I spilled water on my Corsaair K70 Keyboard, Now all it does is spam random keys. Is there a way to fix this?

Meawa

While I was playing minecraft, I accidentally spilled water on my keyboard. When I plug it in all the lights still work its just that it randommly spamms keys REALLY fast. (like the capslock ligh was blinking super fast and things were chaos on the monitor. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this, or will letting it dry out fix this? HELP! Thanks

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

While I was playing minecraft, I accidentally spilled water on my keyboard. When I plug it in all the lights still work its just that it randommly spamms keys REALLY fast. (like the capslock ligh was blinking super fast and things were chaos on the monitor. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this, or will letting it dry out fix this? HELP! Thanks

Might already be broken if it is still plugged in, deffinetly let it dry before using it anymore.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

You should have let it dry out before plugging it in.

Dry it out for at least 12 hours and hope you haven't shorted anything.  If that doesn't work, time to buy a new keyboard.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Just RMA it to get a new one (if your still under warranty) 

no, I bought it 5 months ago...

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Take it apart and spray it with rubbing alcohol and then air compressor it. Atleast air compressor it. Applying power to wet electronics is the last thing you want to do. Leaving it there is the second worse. Just take it apart, and dry it sompletely.

You should never plug it in when it's still wet that can kill it, let it dry for a few days and see if things are still good. If you still have problems you can take it apart and try to give it an alcohol bath to as a last resort to see if you can revive it.

Ouch. Probably not. DRY IT OUT!! You """"COULD""""  Take it apart and try to fix it that way but I wouldn't even do that. See if corsair could fix it 

My condolences! 

Flip it upside down and let it dry out for a couple days.

The moisture is probably shorting the switches.

Since it is still registering input hopefully nothing has been fried.

I had this with my k70 rgb.

I spilled soup in it, and it tripped balls.

Unplugged and aimed a hairdryer at it, it dried up and the keyboard works 100% again.... but I melted keycaps.

So just let it dry for a couple of days.

Wut the warranty is like 2 years+

but can the warrenty cover user-damage?

If you ever spill liquid on electronics, always unplug it as fast as possible. All you can do now is wait for it to dry and hope for the best. Put it somewhere warm/dry in your house.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

but can the warrenty cover user-damage?

dont tell them you spilled water on it just say it randomly stopped working

You should have let it dry out before plugging it in.

Dry it out for at least 12 hours and hope you haven't shorted anything.  If that doesn't work, time to buy a new keyboard.

This, if you ever get anything wet DON'T PLUG IT IN! Take it apart if it doesn't void warranty and let it dry for at LEAST a day.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

This, if you ever get anything wet DON'T PLUG IT IN! Take it apart if it doesn't void warranty and let it dry for at LEAST a day.

Rather amusingly, water is how I clean my fans. Soapy water. I let em soak for a couple minutes, the scrub them down with a cloth. Then I DRY and lube them properly before applying power. Some of my fans are over 10 years old with a sleve bearing and a monthly cleaning has them looking like a new fan still :D But I would take the keyboard apart or alteast put it on the front of a high power fan. If the water sits inside, It can rust/corrode things irreversably. Good luck!

Magic just happened and I went to walmart and when I came back the keyboard now semi works! The only thing is on like 20% of keys there is a wierd thing happening, whenever I press for example "e" it also presses "d"

Magic just happened and I went to walmart and when I came back the keyboard now semi works! The only thing is on like 20% of keys there is a wierd thing happening, whenever I press for example "e" it also presses "d"

DRY. IT. OUT.

DO NOT PLUG IT IN UNTIL DRY.