What types of mechanical switches are you using?

So I was going back to the time when Corsair decided to discontinue their line of Cherry MX Blue RGB switches and I was feeling the pain and sadness again, even though I can't afford it. Then I remembered that Corsair James on his forum mentioned that contrary to popular belief, Cherry MX Blue switches are actually really outsold by other switches such as Cherry MX Reds and Browns. So I wanted to see for myself, because many gamers and streamers I see on YouTube all have some sort of clicky switch, which I can only assume to be Cherry MX Blues.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

So I was going back to the time when Corsair decided to discontinue their line of Cherry MX Blue RGB switches and I was feeling the pain and sadness again, even though I can't afford it. Then I remembered that Corsair James on his forum mentioned that contrary to popular belief, Cherry MX Blue switches are actually really outsold by other switches such as Cherry MX Reds and Browns. So I wanted to see for myself, because many gamers and streamers I see on YouTube all have some sort of clicky switch, which I can only assume to be Cherry MX Blues.

Please.... this is like the 400th time this topic has been posted. Please go to google and type site:linustechtips.com cherry mx switch keyswitch favorite  etc. This is not a new subject....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Add "I'm happy with what I have" in the second poll please c:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

membrane and it will always be membrane firstly because i dont like loud keyboards and secondly i prefer to put that money into something more important like food.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Because I can't get MX Super Blacks I use membrane

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

MX Reds.

#K70RGB!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I love my K95 RGB with browns, but I wish I could have gotten it with blues. Too bad Cherry had issues with them and had to discontinue them for the time being. I hope they find someway to fix the issues they were having with them cuz I would love an RGB keyboard with blues. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Scissor switches... get the best of both mechanical and membrane... (I like shallow keys because I type heavy...)

Scissor switches... get the best of both mechanical and membrane... (I like shallow keys because I type heavy...)

KILL THE HERETIC!!!

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I have the Corsair K70 with Blues :D

KILL THE HERETIC!!!

MUHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T KILL ME AND MY MEMBRANE KEYBOARD THAT SOUNDS LIKE MX BLUES AND FEELS LIKE MX BROWNS!!