How was your pc building experience?

Ghost
building a pc drunk just a bad idea
Sounds like a brilliant idea for anyone whos watching.

Plugging the power cable into the PC but forgetting to plug it into the wall and having your heart sink as your new PC doesn't power on.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

24 pin not in correctly

Forgetting about the 4-8pin

and worst of all Screwing the mobo in with the 4 or 8 pin behind it, done that a few times

Those PSU back then has 2 power 'modes'(240V and 120V?) then I was curious what it does. I switched to the other mode then pop the ON button and POOF. I sent it back for warranty and had to wait for it to get back.

CPU fans, put the ram in the wrong way are both common mistakes for me haha. Cable management is also a tough one for beginner. It takes awhile to really sort it out on how to put it. Build more machines would definitely help xD

I didn't really make any mistakes the first time I did my build, because I had help .
I was 12, I couldn't read English properly, so I had my older brother translate the motherboard quick installation guide for me.

That can't possibly be cheating , I couldn't speak the freakin language !

I had my monitor set to the wrong input

Haha Brilliant! :D

I'm an 18 year old Tech Lover and YouTuber from South England. Subscribe here - *Link removed* :D

Got the GPU stuck between the case and the MoBo. Almost broke it :D
I'm sorry but how did you manage that lol =D

I'm an 18 year old Tech Lover and YouTuber from South England. Subscribe here - *Link removed* :D

buying new ram and not knowing what frakin rambus ram is

I hated that hand me down alienware.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Believing in Intel NetBurst when the P4's came out (aka HeatBurst), anything short of Liquid Nitrogen for cooling was like tossing gasoline on a fire to put it out,

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Believing in Intel NetBurst when the P4's came out (aka HeatBurst), anything short of Liquid Nitrogen for cooling was like tossing gasoline on a fire to put it out,
ROFL !!! biggest mistake you've ever made lol.

Well that lead to an under cooled case which required that TAC attachment and me drilling a hole on the side of a Lian Li case which had a pretty thick side panel, and even with that it was too hot so I added a fan to blow the air directly on the CPU and then had to upgrade the case fan so it could also handle exiting that hot air faster to the whole case just didn't become a heater for the other components. In the end I left the side panel off and had a regular room fan blowing into it to cool it off... better? :( On the bright side, winters were much warmer with that CPU :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

hehehe , warmer winters is what we insane overclockers aspire to achieve if we are mad enough !

Cuting my finger when installing the I/O shield like , every freaking time lol
It's a well-known fact that if you haven't cut yourself, you're not done the build!

The computer gods require a blood sacrifice - if you get through without slicing a finger, it just means you've missed plugging in a connector... they'll get you when you go back in to troubleshoot!

Forgot to plug in the front I/O cables. Was clicking that power button thousands times. So i called a friend of my and the first thing he did was plugging in that cable and it worked.

Forgetting to flip the power switch on the PSU.
It's always like that: I finished the build lets see does it work? WHAT NO WHY? and after the fear that everything is broken you rememer to flip the switch.

-almost left the plastic sticker under heatsink... thankfully caught it before screwing it in.

-didn't push in 24-pin all the way in.

Same here with the 24-pin that was so frustrating i thought i heard it click

I dropped my hardrive when un-packaging it. and i didnt put my 24-pin all the way i could of swore it clicked lol

I picked up the completed build after boot testing in order to move it under the desk and I dropped it in the process. I bent the case, cracked the mobo (from the weight of the Cooler Master v8) , destroyed two brand new hard drives, and crushed my big toe.
Man that would be a bummer

When plugging the power cable into the graphics card I did not push it in all the way, The noise it made when I tried to turn it on was something I shall never forget!

When plugging the power cable into the graphics card I did not push it in all the way' date=' The noise it made when I tried to turn it on was something I shall never forget![/quote']

I'd freak if that happened to me!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

-Bought a 900w PSU for a 6950 and a 2600k

-Bought the H50

-Bought the thermaltake armor+mx case

-Bought a non modular PSU with a case that has almost no cable management

don't forget the standoffs. i doubt anyone here can imagine the number of people i have sold motherboards, and the screwed the motherboard directly down to the case. standoffs exist for a reason, they come with your case for a reason, use them. (i doubt it is as bad these days, when i was selling boards we still used plastic standoffs that keyed in, early atx, general at)

People closing the sidepanel before the first boot.

I will second that, also not running the system outside the case before throwing it in to make sure it posts.

Plugged my SATA cable into the motherboard but not my SSD couldn't figure out why the BIOs wasn't recognizing it. :3

putting the power supply up the "wrong" way, by that i mean so your cables wont reach because there is no right way round to place a PSU.