Man Forced to Sell His New House Because Comcast Lied to Him

themodernagenb

This makes me glad I live in a country where pretty much 99.99% of the country has cable access.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I'm sorry but I can't sympathize here: Stay in the motherfucking city if your work depends on a good internet connection. Leave the "move to bumblefuck fucking nowhere" houses to people that don't need internet infrastructure. 

I live in Bumblefuck Fucking Nowhere (twinned with Shit All Here) and we get 37 mbps (which is a disappointment: they advertise 70). You shouldn't accept bullshit just because you're used to it.

and this is legally allowed in the USA because of?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

clickbait.

comcast said they could cover, but couldnt. whoops. companies mess up. 

forced to sell? 

he in no way was forced to sell. a internet company being unable to serve you is not forcing you to sell it.

I work at mcdonalds. If you order a ice cream, I tell you the total, then later inform you that we are out of ice cream, you cant go with the headlines "man forced to starve because mcdonalds lied to him"

whats sad, is that's actually more extreme then this. this would be "man forced to starve because mcdonalds lied to him" if we ran out of napkins/another thing not food related.

like yeah it sucks he cant get comcast to cover him. dont see why this is news though/big deal. just seems clickbait on the comcast hate bandwagon.

speaking of comcast hate, we pay 80$ a month for this:http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4246137145

60/11 internet. not bad. little expesnive, but our other option is AT&T. they have a internet plan thats 30$ a month for 6 months. the fastest speed though is 3mb if your right next to the node. please tell me who is offering a better deal here. 

No one is forcing him to sell his house. Thats his choice because he didnt get internet service.

Comcast lying to him is still a problem, but the title is misleading.

What was he suppose to do? Get a statement saying that he can get internet service?

clickbait.

forced to sell? 

he in no way was forced to sell. a internet company being unable to serve you is not forcing you to sell it.

I work at mcdonalds. If you order a ice cream, I tell you the total, then later inform you that we are out of ice cream, you cant go with the headlines "man forced to starve because mcdonalds lied to him"

whats sad, is that's actually more extreme then this. this would be "man forced to starve because mcdonalds lied to him" if we ran out of napkins/another thing not food related.

like yeah it sucks he cant get comcast to cover him. dont see why this is news though/big deal. just seems clickbait on the comcast hate bandwagon.

speaking of comcast hate, we pay 80$ a month for this:http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4246137145

60/11 internet. not bad. little expesnive, but our other option is AT&T. they have a internet plan thats 30$ a month for 6 months. the fastest speed though is 3mb if your right next to the node. please tell me who is offering a better deal here. 

Read the article again.

According to his blog, he got confirmation that they will be able to get service assuming without any problems.

Read the article again.

According to his blog, he got confirmation that they will be able to get service assuming without any problems.

There very well may be more to this story. its extremely one sided, and just looking around the website, its oh so credible. 

http://gawker.com/bad-frats-a-rolling-account-of-this-years-fraternity-f-1692279536

very serious website clearly.

even putting that aside though, comcast in no way forced him to sell him his house. comcast does have a obligation not to lie to potential customers, but companies in no way have to serve customers if they do not wish. If I own a company, I have every right to refuse someone service. 

It sucks, Im just saying whats being claimed is a bit over the top

I thought that the internet being declared a utility puts laws in place which forces ISP's to provide service to everyone, no matter what. if the house has running water it gets internet as well. No?

clickbait.

forced to sell? 

You didn't read the article did you, the man works from home, he needs internet to do his job, if he can't do his job then he needs to move. Ya get it? No one can provide him Internet, the point is Comcast said they could and thats the only reason they even moved into the house to begin with. If the man can work there why would he live there? So in a sense, comcast is the reason he moved in, and are the reason he needs to move out.

No. A person lied to him. Not the company. Jesus u people are worse than the people u complain about. That's the fact.

You didn't read the article did you, the man works from home, he needs internet to do his job, if he can't do his job then he needs to move. Ya get it? No one can provide him Internet, the point is Comcast said they could and thats the only reason they even moved into the house to begin with. If the man can work there why would he live there? So in a sense, comcast is the reason he moved in, and are the reason he needs to move out.

so he made a 200K+ decision on the word of some rep of a service provider? 

like I said, i see where your coming from. It was still a very dumb decision on his part. but heres what im asking myself. "would I make a life altering decision based on word, and word alone of someone I never met, and never will meet, that is trying to sell me something?"

look at it that way and it seems crazy. I think at the very least Comcast could cover the lost money from having to move again. but to say they are FORCED TO MOVE by comcast is just un realistic. 

