Samsung Unpacked Event Recap (Note 5/Glaxy S6 Edge+) Gear S Teased [Updated 14 August]

Rekx

Quick Look At What We Saw

Edge+/Note 5 confirmed

Specs Confirmed:

S6 Edge+ 

OS: Android 5.1 Processor: Exynos 7420 RAM: 4GB Storage: 32GB/64GB Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD (518ppi) Camera: 16-megapixel with f/1.9 and optical image stabilization (5-megapixel front-facing) Battery: 3000mAh Others: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMI, fingerprint sensor; black sapphire and gold platinum options 

Note 5

OS: Android 5.1 Processor: Exynos 7420 RAM: 4GB Storage: 32GB/64GB Screen: 5.7-inch Quad HD (518ppi) Battery: 3000mAh; (WTF Samsung....) Quick Charge 2.0 and wireless charging support Camera: 16-megapixel with f/1.9 and optical image stabilization Others: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMI, fingerprint sensor; black sapphire and white pearl color options

Samsung Pay Launched. Korea August 20, US September 28 and China/Europe will come in the near future

QWERTY keyboard cover (cool, eh)

Better S pen features

Preorder for Note 5/Edge+ begins in the US today (13 August)

Sidesync For Windows/MAC

Gear s teased

Updated Information

The Note 5 may not become available in Europe.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/13/samsung-galaxy-note-5-uk/

Current Gear VR isn't supported on the Note 5/Edge+. Though a new Gear VR is being develped by Samsung. Which may be shown off at IFA.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/14/new-gear-vr-is-coming-soon-samsung-says/

The 128Gb model isn't official, this is Samsung comment about the "leak" from their own website.

Samsung told the news outlet that the listings were “incorrect,” that it’s fixing its website and that it isn’t currently offering those storage options. This, however, leaves the door open that perhaps Samsung does indeed have plans to launch higher capacity models later on, perhaps in an effort to grab new users as the current devices age.

Official Samsung accessories 

Folio covers 

Clear covers

Samsung Level headphones

Battery packs

Wireless charger with support fro PMA/QI

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/13/galaxy-note-5-accessories/

Prices at US phone carriers:

jpWhrbV.png

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/13/galaxy-note-5-and-galaxy-s6-edge-plus-how-u-s-carrier-pricing-differs/

Show Recap

Dat tease

CMTBkfGXAAAwIuB.jpg

Samsung just confirmed the Note 5 specs

Exynos 7420

RAM: 4GB 

Storage:  32GB/64GB 

Screen: 5.7-inch Quad HD (518ppi)

Battery: 3000mAh; (WTF Samsung....)

Quick Charge 2.0 and wireless charging support

Camera: 16-megapixel with f/1.9 and optical image stabilization

Others: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMI, fingerprint sensor; black sapphire and white pearl color options

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/13/galaxy-note-5-announced-the-most-powerful-galaxy-note-ever-is-finally-here/

Samsung just confirmed the S6 Edge+ Specs 

Processor: Exynos 7420

RAM: 4GB

Storage: 32GB/64GB

Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD (518ppi)

Camera: 16-megapixel with f/1.9 and optical image stabilization (5-megapixel front-facing)

Battery: 3000mAh

Others: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMI, fingerprint sensor; black sapphire and gold platinum options

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/13/galaxy-s6-edge-plus-unveiled/

Hands on with Note 5

Hands on with Note S6 Edge Plus 

More Pictures

CMTDz-SWUAA1rGo.jpg

Samsung Pay launched

CMTEGc2WcAASfcv.jpg

Pop it out baby!

CMTEwGtWcAAuMsk.jpg

Them colors

CMTFAIAWcAArrg2.jpg

Crafted of metal and glass

S pen features:

Can write with the screen off

Clicking mechanism pops the pen

Screen capture can grab a long list in one big image. Instead of multiple screen shots

CMTFT3uWgAE1fD4.jpg

QWERTY keyboard cover

CMTFnU7WsAA3ghE.jpg

Closer look at the cover

CMTGXk2WgAAqu2U.jpg

Samsung Pay is coming in September

SamsungPay-Trial_Main_1.jpg

SamsungPay-Trial_Main_3.jpg

Streaming live youtube video from the camera's app. Either live or archived for later

CMTHADVWUAEoT17.jpg

Apps Edge is a new feature. That can get to your fav apps and contacts fast

CMTHSiAWsAEqLjf.jpg

LPDDR4 are in both Phones 

CMTHhrhWUAA6Xn4.jpg

Both phones supports LTE cat 9

Camera Feautres:

Will shoot in 4k
Image stabilizer
VDIS
OIS

CMTIfgBWUAESkcY.jpg

Sidesync will allow you to drag and drop phones across PC and back

CMTIfgGWIAAoSn_.jpg

Fast wireless charging. Empty to full in 2 hours. Starbucks/Ikea are embracing wireless charging.

