Witcher 3 on Steam vs. GOG

Mihle

I wonder if I want to buy Witcher 3 on steam or GOG.

I know that GOG is DRM free, but Witcher 3 is cheaper at steam...

Witcher 3 is 59,99€ at GOG

Witcher 3 is 48€ on steam.

so it is any other bonuses buying it from GOG, and it it worth it?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Yeah other than being DRM free nope none.

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

Well, I got the soundtrack (20+ songs), free DLC, free HD wallpapers, and zero problems with Galaxy or the game, plays flawlessly in 2 970's and a 1440p panel

you dont get that on steam?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

you dont get that on steam?

The preorder says I would but I haven't found a way to get em

-------

Current Rig

-------

i bought it from steam and also i got a titan x few days ago, found out an hour ago that i can get it for free from GoG >.> for titan x owners 

be happy to trade you the code for another game code if you are interested,   :)

Wait what? I just bought two Titan X's recently. How do I get Witcher 3 for free?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Wait what? I just bought two Titan X's recently. How do I get Witcher 3 for free?

Installe Gforce experience the pop up should show up.

The little trophy icon top right coner was light up when i got mine.

Installe Gforce experience the pop up should show up.

The little trophy icon top right coner was light up when i got mine.

I have it installed but been really busy. If I bought 2 does that mean I get two copies or just one. Thank you so much. I will check tonight and let you know if I got a copy.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I have it installed but been really busy. If I bought 2 does that mean I get two copies or just one. Thank you so much. I will check tonight and let you know if I got a copy.

You might be able to get 2 copies if you register them separately on two accounts.

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

I bought 2 970s and got 2 copies but sold one to my friend and kept the other one for myself

16 DLCs should be free. Regardless if preorder or not, but I'm not sure of the other freebies like the manual, soundtracks, wallpapers and avatars.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I wonder if I want to buy Witcher 3 on steam or GOG.

I know that GOG is DRM free, but Witcher 3 is cheaper at steam...

Witcher 3 is 59,99€ at GOG

Witcher 3 is 48€ on steam.

so it is any other bonuses buying it from GOG, and it it worth it?

Yeah other than being DRM free nope none.

GoG was the same price vs Steam for me, so IO went the GoG road.  GoG is owned by CD Projekt, the parent company of Witcher 3 developers CD Projekt Red.  I rather give them all the money rather than have Steam take a cut from sales, as I would really want to support CDPR as much as I can.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The preorder says I would but I haven't found a way to get em

it's in the game files,

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

They are in the install folder

Thanks, glad I stumbled into this thread. Had no clue where the artwork and stuff was.