No. A person lied to him. Not the company. Jesus u people are worse than the people u complain about. That's the fact.

whats funny is I doubt the person even lied. Im sure whatever system they where looking at said theyd be covered, but for what ever reason it was not 100% accurate. 

I'm sorry, but this guy isn't very intelligient. It's as simple as that. 

He went and BOUGHT A HOUSE - not renting, BOUGHT and acquired a mortgage for. All on over-the-phone verbal statements that carry no legal weight whatsoever. So now, he can't even sue Comcast due to a significant lack of any legal evidence. 

It doesn't matter that they lied. This is all hearsay, and he has literally no proof to back up any of his claims. Comcast aren't going to provide evidence towards their own demise (customer notes etc.)

I'm sorry but you don't just buy a house willy-nilly "hoping" that your internet connection will be sorted out by The Worst Company in America, a fact he should have known months in advance of his real-estate purchase. 

He did shit-all dilligence on this and you can tell he was just over-excited to be able to finance a house and didn't bother to spend time preparing properly. He hasn't said ONCE that it is an inconvenience for him to live anywhere else. He says he works "remotely" - meaning he can live ANYWHERE with an internet connection. He chose to put up with Comcast's bullshit once he knew (before buying the house) that they were the SOLE ISP available in that area. If he was even remotely intellegient he would have steered clear of The Worst Company in America and chosen not only a house in a different area, but one that already fucking had an internet connection. He could easily have found this out by having a tech inspection done of the property, which ALL new home-owners should seek to do, and which he didn't have done at all from what i've read. 

I have little sympathy for him. The writing was almost entirely on the wall. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

So why didn't he just get a different ISP?

Did you read the article? It says in it.

This makes me glad a website like this exists for the UK

https://www.samknows.com 

Type in a postcode and it tells you exactly what your area can get.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Did you read the article? It says in it.

No, I read the TLDR, because that's supposed to contain all relevant info

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

No, I read the TLDR, because that's supposed to contain all relevant info

Well read it before commenting. 

Holy fucking hell, that's messed up.

I know one thing, from this point forward, if I do anything, and comcast's name is even mentioned, I'm getting everything in writing, if they say "we don't do that", my response will be "then I'm not paying you, fuck right the hell off".

Seriously, this company NEEDS to die. The people running it, NEED to be fired, and banned from ever running anything ever again. This is just straight fucked up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hardly think comcast is solely to blame here.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Well read it before commenting. 

There shouldn't be a reason. Again, the point of  a TLDR is to give all the info a reader needs to fully understand the topic so they don't have to read the entire damn article

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

There shouldn't be a reason. Again, the point of  a TLDR is to give all the info a reader needs to fully understand the topic so they don't have to read the entire damn article

Sorry guess I am not as time pressed as some seem to be. Scanning an article does not take long when it is short. 

Yeah, man. Why don't we just fly the entire planet to another solar system after we've fucked up Earth? I mean, everything's so easy, right?

Tbh this is more likely to happen than ISP's being nice.

Sometimes it makes me sad that they are my cable/phone/ISP. But their internet is sooooo good.

I agree, I hate them but 40-50mpbs down and 20-30 up for the price is too damn good around here.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I agree, I hate them but 40-50mpbs down and 20-30 up for the price is too damn good around here.

I tend to get like 60-70/10-20, and we have a 200GB? data cap.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sorry guess I am not as time pressed as some seem to be. Scanning an article does not take long when it is short. 

Fuck off, you don't know my schedule. Maybe I was really fucking busy that day. Maybe I was, oh, I don't know, in school, waiting for classes to change, and they changed while I was posting?

Think of circumstances dipshit 

Fuck off, you don't know my schedule. Maybe I was really fucking busy that day. Maybe I was, oh, I don't know, in school, waiting for classes to change, and they changed while I was posting?

Think of circumstances dipshit 

Calm down little boy. No need to get mad over nothing.