CMTIjkeWoAA-uoh.jpg
CMTI_ysWwAEZAwz.jpg

Both phones will be available August 21. You can preorder in the US 3pm today
Note 5 may not come to Europe

CMTJI-ZW8AATlEW.jpg

Gift cards, memberships cards are supported by Samsung Pay

CMTKe3NWIAAkxuu.jpg

Samsung has partnered with Amex, Mastercard, Visa, Bank of America, Chase, Citi, USBank, blackhawk, first data and ynchrony

Samsung Pay is protected by Samsung Knox. Apparently no information is stored on your phone 

CMTKpFPWUAAw-Tn.jpg

Samsung Pay will be live in Korea August 20. In US September 28. China/Europe will come in the near future

CMTK781WoAAhhw0.jpg

Gear S teased

CMTLS8GWIAAtBLf.jpg

Gear S interface:

Samsung-Unpacked-2015-Note-5-Galaxy-S6-E

Will be called Gear 2 and we will meet it in Berlin at IFA early September.

Stream ended.

Big thanks to Technobuffalo for their liveblog/coverage 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I hate samsung to be honest!

Only product I own of samsung is a washing machine

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Galaxy Note. I wonder if they will show of any new smart watches.
Any news on the GS6 active becoming available in other regions would be nice too.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I got a feeling Samsung will take several steps backwards just like they did with the Galaxy S 6. Stuff like removable battery and microSD will probably be missing.

Updated the thread with the youtube stream :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I dislike samsung as a Brand (for Phones/Tablets/Laptops etc). Their memory chips are good though.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Interested in the Note 5, although they have probably got rid of the removable back and micro sd card slot.

For me it's the battery which is important. If we get a 4000mAh battery i'm all over the Note 5.

For me it's the battery which is important. If we get a 4000mAh battery i'm all over the Note 5.

It will be 3000mAh.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

It will be 3000mAh.

We're not sure about that. 

It begins

Launches at Aug 21st. Pre-orders at 3pm EST today!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The good: 4 GB of RAM, 5.7" screen (I was afraid they would bump it up to 5.9) and the latest Exynos processor

The bad: lack of microSD slot, removable battery, IR blaster and glass back with no grip + a fingerprint magnet ...

I don't think they have made the right decision, they should have gone with two different designs for their GS6 and Note 5.

The Note 5 has always been targeted at specs geeks, and now they have removed the microSD slot and removable battery ... not smart.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

We're not sure about that. 

I am, and it just got confirmed.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I am, and it just got confirmed.

Indeed. Damn i'm really disappointed :/

Hmmmm disappointing about the battery.

FFS companies, having fast charging is not a substitute for a larger battery! I'm not going to carry around a charger with me, and hunt for a wall outlet because my phones dying.

It also won't help me if I'm out in the wild, away from any kind of charging solution.

Fail.
On to the next phone release.

Maybe Huawei will nail the Nexus phablet.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

so the only difference between the note 5 and s6+ is the spen come on samsung i want the note 5 to have a removable battery and sd card

I want a removable battery... is that too much to ask?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Hmmmm disappointing about the battery.

FFS companies, having fast charging is not a substitute for a larger battery! I'm not going to carry around a charger with me, and hunt for a wall outlet because my phones dying.

It also won't help me if I'm out in the wild, away from any kind of charging solution.

Fail.

On to the next phone release.

Maybe Huawei will nail the Nexus phablet.

Bigger battery capacity doesn't equal to longer battery life, let's just wait for reviewers to pick up the device and have a comprehensive review; specifications don't tell the whole story anyways  :D

Bigger battery capacity doesn't equal to longer battery life, let's just wait for reviewers to pick up the device and have a comprehensive review; specifications don't tell the whole story anyways  :D

i dont care how small the battery is if its removable then im fine

edit: ok unless it is like 1 mah but even if its 2000 i would be happy with switching batteries a lot

I want a removable battery... is that too much to ask?

I sympathize with you, but you could go look for other devices which address your needs or give the non-removable battery a chance :D

While you're half right, in most cases it does. For example in this case, if they'd put in a 4100mah battery, it would have significantly longer battery life.

We're not comparing two different manufacturers here. We're comparing what would happen if the same manufacturer simply put in a bigger battery.

I get what you're saying though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red