Does Airport Security Care About Computer Parts in your suitcase?

nikolaizombie1

I'm moving In about a month and i need to bring my two computers, but i don't know if airport security will let metal parts in my carry on bag and suit case. 

My question is will they care?

If in the US: I would save the trouble and mail the parts ahead of me. Chances are they will want to see that the parts work, especially if they aren't in an "never opened before" condition.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

wouldnt try it in the USA

but in london the netherlands cairo toronto frankfurt and calgary no issues.

i just bring the parts and leave the PSU and case wrap them in my clothes and put them in the big bags (non carryon) except for the hardrives.

Chances are your fine with a carryon too they might make you put it on top of the bag like a laptop though

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

power supply causes some weird looks ill just tell you that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If in the US: I would save the trouble and mail the parts ahead of me. Chances are they will want to see that the parts work, especially if they aren't in an "never opened before" condition.

there used parts from my currents machines but in there original boxes (well most of them). I'l be bringing everything except the cases so i can fit in the suit case (that's including my two monitors)

wouldnt try it in the USA

but in london the netherlands cairo toronto frankfurt and calgary no issues.

i just bring the parts and leave the PSU and case wrap them in my clothes and put them in the big bags (non carryon) except for the hardrives.

Chances are your fine with a carryon too they might make you put it on top of the bag like a laptop though

I live in a  a us commonwealth so i think the airport security is pretty high.

So basically bring everything except the psu and cases?

Yes the overwieght fees will be more than the PSU and Case and they take up a bunch of room. but if your a really light packer its fine.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes the overwieght fees will be more than the PSU and Case and they take up a bunch of room. but if your a really light packer its fine.

that advice is useful since i have to pack a m-atx server build and a atx gaming build plus two monitors and a ps3 and ps4

that advice is useful since i have to pack a m-atx server build and a atx gaming build plus two monitors and a ps3 and ps4

bonus frequent flyer tip. Get a large bag that can compress to carry on size. when going through bag checking wear like 10 coats and as soon as you pass security stuff em into that compressible carryon that has the stuff you cant wear.

I think someone posted that their GPU was damaged when the security insisted on checking it out

bonus frequent flyer tip. Get a large bag that can compress to carry on size. when going through bag checking wear like 10 coats and as soon as you pass security stuff em into that compressible carryon that has the stuff you cant wear.

I'l be using another suitcase for shirst  and i don't have that much shirts either so i can for everything else there

I think someone posted that their GPU was damaged when the security insisted on checking it out

I'l be using the original packaging so that won't the a huge issue 

That guy did use the original packing. Just hope that you meet competent, tech savvy people, and not some paranoid freak 

That guy did use the original packing. Just hope that you meet competent, tech savvy people, and not some paranoid freak 

i believe that i if can't survive usps it can survive air port security but is there a way that i can mark the suit case as fragile?

good luck fitting stuff in if you do that... 

i believe that i if can't survive usps it can survive air port security but is there a way that i can mark the suit case as fragile?

and yes when your checking it in doesnt really change anything though

EDIT: forgot to tell you this DO NOT BRING WATER IN ANY FORM

sorry i i sound like an idiot, i don't travel often and i haven't bought computer parts with be before, sorry

EDIT: forgot to tell you this DO NOT BRING WATER IN ANY FORM

i don't have a water cooler so that's not a issue

sorry i i sound like an idiot, i don't travel often and i haven't bought computer parts with be before, sorry

Its fine

i don't have a water cooler so that's not a issue

I meant in general like no water bottles or anything

and if you can fit everything in their boxes thats great but chances are thats not an option

Its fine

and if you can fit everything in their boxes thats great but chances are thats not an option

i have saved most of the boxes so that's a option for me

Its fine

i have saved most of the boxes so that's a option for me

yes but can you fit them

Its fine

I have found this article witch contradicts your previous statements and it says to not bring in checked baggage or on person so i decide to bring then via mail what should i do to prepare?

Oh yeah here's the link for the article http://www.airsafe.com/danger.htm