Corsair K70 RGB or Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Hello everyone i am debating a new keyboard. I'm not sure what to get the Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard with cherry mx red switches. Or the Razor Black-widow Chroma with Razor Switches.I have been on you tube and looked at many different video and i was wondering if you guys would tell me what you like and don't like about the two And Your Pros and Cons So Thats Really It Bye Guys

I Am Aware Of Software Problems I want Build And Quality 

Hello everyone i am debating a new keyboard. I'm not sure what to get the Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard with cherry mx red switches. Or the Razor Black-widow Chroma with Razor Switches.I have been on you tube and looked at many different video and i was wondering if you guys would tell me what you like and don't like about the two And Your Pros and Cons So Thats Really It Bye Guys

Well for obvious reasons the Corsair. Has real Cherry switches.

Just for the record though, it's unlikely that if you like one of the switches from the Razer that you'll like the Reds. Reds are very light and are linear. The Razer switches are fairly heavy and clicky and have a tactile bump.

Anyways, if it were based solely on the manufacturer it would be the Corsair. There aren't a ton of RGB keyboards out there and IMO, the Corsair is the only good one.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

snip

You should get the Das Keyboard 4 with brown switches if you don't need LED's.

The RGB hype goes away real fast, just get a keyboard with a color that you like. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Corsair

the real cherry switches are better than the made-in-china fakes razer uses

the build quality is much better, with high quality aluminum and well engineered LEDs

the software is more complicated but allows for many more possibilities and lighting effects, not just 6 like the chroma

also linus compared them side by side and said colour transitions on the K70 RGB were smoother

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should get the Das Keyboard 4 with brown switches if you don't need LED's.

The RGB hype goes away real fast, just get a keyboard with a color that you like. 

Or a Ducky Shine 3 if he wants an option for many colors and a super high-quality keyboard.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Neither. The software is buggy and crash's, the novelty of the lighting wears off fast. NOT worth it.

(owns K70 RGB)

Dont get razer. Kailh switch = nope

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Neither. The software is buggy and crash's, the novelty of the lighting wears off fast. NOT worth it.

(owns K70 RGB)

Corsair rbg software is a joke, it may or may not ware off on you.

Corsair rbg software is a joke, it may or may not ware off on you.

When it crash's when you launch any game, or when you boot up, or lock your pc.

God forbid when you open chrome :L

You cant really use what you are paying extra for :(

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

IMO Corsair RGB= currently incomplete softwear and firmware that is still maturing

Razer Chroma= Incomplete but hidden issue solved with working softwear.

I own the Chroma and love it to a point the lighting profile change takes a bit and Synapse is a CPU resource hog it uses 15-20% utilization on its own. Switches are a bit on the heavy side. But the SDK being out right now pushed me to it even more.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

FYI Software Not A problem I Want Quality  

Then get a regular K70?!?!?!??!!?

Without the software then the RGB is useless.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

there are work arounds, and still hope for the software. its way late if it came out tomorrow.  doesn't like steam, doesn't work on restart sometimes, freezes when i plug something in. i also vote for the k70 unless you must have lighting. 

Not What I meant i just wanted the quality of the two the way their built

Not What I meant i just wanted the quality of the two the way their built

The K70 RGB and the normal K70 are built the same......

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

going to have to recomend K70 just becaues they use cherry mx switchs not wierd chinese ones

IAN :o

The K70 RGB and the normal K70 are built the same......

The Difference in quality Between Chroma and k70  

k70 wins. I still think you should try them both if you can before you buy.

I get what you mean. So how about between a normal K70 and a normal razer blackwidow?

(K70 built better btw)

If you dont care about the software then why the hell you getting a RGB keyboard??!?!?!

It costs more and you arnt going to use the RGB!!!

You arnt making much sense here.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I Am Aware Of Software Problems I want Build And Quality

I have K70 for everyday use and i love it. I think the RGB version will work as good as the old one

And i think K70 looks more premium for my taste. But it depends on u anyway

I get what you mean. So how about between a normal K70 and a normal razer blackwidow?

(K70 built better btw)

If you dont care about the software then why the hell you getting a RGB keyboard??!?!?!

You arnt making much sense 

(K70 built better btw)

Yea i Care About the Software And Stuff I wanted Quality not software For This Post Just The Way Its Build And I Just Want Extra Color Thats Really it not be limited with one color and not like The Color Anymore Down The Road And i know i can be confusing 

(K70 built better btw)

You arnt making much sense 

(K70 built better btw)

Yea i Care About the Software And Stuff I wanted Quality not software For This Post Just The Way Its Build And I Just Want Extra Color Thats Really it not be limited with one color and not like The Color Anymore Down The Road And i know i can be confusing 

Uhh... Just get the K70 then..................................

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I have the chroma and I love it, all the talk about switches is just preference, the ones Razer uses are modified blues.

(owns K70 RGB)

Gotta disagree. The software is a PAIN to learn on but hasn't been buggy at all for me, the macro feature(which I've read you only get with rgb k70s or any k95) is awesome, and the lighting is still very appealing to me(It's an awesome decoration rooms at night.)

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb