Can you see a difference between 60hz and 75hz?

I want to buy a GSYNC laptop which has a 75hz refresh rate. On my main PC I'm currently connected to a 120hz monitor which feels great. I have tried playing at 60hz but after playing so much at 120hz, 60hz just feels awful. I was wondering how much a step down 75hz would be from 120hz. When I'm switching between 120hz and 75hz I am hoping it wouldn't be too different. Is it ? I heard Linus say that the difference between 60hz and 75hz is light and day whereas 75hz and 120hz was less significant.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, I can very easily tell the difference between 60 and 75hz. However I've never experienced anything more than 80hz so I can't comment on that.

Sig under construction.

Yes, I can very easily tell the different between 60 and 75hz. However I've never experienced anything more than 80hz so I can't comment on that.

WOW!! You must have super hero powers :D

Do you even have a monitor higher than 60Hz???

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

yes.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd say going for the 75Hz would be worth it. Obviously it won't look like 120 but it will be somewhere in between. IMO 75 feels a good deal smoother than 60. Why not lock your framerate at 75 on your 120Hz monitor to see how you like it?

Must be a troll... You can overclock monitors from 60hz to 75hz easily.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

if u play all the time with higher hz then try switching down

Research seems to suggest that people in general can, yes. I know that for me motion at 120 fps looks visibly smoother than 60 fps when you see a side-by-side comparison.

75fps is the sweet spot. I think most people wont notice much difference from 75fps and upwards no matter what they claim.

I can't really tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps so it's wasted on me lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

75fps is the sweet spot. I think most people wont notice much difference from 75fps and upwards no matter what they claim.

I can't really tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps so it's wasted on me lol

Hate to be rude, but it's obviousyou'd think people can't tell the difference at higher framerates if you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60.

[witty signature]

Seriously? Like... turn your monitor down to 30hz and use it. Not in games or anything, but as a general monitor. Move the mouse around, drag windows around the desktop...

I want to buy a GSYNC laptop which has a 75hz refresh rate. On my main PC I'm currently connected to a 120hz monitor which feels great. I have tried playing at 60hz but after playing so much at 120hz, 60hz just feels awful. I was wondering how much a step down 75hz would be from 120hz. When I'm switching between 120hz and 75hz I am hoping it wouldn't be too different. Is it ? I heard Linus say that the difference between 60hz and 75hz is light and day whereas 75hz and 120hz was less significant.

you can notice it.

You can also overclock the display using custom resolutions as you're not tied to the iGPU at all via Optimus.

Can't say you can get 120Hz but you should be able to manage 90Hz easy, and 100Hz is not uncommon for the LP173WF4-SPF1 panel you'll have (assuming a 17" notebook)

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Hate to be rude, but it's obviousyou'd think people can't tell the difference at higher framerates if you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60.

its not my opinion, you'll find a lot of reviewers will say the same. Even Linus did in his recent X34 review which is a 75hz panel.

Seriously? Like... turn your monitor down to 30hz and use it. Not in games or anything, but as a general monitor. Move the mouse around, drag windows around the desktop...

in games i dont notice it, i spent enough time playing games at 4k with a gtx 770 and trying to set the graphics as high as possible, 30fps was a common occurrence. its why I'm happy with just a 4k 60hz monitor as 144hz is wasted on me, that and id rather have 4k lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

its not my opinion, you'll find a lot of reviewers will say the same. Even Linus did in his recent X34 review which is a 75hz panel.

in games i dont notice it, i spent enough time playing games at 4k with a gtx 770 and trying to set the graphics as high as possible, 30fps was a common occurrence. its why I'm happy with just a 4k 60hz monitor as 144hz is wasted on me, that and id rather have 4k lol

I'm happy with 4K 60fps, too, because I find the increased resolution has more of an effect than high framerate, but I can see the difference between 60hz and 120 hz when side by side (I can't necessarily say the same when they're not side by side)

I can definitely find 30 fps unpleasant to play at though.

Nope. I can't tell anything from 60fps and up.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

My screens run at 75hz at lower resolutions. It feels far smoother.

Sig under construction.

no, the point is not your eyes,  its all a smoothness factor,  Its how many times a second the frames are hitting your eyes.  If you playing 30fps locked on a 60Hz screen you will see every frame exactly twice, creating the illusion that it is slow.  It all comes down to how smooth the image is, and it creates a sharper image because it is making use of the high number of rendered frames

• CPU: Fx-8350 || Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 || Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X OC r9 290 || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro || Storage: Seagate 1TB (Main Storage), Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB external (backups/Media) || PSU: Raidmax 730 Watt || Displays: 2x 2x Acer 21.5" S220HQL || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

•  

I OCed my monitor to 75 from 60 and yes, there is a difference. I mainly notice it if I play for a while on 75 and then switch to 60.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900