi.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Did you spell that right?

What do you think?

I'm going to say no because I tried searching for it on google and it returned anime stuff

Choice 7

They are custom molded to the shape of my ear so that they are a perfect fit

I'm curious to see them. I hope @KaminKevCrew shoots us a link or something. I mean you can only fit so much into a human's ear [emoji38]

1964ears A6. I'll put up some pictures when I get them as mine will be one of the earlier models produced

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm going to say no because I tried searching for it on google and it returned anime stuff

Precisely.

I won't go "all out" and buy HD800s, for example, but $400-$450 is my limit on headphones.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Choice 4 1/2 currently. HD558 and Xonar D2X. The ultimate goal is HD600/50 and Magni/ Modi or similar combination.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I'm curious to see them. I hope @KaminKevCrew shoots us a link or something. I mean you can only fit so much into a human's ear :lol:

Having tried multiple high end iems and owning a pretty high end one myself, you'd be surprised how good an iem could get.

I prefer $2000 1964 ears A12 over the same priced LCD-3

Sorry to disappoint. Initially, they were nausicaa, but yesterday I had them change the order (they hadn't even started building them) because a) I wanted to see the drivers, and b) I wanted something a little more understated. So I went with Koa wood faceplates and the Adel logo over that in silver. My next ciems (and don't doubt I'll be getting another pair fairly soon) will definitely be something to do with nausicaa. Another thing is that I wanted to get my order in fast, so I didn't spend the time I would have liked to get the nausicaa pictures just right, so I wouldn't have been totally happy with it anyway. Next ones will be less expensive (probably the A2 from 1964 once it gets released) and they'll be for working out mostly, so I'll definitely take some real time to design them and get them looking perfect (I'm also going to see if they can do a graphic over the entire shell instead of just the faceplate, since I'll have something I can model and put a graphic over.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sorry to disappoint. Initially, they were nausicaa, but yesterday I had them change the order (they hadn't even started building them) because a) I wanted to see the drivers, and b) I wanted something a little more understated. So I went with Koa wood faceplates and the Adel logo over that in silver. My next ciems (and don't doubt I'll be getting another pair fairly soon) will definitely be something to do with nausicaa. Another thing is that I wanted to get my order in fast, so I didn't spend the time I would have liked to get the nausicaa pictures just right, so I wouldn't have been totally happy with it anyway. Next ones will be less expensive (probably the A2 from 1964 once it gets released) and they'll be for working out mostly, so I'll definitely take some real time to design them and get them looking perfect (I'm also going to see if they can do a graphic over the entire shell instead of just the faceplate, since I'll have something I can model and put a graphic over.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Sorry to disappoint. Initially, they were nausicaa, but yesterday I had them change the order (they hadn't even started building them) because a) I wanted to see the drivers, and B) I wanted something a little more understated. So I went with Koa wood faceplates and the Adel logo over that in silver. My next ciems (and don't doubt I'll be getting another pair fairly soon) will definitely be something to do with nausicaa. Another thing is that I wanted to get my order in fast, so I didn't spend the time I would have liked to get the nausicaa pictures just right, so I wouldn't have been totally happy with it anyway. Next ones will be less expensive (probably the A2 from 1964 once it gets released) and they'll be for working out mostly, so I'll definitely take some real time to design them and get them looking perfect (I'm also going to see if they can do a graphic over the entire shell instead of just the faceplate, since I'll have something I can model and put a graphic over.)

Hmph.

You forgot Choice Over-9000

I will literally spend the price-tag of a luxury car to buy a speaker system...don't believe me? Just go to r/audiophile...

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

You forgot Choice Over-9000

I will literally spend the price-tag of a luxury car to buy a speaker system...don't believe me? Just go to r/audiophile...

I belive you, my family used to have a $40,000 home setup. God I miss that thing... :/

Hey! New SIgnature! 

With or Without an AMP/DAC

Without. I considered getting one, but a lot of people say that an AMP/DAC is only worth it with more expensive headphones.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Without. I considered getting one, but a lot of people say that an AMP/DAC is only worth it with more expensive headphones.

I used $1,000 headphones on on board and my phone. Honestly, I would only really get one if you need it. I spent $65 on my amp dac, and it works fine.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I guess I would go ham and spend tons of money on audio if I didn't game. I mean spend $500 on audio when you can get another graphics card or a CPU upgrade